Best LASIK Surgeon In Olathe, KS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Olathe LASIK Surgeons in Olathe, Olathe, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Olathe reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Olathe.
Discover Vision Centers in Leawood, Kansas
11500 Granada Ln #200, Leawood, KS 66211
The lasik center is highly regarded for their skilled surgeons who thoroughly explain procedures and answer questions, instilling confidence and understanding in patients. Patients appreciate the personable, friendly staff and their professionalism in creating a positive experience. Efficient service and minimal wait times enable smooth, well-organized visits.
- Excellent time management: Multiple reviews mention that the appointments were right on time, indicating that the practice values promptness and efficiency.
- Personable and knowledgeable surgeons: Patients appreciate the friendly and professional demeanor of the surgeons, as well as their willingness to thoroughly explain procedures and answer questions.
- High-quality results: Many patients report positive outcomes from their lasik surgeries, with improved vision and satisfaction with the care received from the staff and doctors.
11401 Nall Ave Suite 200, Leawood, KS 66211
Patients report high satisfaction with this lasik surgeon’s professional and friendly staff. They felt comfortable during consultations and procedures. Many describe the surgery as quick and painless, with some achieving 20/15 vision or better. Overall, strong recommendations from satisfied patients.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the professional and friendly nature of the staff at this lasik surgeon practice. They made patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers highlight the quick and painless nature of the lasik procedure. It only took around 10 minutes and patients didn't feel any discomfort. The recovery time also seems to be relatively fast.
- Great results: Numerous reviews mention excellent results, with many patients achieving better than 20/20 vision. Some reviewers even reported 20/15 vision, which exceeded their expectations. Many express gratitude for the life-changing impact the procedure has had on their vision.
8300 College Blvd #201, Overland Park, KS 66210
Durrie Vision patients report high satisfaction with procedures and outcomes, appreciating the helpful and professional staff. Patients mention quick, relatively painless procedures, improved vision, and recommend Durrie Vision. However, a few patients experienced complications and vision decline after surgery.
- Multiple options and thorough information provided during checkup to help choose the appropriate procedure for vision correction.
- Highly skilled and professional surgeon and team, with a strong reputation and international recognition for eye care.
- Quick, painless procedure with minimal discomfort and fast recovery, resulting in clear vision and life-changing outcomes.
Grin Eye Care
13400 Briar St Ste C, Leawood, KS 66209
The practice is known for its professional, compassionate, and attentive staff. Patients recommend the knowledgeable, thorough doctors. Appointments are efficient and timely in the office’s friendly, supportive atmosphere. The practice provides excellent customer service, personalized care, and commitment to eye health.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the professionalism and knowledge of the staff at this lasik surgeon practice. They appreciate the time and attention given by the doctors, and feel comfortable and supported throughout their visits.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Many reviewers highlight the promptness and efficiency of their appointments. They appreciate that the practice runs on time and that they don't have to wait for extended periods like they have experienced at other places.
- High quality care: Patients have expressed their trust and confidence in the doctors at this practice. They describe receiving thorough and comprehensive eye care, with doctors who take the time to listen to their concerns and explain procedures and treatments. They feel well-cared for and appreciate the expertise and professionalism of the physicians.
Sharper Vision Eye Center: Aaron Florkowski, MD
21620 Midland Dr, Shawnee, KS 66218
Dr. Florkowski provides attentive care and clear communication throughout the LASIK process at Sharper Vision, where patients praise the thorough and personalized approach. His friendly, caring staff earns high marks for ensuring a positive experience. Many appreciate the accessible pricing and payment plans. Patients recommend Dr. Florkowski and his practice for their expertise and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Thorough information and opportunity for questions: The lasik surgeon and staff provided thorough information on the LASIK process and offered plenty of opportunities to ask questions, both at the pre-op consultation and the day of surgery.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the practice were friendly, helpful, and professional. They provided efficient and competent care, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results and care: Many reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the care they received from Dr. Florkowski and his staff. They mentioned positive outcomes from cataract surgery and LASIK procedures, as well as thorough examinations and attention to detail. The practice was described as professional, knowledgeable, and caring.
Cavanaugh Eye Center: Timothy B. Cavanaugh, MD
6200 W 135th St Suite 300, Overland Park, KS 66223
Patients consistently commend Dr. Cavanaugh and his team at Cavanaugh Eye Center for their professionalism, expertise, and compassion. The knowledgeable staff provides an organized, convenient experience. Patients admire the comprehensive consultations and successful surgical outcomes like LASIK, lens replacements, and cornea transplants. Patients strongly endorse Cavanaugh Eye Center for exceptional eye care.
- Dr. Cavanaugh and his team are highly knowledgeable, professional, and skilled.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and organized, ensuring a positive patient experience.
- Patients trust Dr. Cavanaugh with their eye care and have been returning to him for many years, speaking to his expertise and the quality of his treatments.
Cavanaugh Eye Center
6200 W 135th St Suite 300, Overland Park, KS 66223
Most patients are satisfied with the friendly, professional staff and skilled surgeons at this lasik practice. They feel well cared for through procedures like cataract surgery and lens replacements. Though some have experienced issues with wait times or communication, these appear to be isolated incidents.
- Knowledgeable and skilled surgeons: Dr. Cavanaugh and Dr. Beatty are highly knowledgeable and skilled surgeons in the field of Ophthalmology, with years of experience. They have performed successful surgeries and have been praised for their expertise.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at Cavanaugh Eye Center is described as friendly, professional, and dedicated to providing the best care possible. They create a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Excellent patient care: Many reviews mention the thoroughness and attentiveness of the doctors and staff at Cavanaugh Eye Center. They take the time to answer questions, address concerns, and ensure that each patient receives personalized care. Patients feel well taken care of and highly recommend the practice.
Silverstein Eye Centers
4240 Blue Ridge Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64133
Patients express satisfaction with Dr. Silverstein’s professionalism, informative staff, and quality care. Staff member Dorinka receives high praise. Patients are pleased with surgical outcomes and the supportive environment. Reviews also note the clean facilities and beverage service.
- The staff is friendly and professional, providing a positive experience for patients.
- Dr. Silverstein and his team are caring and take the time to answer all questions, ensuring patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
- The lasik procedure performed by Dr. Silverstein is effective and provides excellent results, with many patients reporting improved eyesight and satisfaction with the surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.