Best Eye Doctors In Overland Park, KS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Overland Park Optometrists in Overland Park, Overland Park, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Overland Park reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Overland Park.
Kansas City Eye Clinic
7504 Antioch Rd, Overland Park, KS 66204
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for thorough, professional eye exams. Patients describe the doctors and staff as friendly, helpful experts. A few negative reviews cite scheduling problems and delayed glasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned the friendly and helpful nature of the doctors and staff at the eye care center. They felt comfortable and valued throughout their visits.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing comprehensive and detailed eye exams. They appreciated that the doctors took their time to explain the procedures and results, ensuring that they understood their eye health.
- Convenient scheduling and minimal wait times: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye care center had efficient scheduling and minimal wait times. They appreciated that appointments were easy to make and that they were seen promptly, avoiding long waiting periods.
Drs Hawks, Besler, Rogers & Stoppel
5703 W 95th St, Overland Park, KS 66207
This eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback. Patients commend the doctors for their expertise, attentiveness, and professionalism during exams. The staff is praised as courteous and helpful. The office offers advanced equipment and a wide selection of glasses. While a couple reviews cited appointment availability issues and one rude receptionist, most recommend this clinic for its exceptional eye care.
- Excellent and professional eye care: The doctors at this eye care center are highly skilled and provide wonderful and professional eye care. They are thorough in their examinations and address any issues that arise outside of annual exams promptly.
- Great with kids: The eye care center is highly recommended for families with children. They are praised for being great with kids during exams and taking extra care to explain everything to both children and parents. They also have advanced equipment in their office.
- Friendly and efficient service: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, caring, and professional. The reception staff is warm and courteous, and there is minimal waiting time. The process of scheduling appointments, ordering contacts, and choosing glasses is convenient and hassle-free.
Hunter Family Vision
4109 W 83rd St, Prairie Village, KS 66208
Hunter Family Vision receives consistently positive reviews for their eye care services. Patients describe Dr. Swan as patient, thorough and informative during exams. The office staff is praised as friendly, professional and helpful with appointment scheduling. The office itself is clean and comfortable. Patients feel the doctors are knowledgeable, compassionate and provide excellent care.
- Dr. Swan and her staff are patient, friendly, and explain everything during the eye exam, making it a great experience for both kids and adults.
- The office is new, clean, and comfortable, and the entire staff is super friendly and helpful.
- Dr. Swan is thorough, knowledgeable, and efficient, providing top-tier level care and attention to patients.
6120 Johnson Dr, Mission, KS 66202
Mission Eyecare customers commend Dr. Pingel and staff for professional, knowledgeable, and friendly service in a modern, clean office. While one customer cited issues with overcharging and frame selection help, the preponderance of positive feedback indicates satisfied customers who plan to return.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable optometrist: Multiple reviews praise Dr. Pingel and his staff for their expertise and ability to diagnose and treat eye conditions, such as a detached retina.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the eye care center, with staff members who take the time to explain each step of the eye exam and make patients feel comfortable.
- Convenient and efficient service: Patients appreciate the convenience of being able to schedule last-minute appointments and the quickness of the eye exams, with some mentioning being in and out within an hour.
Eye Associates of Prairie Village
7632 State Line Rd, Prairie Village, KS 66208
The reviews praise the eye care center’s polite, professional staff and skilled, thorough eye doctors, especially Drs. Mueller and Nguyen. Customers describe the office as clean and sanitized, and commend the staff’s help with glasses and insurance. Some negatives include pricing and contact lens availability, but overall customers highly recommend the center for exams and glasses.
- Polite and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned the polite and professional demeanor of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and valued during their eye exams and interactions with the team.
- Thorough and skilled eye exams: Multiple reviews praised the optometrists, specifically mentioning Dr. Muiller and Dr. Nguyen, for their thoroughness and skill in conducting eye exams. Patients appreciated the detailed explanations and personalized care they received during the exams.
- Helpful and friendly frame selection assistance: Several reviewers highlighted the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff members who assisted them in selecting glasses frames. These staff members were knowledgeable in helping patients find frames that fit their faces well and met their preferences.
CustomEyes – Mission
5820 Lamar Ave, Mission, KS 66202
Brill Eye Center patients appreciate the expertise and friendliness of Drs. Brill and Dakin. Optician Walter was praised for aiding in eyewear selection. While some patients mentioned long waits, high prices, and occasional rude staff, overall Brill Eye Center is regarded as thorough, modern, and attentive.
- Knowledgeable and friendly optometrists: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the optometrists at Brill Eye Center were knowledgeable and friendly, making them feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Excellent service for both adults and children: One reviewer mentioned that Dr. Brill provided an amazing experience for their children during their eye exams, explaining their prescriptions and showing them how their eyes work. This indicates that Brill Eye Center is great for both adults and children seeking eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviewers praised the staff at Brill Eye Center, mentioning that they were friendly, patient, and helpful throughout their visits. This speaks to the overall positive customer service experience at this eye care center.
