Best LASIK Surgeon In Chicago, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 193 LASIK Surgeons in Chicago, IL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 12377 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Chicago.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK
145 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60610
Patients rave about their experiences at SharpeVision Modern Lasik. They report that the facility is clean and modern, the staff is friendly and professional, and the procedures are quick and efficient. Many patients are thrilled with their improved vision, with some even achieving better than 20/20 vision. Overall, patients highly recommend SharpeVision Modern Lasik for anyone considering refractive correction.
- Highly advanced technology and well-trained staff for seamless and efficient treatment.
- Exceptional patient care and post-operative support.
- Quick, painless, and life-changing procedure with outstanding results, including better than 20/20 vision.
3021 Butterfield Rd STE 200, Oak Brook, IL 60523
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews with many recommending the practice without hesitation. Patients have reported quick and painless procedures resulting in excellent vision, within the same day, with great customer service, reassuring and helpful doctors, and a friendly and accommodating staff. A few negative reviews highlight issues with scheduling and concerns with staff attitudes.
- Highly skilled and professional doctors and staff who make patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- Quick and painless procedure with fantastic results - 20/20 vision achieved by many patients.
- Clear and informative step-by-step rundown of the procedure and recovery process, with staff available to answer any questions and provide support throughout the process.
939 W North Ave # 220, Chicago, IL 60642
The LasikPlus practice received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with patients praising the friendliness and professionalism of staff, as well as the painless and quick surgical procedure. Patients also noted their successful vision improvements, with some achieving 20/15 vision within a day or two of the surgery. However, a few negative reviews mentioned issues with communication or waiting times. Overall, patients highly recommended LasikPlus for those considering LASIK surgery.
- Quick and painless surgery with efficient and knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Clear explanations of the process that ease potential anxieties with great follow-up care.
- Successful results with improved vision and life-changing outcomes that have led many to wholeheartedly recommend LasikPlus to others.
999 Plaza Dr Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Patients had a generally positive experience with the lasik surgeon practice. Many praised the knowledgeable and friendly staff, and the quick and easy procedure. Patients also appreciated the clear post-operative instructions and follow-up care provided. Some reviewers noted that they felt comfortable and reassured throughout the process and that the surgery changed their life. There were a few negative reviews about the corporate process of LasikPlus and concerns about misinformation resulting from a rushed initial consultation. However, the majority of reviewers highly recommend the practice to those looking for a lasik surgeon.
- The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.
- The procedure is quick and painless, with clear instructions and ample resources for aftercare.
- The doctors and staff are thorough in explaining the process and addressing any questions or concerns, resulting in a great experience and high satisfaction levels among patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2311 22nd St Ste 105, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Patients have had a positive experience with the lasik surgeon practice. The staff are friendly, helpful, and professional, and the procedure is quick and easy. Patients have had great results, with many experiencing 20/20 vision the day after the surgery. The surgeon and staff made the patients feel comfortable during the process and provided excellent follow-up care. Patients highly recommend the practice to anyone who is considering lasik surgery.
- Highly professional and friendly staff
- Quick and efficient procedure with excellent results
- Clear and thorough explanations of the procedure and aftercare instructions
TLC Laser Eye Centers
4 Westbrook Corporate Center Suite 111, Westchester, IL 60154
Customers rave about the TLC Eye Center's staff and Dr. Probst's expertise, with many saying the procedure was quick, easy, and painless. Many report perfect or 20/20 vision the day after surgery, with some even seeing 20/15. Customers appreciate the TLC Eye Center's professionalism, organization, and helpfulness, and several recommend the center to others.
- Professional and organized staff - patients consistently report experiencing a well-oiled machine with TLC Eye Center's staff and doctors that made them feel comfortable and well-guided throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure - many patients remarked about the surprisingly fast and virtually painless procedure that allowed them to see clearly immediately after the surgery.
- Outstanding results - patients experienced 20/20 or even 20/15 vision, which they found life-changing and well worth investing in, with many recommending TLC Eye Center and Dr. Probst specifically.
Franklin Eye Care- Eric Drey, OD, FAAO
111 S Franklin St, Chicago, IL 60606
Franklin Eye Care has a highly professional and knowledgeable team, led by Dr. Drey and assisted by Nate. They offer excellent customer service and a great selection of eyeglasses and contact lenses. They are known for their helpfulness in emergency situations, and they offer top-notch dry eye treatment with the Eye Luxe procedure.
- Professional and knowledgeable team.
- Convenient location and flexible scheduling.
- Excellent customer service, especially in emergencies with contact lenses.
Kirk Eye Center - River Forest Location
7427 Lake St, River Forest, IL 60305
The Kirk Eye Center has received numerous positive reviews from satisfied patients. Patients have praised the center's professional and caring staff, efficient service, and knowledgeable and skilled doctors. Patients have reported excellent outcomes from cataract and Lasik surgeries, with many expressing satisfaction with their improved vision, vibrant colors, and clear sight. The center has also received high praise for its thorough pre- and post-operative care, comfortable atmosphere, and exceptional customer service.
- The doctors and staff are professional, thorough, and caring.
- The surgical expertise is top-notch, resulting in improved vision and brightness.
- The pre- and post-operative care is excellent, with concise explanations of procedures and follow-up care.
SoLo Eye Care & Eyewear Gallery - University Village
1306 S Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60607
Patients consistently praise Dr. Toader and her staff at Marketplace Vision for their knowledgeable and personable service, professionalism, and exceptional care. Patients report that Dr. Toader thoroughly explains her findings and recommendations, as well as being patient and kind. Patients also highlight the friendly and helpful staff, ample selection of glasses, and overall great experience.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough doctors who take their time with patients and explain findings in detail
- Friendly and welcoming staff who provide exceptional customer service
- Wide range of glasses and eyewear options available, as well as assistance in selecting the perfect pair of glasses.
The LASIK Vision Institute
16335 S Harlem Ave Suite 200 Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477
The Lasik Vision Institute in Tinley Park has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff was described as professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and comforting. Patients reported feeling at ease during the procedure and had a quick recovery time. Many experienced better than 20/20 vision and recommended the practice to others. Overall, patients had a great experience and were delighted to have undergone the treatment.
- Friendly and Professional Staff - The staff is described as being friendly, knowledgeable, and professional throughout the process, from the consultation to the surgery day and post-op care.
- Quick and Painless Procedure - Many reviews mention that the procedure was quick and painless, with some reporting improved vision the next day.
- Highly Recommended - Patients highly recommend this Lasik surgeon practice to anyone considering vision correction. Many have even regretted waiting so long to get the procedure done and are very happy with their results.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article