Best Eye Doctors In Olathe, KS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Olathe Optometrists in Olathe, Olathe, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Olathe reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Olathe.
Eye Associates of Olathe
15257 W 135th St, Olathe, KS 66062
Eye Associates of Olathe provides professional, friendly service with knowledgeable staff. Customers appreciate the efficient exams and personalized attention from experienced optometrists like Dr. Davis and Dr. Bartimus, who clearly explain results. This highly recommended eye care center offers excellent service and quality eyewear options.
- The staff at this eye care center is praised for being quick, fun, and professional, providing a positive experience for customers.
- The team goes above and beyond to assist with insurance benefits and frames selection, ensuring that customers receive the best possible care and options.
- Customers appreciate the knowledgeable and friendly optometrists who take the time to answer questions and explain the results of eye exams. The staff also takes the time to help customers find the right frames and make personalized recommendations.
Discover Vision Eye Care Center in Olathe, KS
15710 W 135th St STE 100, Olathe, KS 66062
Discover Vision Eye Care receives mostly positive feedback for friendly, professional staff, comprehensive exams, and knowledgeable doctors. Drs. Johnson and Amsterdam are complimented for expertise and addressing patient questions. A few critiques mention longer wait times, less friendly front desk staff, and insurance issues.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews praise the staff, including Dr. Johnson, for being personable, fun, friendly, and professional during eye exams and interactions.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and informative. Doctors take their time to address concerns, answer questions, and provide detailed explanations about the exam process and results.
Ridgeview Eye Care – Olathe
18208 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66061
Ridgeview Eye Care customers applaud their cutting-edge technology, skilled employees, and exceptional service. Specific praise went to Sarah and Brayden’s attentiveness and Dr. Dennis’s meticulous exams. A couple of critiques mentioned payment, customer service delays, and slow glasses/contacts receipt. Despite this, numerous satisfied customers highly recommend Ridgeview and are thankful for the care received.
- State-of-the-art testing equipment
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
- Positive and friendly customer service experience
Grin Eye Care
21020 W 151st St, Olathe, KS 66061
Patients appreciate the professional, thorough, and kind doctors and staff at this eye care center. Appointments are prompt, and staff provide personal, courteous care. Doctors take time to explain conditions and treatments in a clean, calming office.
- Top-notch doctors and technicians: Many reviewers praised the doctors and technicians at this eye care center, stating that they were professional, thorough, and knowledgeable in their examinations.
- Personalized care and attention: Several reviewers mentioned that they received personalized care and attention during their visits, with the doctors taking the time to answer their questions and address their concerns.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Multiple reviewers commented on the efficiency and timeliness of their appointments, stating that they were seen promptly and did not experience long wait times.
Midland Eye Care
15345 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062
This eye care center receives positive feedback for timely, informative eye exams. Multiple reviewers describe the professional, knowledgeable staff as friendly. One specifically compliments Dr. Renner’s personable, helpful manner. The center comes highly recommended for thorough exams and accommodating service.
- Timely and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that their eye exams were done in a timely manner, indicating that Midland Eye Care values the patient's time and ensures a smooth and efficient process.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently highlight the professionalism and knowledge of the staff, from the front desk to the eye exam. Patients feel well-informed and confident in the expertise of the team.
- Excellent and thorough examinations: The eye care center is praised for providing thorough examinations, where doctors take the time to address all concerns, answer questions, and provide detailed explanations. Patients appreciate the personalized care and attention they receive.
Olathe Eye Care
16124 W 135th St, Olathe, KS 66062
Olathe Eye Care patients consistently describe the staff as friendly and knowledgeable. Dr. Paul Brinckman provides thorough exams and personalized care, taking time to explain eye health and treatment options. The clinic offers advanced equipment. Multiple reviews praise Dr. Brinckman’s exceptional service and successful cataract surgeries, which improve patients’ vision and quality of life.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the front desk staff being great at their jobs and providing excellent customer service.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers praise Dr. Brinkman for his thoroughness and knowledge in conducting eye exams. They appreciate the time he takes to explain and discuss their eye health and treatment options.
- State-of-the-art equipment and advanced treatments: Several reviewers mention the availability of state-of-the-art equipment at the clinic, such as eye xrays, which enhances the quality of the exams and treatments provided. Additionally, the clinic offers advanced treatments like cataract surgeries and options for correcting astigmatism.
My Eye Care
15206 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062
The eye care center is lauded for its expedient service and meticulous eye exams. Patients commend the staff for their helpfulness and expertise. Appreciation extends to the reasonable pricing and the doctors’ astute attention to detail. This caring, knowledgeable team fosters an amicable environment suited to thorough ophthalmologic care.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this center were quick but still comprehensive, ensuring that they received the right prescription and proper eye care.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciated the professionalism and expertise of the staff, including the optometrists. They felt that the doctors took the time to answer their questions, explain things clearly, and suggest the most suitable options for their needs, including specialty lenses and cost-effective contact lens brands.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers praised the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this center. They felt that the optometrists paid full attention to their eye health, ensuring that their vision was corrected effectively. Several reviewers mentioned significant improvements in their vision after the exams.
Eye Associates of South Olathe
16021 S Bradley Dr, Olathe, KS 66062
Customers consistently describe the staff at Eye Associates of South Olathe, including Dr. Andrea Buchbaum, as thorough, personable, and professional. Patients feel well-cared for during exams and are impressed by the staff’s expertise in selecting frames and lenses. This exceptional patient care makes the clinic a trusted local source for eye health services and eyewear.
- The staff at this eye care center is highly praised for their exceptional service and professionalism. Customers mentioned that they received thorough and personable care from Dr. Buchbaum, making them feel comfortable and at ease during their eye exams.
- The eye care center offers full-service care, including retinal surgery referrals, which demonstrates their commitment to addressing all aspects of eye health. Customers appreciated the immediate attention given to their concerns and the expertise provided in making appropriate recommendations for further treatment.
- The front desk staff and opticians are knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Customers mentioned that they were guided through the process of choosing frames and were able to walk out with their eyeglasses on the same day as their eye exams. The staff also went above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction and provided assistance in finding the perfect frames for their specific needs.
Insight Vision Center
11114 S Lone Elm Rd, Olathe, KS 66061
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its friendly and thorough optometrists who accurately identify vision needs. Patients describe the front office staff as pleasant, helpful, and attentive. Knowledgeable and kind staff provide great customer service without being pushy.
- Dr. Neal Troyer provides thorough and accurate eye exams, ensuring clear vision and finding the best prescription for each individual.
- The front office staff is pleasant, helpful, and ensures that patients' needs are met.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and listens to patients' concerns, providing a personalized and attentive experience during the eye exam.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Kansas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Kansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kansas.
- The In Kansas in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 10 compared to the overall percentage of 3.82, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 2.5 times. and In Kansas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.48%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (3.82%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.66%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kansas
- In Kansas, 3.82% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.06% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.26% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kansas face even higher rates at 6.19%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kansas.
- 10% of those with diabetes and 6.48% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.41% of children in Kansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.73% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.82% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.