11121 W 95th St, Overland Park, KS 66214
The eye care center received largely positive feedback. Patients described the staff as friendly, welcoming, and patient. Drs. Bittan and McLaughlin stood out for their professionalism, expertise, and skill in putting patients at ease during exams. Wait times were minimal and exams efficient.
- Friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors who take the time to answer questions and explain assessments and results.
- Efficient and quick appointments, with minimal wait times and a streamlined exam process.
Focal Point Eye Care
7510 Floyd St, Overland Park, KS 66204
Focal Point Eye Care receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff, thorough eye exams, and excellent customer service. Specific praise went to Dr. Blood-White’s diagnostic expertise. However, a couple reviews cited issues with insurance acceptance and rude staff. Overall, Focal Point is highly recommended for top-quality eye care.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide excellent care during eye exams.
- The optometrist, Dr. Blood-White, is thorough and caring, and has discovered eye conditions in patients.
- The staff is helpful and communicative, providing personalized service and assisting with frame selection.
Heart of America Eye Care Shawnee Mission
8800 W 75th St #140, Shawnee, KS 66204
Heart of America Eye Care patients appreciate Dr. Chang’s warm bedside manner and dedication to finding optimal solutions. The friendly, welcoming staff helps set patients at ease and keeps exams running smoothly. Professional, informative eye care in a supportive environment.
- Convenient location: The office is located on the first floor and has recently been renovated. It is easily accessible with close and relatively open parking.
- Comprehensive eye care: The eye care center offers a range of services, from eye exams to lasik. They also take most vision plans and have competitive prices for contacts comparable to Costco.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff, including the front desk and optical technicians, are friendly, welcoming, and polite. The doctors are also praised for their professionalism and thoroughness during the eye exams.
Focus Eye Care LLC
6930 W 105th St, Overland Park, KS 66212
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for the expertise, attentiveness, and thorough exams provided by the friendly doctors and staff. Patients feel well cared for through comprehensive eye exams and personalized, comfortable experiences. However, one customer was surprised by an extra fee for retinal imaging at checkout.
- Doctors are thorough and provide detailed explanations of eye conditions and treatments
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and provide excellent customer service
- Convenient and easy to make appointments, with minimal wait times for eye exams
Insight Vision Center
9009 Roe Ave, Prairie Village, KS 66207
Customers describe the staff as professional and friendly. The eye doctors come across as knowledgeable and personable. The office itself is organized, efficient, and accommodating, with a conveniently located facility. Overall, customers strongly recommend this eye care center for eye exams and eyewear.
- Professional staff and friendly service: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, as well as the professional and thorough care provided by the doctors.
- Convenient and efficient: The eye care center receives praise for being on time and offering evening appointments, accommodating those with busy work schedules. Additionally, several reviews mention the quick and efficient nature of the eye exams and visits.
Noyce Family Eye Care
8801 W 95th St, Overland Park, KS 66212
Noyce Family Eye Care receives glowing reviews for their friendly, helpful staff and Dr. Noyce’s attentive and thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate the time taken to find optimal frames and answer all questions. This practice comes highly recommended for comprehensive eye care and eyewear services.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and professional staff, including customer service associates and doctors. They felt welcomed and comfortable, and appreciated the staff's patience and willingness to answer questions.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praised the eye exams at Noyce Family Eye Care, describing them as the most comprehensive, complete, and thorough they've ever had. They appreciated the time taken by the doctors to address their individual eye problems and concerns.
- Assistance with frame selection and insurance: Reviewers appreciated the assistance they received in selecting frames and navigating insurance processes. They felt well-informed and supported in choosing the right frames, and found the staff to be helpful and patient in explaining insurance coverage.
Eye Associates of North Overland Park
8925 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
Patients appreciate Dr. Diggs’ knowledgeable, thorough, and professional approach to eye exams. The front office staff arehighlighted for their helpfulness in scheduling appointments with ease. Reviews describe visits as efficient, comfortable and enjoyable thanks to positive interactions with friendly staff.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Diggs, are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to explain everything to patients. This indicates that patients can expect a high level of expertise and personalized care during their eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center consistently receive praise for being friendly, professional, and attentive. They are described as being helpful in various aspects of the visit, from scheduling appointments to assisting with frame selection. This suggests that patients can expect a positive and supportive experience throughout their visit.
- Efficient and timely service: Several reviewers mention that they were able to schedule appointments quickly and were not subjected to long wait times. This highlights the efficient and timely service provided by the eye care center, making it convenient for patients who are seeking prompt and convenient eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Kansas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Kansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kansas.
- The In Kansas in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 10 compared to the overall percentage of 3.82, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 2.5 times. and In Kansas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.48%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (3.82%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.66%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kansas
- In Kansas, 3.82% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.06% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.26% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kansas face even higher rates at 6.19%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kansas.
- 10% of those with diabetes and 6.48% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.41% of children in Kansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.73% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.82% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.