Best LASIK Surgeon In Fort Wayne, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fort Wayne LASIK Surgeons in Fort Wayne, Fort Wayne, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fort Wayne reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Fort Wayne.
8930 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Patients consistently report an excellent experience at this lasik surgeon's office, describing knowledgeable and reassuring staff who thoroughly address all questions and concerns. Patients say the procedure is quick with immediate, noticeable results. Ongoing care and life-changing impacts also receive praise. Many who previously hesitated now enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Highly professional and supportive staff who make patients feel at ease throughout the entire process from consultation to surgery and follow-up.
- Quick and painless procedure with clear and immediate results, which has been life-changing for many patients.
- Thorough and informative consultations, including pre-op evaluations and post-op care, with detailed explanations of the procedure, potential side effects, and complications.
Price Vision Group
9002 N Meridian St #100, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Price Vision Group receives outstanding patient reviews for their advanced laser eye surgery and exceptional doctor-patient care. Patients describe the staff as friendly, professional, and attentive in explaining procedures. The doctors take a compassionate approach and achieve excellent surgical outcomes, even improving unrelated conditions like dry eyes.
- Highly skilled in state-of-the-art procedures
- Thorough and patient in answering questions
- Professional, caring, and knowledgeable staff
6470 Centerville Business Pkwy, Centerville, OH 45459
Patients reported excellent experiences at LasikPlus, describing knowledgeable, friendly staff who thoroughly explained the procedure. Many were impressed by the quick, pain-free surgery and some achieved 20/20 vision immediately. Patients appreciated the clean, award-winning clinic and anxiety-easing care. Many wished they had undergone surgery sooner, with some referred by satisfied friends.
- Quick procedure with little to no pain and discomfort
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who ease patients' anxieties
- High success rate with most patients achieving 20/20 vision within a day or two after surgery.
The LASIK Vision Institute
11595 N Meridian St Suite 175, Carmel, IN 46032
The Lasik Vision Institute is highly recommended by patients for its professional, kind staff and surgeons who make the quick procedure comfortable. Most patients rapidly achieve 20/20 vision or better and are thrilled with the life-changing results.
- Quick and easy procedure with excellent results - many reviewers expressed satisfaction with their LASIK surgery and experienced improved vision within a short amount of time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - multiple reviews mentioned the kind and accommodating staff, with some mentioning specific staff members by name.
- Affordable pricing and various appointment options - reviewers appreciated the fair pricing and availability of appointments, with some even being able to get their surgery done on the same day as their consultation.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
5875 Castle Crk Pkwy Dr N Suite 136, Indianapolis, IN 46250
TLC Laser Eye Centers' patients found the Lasik experience stress-free and satisfying. Knowledgeable, friendly staff answered all questions and provided thorough care. The quick, painless surgery produced good results, with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision. Patients felt well cared for through the full process, from consultation to follow-up, and recommend TLC Laser Eye Centers.
- Highly knowledgeable and friendly staff
- Smooth and painless procedure
- Excellent results with many patients reporting 20/20 vision or better
Elite LASIK & Cataract
8500 Keystone Crossing Suite 150, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Elite Lasik patients report excellent experiences, describing knowledgeable and professional staff who explain each step thoroughly. Most reviewers achieved the desired vision correction, eliminating the need for glasses or contacts. The procedure itself is depicted as smooth and easy. With its outstanding patient satisfaction, Elite Lasik merits strong consideration for those seeking vision correction.
- Friendly and professional staff, who provide exceptional customer service and care for patients before, during, and after the procedure.
- State-of-the-art technology and knowledgeable doctors that result in successful procedures and improved vision.
- Positive and life-altering experiences for patients who are now able to see clearly without glasses or contacts, and who received thorough explanations and guidance throughout the process.
Deen-Gross Eye Centers
303 W 89th Ave # E4, Merrillville, IN 46410
Dr. Gross receives consistently positive feedback for his surgical skill, bedside manner, and staff's accommodation of disabilities. A few note longer wait times but most praise his life-changing procedures, thorough communication, and organized, busy office. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Gross and Deen-Gross Eye Centers.
- Dr. Gross and Dr. Nelson are highly regarded physicians, and demonstrated expertise in ophthalmology procedures such as LASIK, cataract surgery, and stent insertion.
- The staff are highly professional and friendly, with several reviews even highlighting particular staff members' excellent customer service skills, such as Sandra and Beverly.
- Patients have consistently reported better visual outcomes since being treated by the physicians at Deen-Gross Eye Centers.
Indiana LASIK Centers
2510 E Dupont Rd #124, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
The Indiana LASIK Center received largely positive feedback from patients regarding the staff, doctors, procedures, and facilities. Patients described regaining perfect or better vision shortly after surgery without complications. The LASIK procedure was depicted as quick, painless, and a worthwhile investment.
- Patients who underwent the surgery are delighted with the results and achieved 20/20 vision soon after it.
- The doctors and support staff are professional, helpful, friendly, and informative, creating a welcoming environment for patients.
- They offer an efficient, well-organized, and pain-free procedure, with precise post-op instructions and effective numbing drops in case of discomfort, resulting in quick recovery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.