Best Eye Doctors In Lexington, KY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lexington Optometrists in Lexington, Lexington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lexington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lexington.
Commonwealth Eye Surgery
2353 Alexandria Dr #350, Lexington, KY 40504
Current Specials: Free LASIK
Patients were pleased with Commonwealth Eye Surgery’s knowledgeable and friendly staff and skilled doctors who improved their vision through successful LASIK, cataract, and other surgeries. A few patients experienced post-surgical pain and complications, but overall, the majority recommend Commonwealth for meeting their eye care needs.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff's knowledge and expertise in eye care and surgery, particularly with LASIK and cataract procedures.
- Excellent patient care and comfort: The reviews consistently mentioned feeling at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the surgery itself. The staff was described as caring, friendly, and attentive to patients' needs and concerns.
- Successful outcomes: Many reviewers expressed satisfaction with their results, including improved vision and successful surgeries. Some reviewers even mentioned achieving 20/20 vision after LASIK or cataract surgery at Commonwealth Eye Surgery.
Dr. Jason Glenn & Associates
161 Lexington Green Cir, Lexington, KY 40503
Patients generally rate this eye care center highly, commending Dr. Glenn for his patient and thorough exams. The staff receives consistent praise for their courtesy and professionalism. However, one review raised valid concerns about overcrowding and sanitization during the pandemic.
- Dr. Glenn and his staff are highly professional, knowledgeable, and courteous, providing exceptional service during eye exams.
- The eye exams are thorough and take time to address any concerns or questions, ensuring the quality of the prescription for patients' eyes.
- The staff is compassionate and works well with difficult children during eye exams, making the experience easier for both the child and their parents.
Central Kentucky Eyecare
3221 Summit Square Pl Suite 200, Lexington, KY 40509
Customers highly recommend this friendly, professional eye care center and Dr. Lambirth’s knowledgeable, efficient staff. Patients cite short wait times, thorough exams with advanced equipment, in-house glasses, and free contact lens shipping. Dr. Lambirth earns praise for his expertise and kindness to all ages.
- Friendly and thorough eye exams
- Great atmosphere and professional staff
- Knowledgeable and patient with both adults and children
- Comprehensive and up-to-date examination equipment
- Quick and efficient appointments with minimal wait times
- In-house glasses production with free shipping for contacts
- Meticulous and attentive care for patients with strong prescriptions
- Small locally-owned practice focused on patient satisfaction
- Accommodating and helpful staff
- Leading-edge technology for optimizing eye care procedures
- Fun and personable doctor who takes his time to explain everything
535 Wellington Way STE 160, Lexington, KY 40503
Stratton Eyes receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly staff and attentive eye doctors. One reviewer did not feel their exam was thorough, but another had an accurate diagnosis from a different doctor. Despite some concerns, customers generally recommend Stratton Eyes.
- Knowledgeable and Thorough Doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center, such as Dr. Davidson, Dr. Ko, and Dr. Stratton, are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to answer questions and explain the condition of the patients' eyes.
- Friendly and Accommodating Staff: Numerous reviews highlight the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at the eye care center. The reception staff, glasses fitting specialists, and other employees are described as courteous, accommodating, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure a positive experience.
- Streamlined and Sanitized Environment: Several reviews mention that the office is well-maintained, clean, and adheres to proper sanitization protocols, including the sanitization of frames. Patients appreciate the attention to cleanliness, which is especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eyes on Lex
2465B Nicholasville Rd, Lexington, KY 40503
Eyes on Lex is highly recommended for eye exams and care, with positive reviews citing Dr. Callihan’s expertise, clear communication, and thorough exams. The welcoming, kind staff also receive accolades. Patients report great experiences at this highly rated eye care office.
- Exceptional and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised Dr. Callihan for taking the time to educate them about their eye problems and for providing thorough explanations during the exam.
- Welcoming and kind staff: Numerous reviewers mentioned that the staff at Eyes on Lex were polite, kind, and professional. They felt comfortable and welcomed throughout their visit.
- Trustworthy and caring optometrist: Several reviewers expressed their trust in Dr. Callihan and mentioned that they followed her when she moved locations because they trusted her expertise and did not want to go anywhere else for their eye care needs.
Dr. Lance S. Ferguson, MD
2353 Alexandria Dr # Suite 325, Lexington, KY 40504
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for its friendly staff, personalized care, and clear pre/post-op instructions. While some patients experienced longer wait times, most reviewers enthusiastically recommend the facility due to the quality care and improved vision they received.
