Best LASIK Surgeon In Chicago, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Chicago LASIK Surgeons in Chicago, Chicago, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Chicago reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Chicago.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK
145 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60610
SharpeVision Modern Lasik patients describe a clean, modern facility with friendly, professional staff. Procedures are efficient. Many patients see improved vision, some to better than 20/20. Patients strongly recommend SharpeVision.
- Highly advanced technology and well-trained staff for seamless and efficient treatment.
- Exceptional patient care and post-operative support.
- Quick, painless, and life-changing procedure with outstanding results, including better than 20/20 vision.
3021 Butterfield Rd STE 200, Oak Brook, IL 60523
The lasik surgeon practice is highly recommended by most patients citing quick, painless procedures and excellent same-day vision results. Patients praise the practice’s customer service, helpful doctors, and friendly staff. However, some patients expressed frustrations with scheduling issues and staff attitudes.
- Highly skilled and professional doctors and staff who make patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- Quick and painless procedure with fantastic results - 20/20 vision achieved by many patients.
- Clear and informative step-by-step rundown of the procedure and recovery process, with staff available to answer any questions and provide support throughout the process.
939 W North Ave # 220, Chicago, IL 60642
Current Specials: Save $1000 * On LASIK
LasikPlus patients reported excellent experiences regarding staff professionalism, surgical comfort, and successful vision improvement. While a few pointed out communication issues or waiting times, most achieved 20/15 vision within days and strongly recommended the practice.
- Quick and painless surgery with efficient and knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Clear explanations of the process that ease potential anxieties with great follow-up care.
- Successful results with improved vision and life-changing outcomes that have led many to wholeheartedly recommend LasikPlus to others.
999 Plaza Dr Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Patients reported an overall positive experience with this lasik surgeon practice, citing knowledgeable and friendly staff, quick and easy procedures, clear post-op instructions, and reassuring care that changed lives. A few expressed concerns about rushed consultations and misinformation from the LasikPlus corporation, but most highly recommended this practice to prospective patients.
- The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.
- The procedure is quick and painless, with clear instructions and ample resources for aftercare.
- The doctors and staff are thorough in explaining the process and addressing any questions or concerns, resulting in a great experience and high satisfaction levels among patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2311 22nd St Ste 105, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Patients report a positive experience with this lasik surgery practice. The staff are described as friendly, helpful and professional. The procedure is depicted as quick and easy. Many patients see 20/20 vision the day after surgery. The surgeon and staff provide a comfortable, personalized experience with excellent follow-up care. Patients strongly recommend this practice to those considering lasik.
- Highly professional and friendly staff
- Quick and efficient procedure with excellent results
- Clear and thorough explanations of the procedure and aftercare instructions
TLC Laser Eye Centers
4 Westbrook Corporate Center Suite 111, Westchester, IL 60154
Current Specials: Take $1000* OFF LASIK
Customers describe Dr. Probst and the TLC Eye Center staff as highly skilled, with the procedure being quick and easy. Many patients achieve 20/20 vision or better the next day. The professionalism and helpfulness of the TLC Eye Center staff earn them high praise, leading many customers to recommend the center.
- Professional and organized staff - patients consistently report experiencing a well-oiled machine with TLC Eye Center's staff and doctors that made them feel comfortable and well-guided throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure - many patients remarked about the surprisingly fast and virtually painless procedure that allowed them to see clearly immediately after the surgery.
- Outstanding results - patients experienced 20/20 or even 20/15 vision, which they found life-changing and well worth investing in, with many recommending TLC Eye Center and Dr. Probst specifically.
Franklin Eye Care- Eric Drey, OD, FAAO
111 S Franklin St, Chicago, IL 60606
Franklin Eye Care provides experienced lasik surgery and eye care with Dr. Drey leading a professional team including Nate. Patients appreciate their attentive customer service, diverse eyewear selection, emergency responsiveness and advanced Eye Luxe procedure for dry eyes.
- Professional and knowledgeable team.
- Convenient location and flexible scheduling.
- Excellent customer service, especially in emergencies with contact lenses.
Kirk Eye Center – River Forest Location
7427 Lake St, River Forest, IL 60305
The Kirk Eye Center is highly regarded for its professional and caring staff, efficient service, and expert ophthalmologists. Patients report outstanding surgical outcomes including improved vision clarity, color vibrancy, and sharp sight. The center excels in pre- and post-operative care, providing a comfortable, customer-focused experience.
- The doctors and staff are professional, thorough, and caring.
- The surgical expertise is top-notch, resulting in improved vision and brightness.
- The pre- and post-operative care is excellent, with concise explanations of procedures and follow-up care.
SoLo Eye Care & Eyewear Gallery – University Village
1306 S Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60607
Dr. Toader provides exceptional care and thorough explanations at Marketplace Vision. Patients describe her as knowledgeable, personable, and patient. Her friendly staff offers professional service and ample eyewear selections, creating an overall outstanding experience.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough doctors who take their time with patients and explain findings in detail
- Friendly and welcoming staff who provide exceptional customer service
- Wide range of glasses and eyewear options available, as well as assistance in selecting the perfect pair of glasses.
The LASIK Vision Institute
16335 S Harlem Ave Suite 200 Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477
Current Specials: Save $1000* On LASIK
Patients at the Lasik Vision Institute’s Tinley Park location reported professional, friendly staff who put them at ease. Many experienced improved vision and fast recovery times. Overall, patients were pleased with their LASIK experience and vision outcomes.
- Friendly and Professional Staff - The staff is described as being friendly, knowledgeable, and professional throughout the process, from the consultation to the surgery day and post-op care.
- Quick and Painless Procedure - Many reviews mention that the procedure was quick and painless, with some reporting improved vision the next day.
- Highly Recommended - Patients highly recommend this Lasik surgeon practice to anyone considering vision correction. Many have even regretted waiting so long to get the procedure done and are very happy with their results.
Vision One Lasik Center
22 W Washington St #1500, Chicago, IL 60602
Patients commended the professionalism and efficiency of the staff at this lasik surgery practice. Many were delighted with their improved vision post-surgery, with most achieving 20/20 or better. The cost was deemed reasonable. Though most experiences were quick and painless, some patients noted mild post-op discomfort that was easily managed. Patients strongly recommend this practice overall.
- Professional and Friendly Staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at this lasik surgeon practice. This can provide patients with comfort and reassurance throughout the process.
- Affordable Pricing: Many reviewers highlight the cost efficiency of this lasik surgeon practice. They appreciate that the price is reasonable and not inflated, which adds to their trust in the practice.
- Quick and Painless Procedure: Several reviews emphasize the fast and painless nature of the lasik surgery. The procedure is described as quick, taking as little as 5 to 10 minutes, and pain-free. This can be a major positive for patients considering lasik surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.