- The staff at Commonwealth Eye Center is consistently described as friendly, efficient, and helpful, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- The doctors, particularly Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Patel, are highly praised for their exceptional care, personalized attention, and expertise in eye surgeries. Patients report improved vision and express excitement about the results of their procedures.
- The facility and overall process are described as well-organized, efficient, and smooth, with informative presentations and clear explanations of the procedures and post-operative care.
John G. Roche Opticians
710 E Main St #120, Lexington, KY 40502
John Roche Opticians provides an outstanding customer experience. Customers appreciate the opticians’ expertise in frame selection and vision care. The stylish, high-end frame collection offers unique options. Staff goes above and beyond to ensure prescription accuracy and frame fit. Customers consistently compliment the friendly service and recommend John Roche Opticians.
- Vast knowledge and commitment to customer satisfaction from the entire team, including John Roche and his son Francis.
- Great selection of stylish and unique frames, suited for different prescriptions and face shapes.
500 W New Cir Rd, Lexington, KY 40511
The EyeMax eye care center is known for professional, efficient, and thorough eye exams. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable, and able to minimize wait times. Some concerns exist around insurance claim issues and occasional long waits. Still, most patients recommend EyeMax for quality care.
- The employees and doctor at EyeMax were very professional and efficient, providing thorough and informative eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, efficient, and polite, offering a welcoming and clean environment for eye care appointments.
- The office offers a reminder system and quick, thorough exams, along with a convenient store next door for obtaining glasses and contacts.
Simpson Optical – Governors Lane
989 Governors Ln, Lexington, KY 40513
Patients praise the exceptional customer service, thorough eye exams, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and doctors like Drs. Chang, Simpson, Frank, and Meyer at this eye care center. They appreciate the professional, helpful, attentive staff, clean and welcoming clinic environment, and wide selection of glasses and contacts.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrists: Multiple reviews mention that the optometrists at this eye care center, such as Dr. Sarah Chang and Dr. Joy Simpson, are highly skilled and provide comprehensive eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff at this eye care center. They mention employees like Tara, Thomas, and Michele going out of their way to provide excellent customer service.
- State-of-the-art technology: One reviewer mentioned that the eye care center uses state-of-the-art procedures and technology, such as advanced imaging techniques, to provide a detailed view of the eyes without the need for dilation. This can provide a more comfortable experience for patients.
Fayette Eye Care & Dry Eye Spa
3301 Nicholasville Rd, Lexington, KY 40503
Dr. Turpin and staff received glowing reviews for their thorough exams and attentive explanations. Patients enjoyed the clinic’s welcoming atmosphere. Some complaints arose regarding administrative issues and aggressive upselling of additional services. However, most reviewers were pleased overall and would recommend this eye care center.
- The doctors, specifically Dr. Turpin, take the time to explain everything in detail and answer all questions. They provide thorough and comprehensive eye exams.
- The staff, including Sheila in the lens center, are friendly, professional, and personable, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- The eye care center is praised for being thorough, using state-of-the-art equipment, and identifying issues that other optometrists may have missed. They provide personalized care and recommendations beyond just the eye exam.
715 Shaker Dr STE 113, Lexington, KY 40504
Peck Opticians is highly recommended for their exceptional eye care services, knowledge and ability to handle complex prescriptions. Customers consistently praise Priscilla and Diane for their professional, attentive service. Quick turnaround on glasses and custom lenses are also appreciated.
- Very professional and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent care and clinical advice.
- Offers personalized service and treats clients like personal friends, making them feel valued and important.
- Highly skilled and trained in working with complex prescriptions, ensuring accurate lenses the first time.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kentucky
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.63% of people aged 40-64 in Kentucky had blindness or difficulty seeing, while 10.5% of people aged 65+ had the same issue. in Kentucky, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kentucky
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kentucky.
- The In Kentucky in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was more than twice as high for those with diabetes (14.5%) compared to the overall population (7.15%), indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Kentucky in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.39%) compared to the overall population (7.15%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.24%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kentucky
- In Kentucky, 7.15% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kentucky
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.51% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.63% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kentucky face even higher rates at 10.5%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kentucky
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kentucky.
- 14.5% of those with diabetes and 9.39% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kentucky
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.77% of children in Kentucky having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.82% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kentucky
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.15% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kentucky.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.