Best LASIK Surgeon In Augusta, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 114 LASIK Surgeons in Augusta, GA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 15279 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Augusta.
200 Galleria Pkwy Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30339
Overall, the reviews for this lasik surgeon practice are very positive. Patients have praised the staff for being friendly, welcoming, and attentive. Many have had quick, painless procedures that have resulted in better than 20/20 vision. Patients have also appreciated the thoroughness and knowledge of the doctor. However, there have been some negative experiences, such as long wait times and post-operative pain, and some caution against potential side effects that the clinic may not disclose. Nonetheless, the majority of reviewers recommend this practice for those considering lasik surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure with successful outcomes
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff that make patients feel comfortable
- Dr. Smith is thorough and knowledgeable, and recommends the best procedure based on individual needs
3175 Satellite Blvd Bldg 600, Suite 175, Duluth, GA 30096
Patients have praised the lasik surgeon practice for its fast and easy procedure, friendly staff, and painless surgery. Many patients were thrilled with the quick and efficient process, the professionalism of the staff and surgeons. They highly recommend the practice, which gave patients amazing results and the ability to see without glasses.
- Quick and easy procedure.
- Friendly and accommodating staff.
- Fast and painless recovery.
Eye Guys - Eye Physicians & Surgeons of Augusta, PC
1330 Interstate Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909
Patients enjoy Eye Guys' thorough exams and staff, who are attentive, polite, and genuinely interested in their well-being. The doctors are knowledgeable, direct, and personable. The practice is efficient, prompt with little wait time, and uses state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Additionally, the Lasik surgery results are outstanding, with the recovery time being minimal. The Eye Guys is highly recommended for anyone considering Lasik surgery or seeking eye care needs in the area.
- Timely and efficient appointment process with little to no wait time.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff, with doctors who explain procedures and findings clearly.
- Excellent results with LASIK surgery and other eye procedures, with state-of-the-art technology and skilled doctors.
The LASIK Vision Institute
1200 Lake Hearn Dr NE Ste 150, Atlanta, GA 30319
The lasik surgeon practice has been praised for having a friendly and knowledgeable staff that explains the process well and provides excellent customer service. Many reviewers have reported that the surgery was fast, painless, and has yielded excellent vision results. Additionally, the doctors are described as gentle, comforting, and able to put patients at ease throughout the process. Overall, the practice receives high praise and recommendations from many satisfied patients.
- The staff is incredibly kind, personable, and attentive to patient concerns.
- The Lasik surgery process is seamless, painless, and quick, with many patients experiencing clear vision immediately after the procedure.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and experienced, taking the time to explain the procedure and taking patients step-by-step through the whole process. Patients consistently recommend the practice to others considering Lasik surgery.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6525 Carnegie Blvd Suite 108, Charlotte, NC 28211
Patients have given overwhelmingly positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice. Many patients express their satisfaction on not having to rely on glasses or contacts anymore and appreciate the professional and accommodating staff. Additionally, Dr. Machat and his team are highly recommended by patients for their expertise, detailed communication, and comforting approach. The surgery is praised as fast and easy, with recovery being smooth and quick. The very few negative reviews highlight issues with honoring warranties or having to wait above their appointment time. However, the majority of patients felt the investment is worth it and feel grateful for being able to see better.
- Friendly and professional staff who are informative and make you feel comfortable.
- Quick and easy procedure with excellent results, leaving patients with better than 20/20 vision and able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts.
- Experienced doctors, such as Dr. Machat, who guide patients through the entire procedure, explaining every step and providing attentive care both during and after the surgery. Financing options are also available for those who need it.
Waring Vision Institute
735 Johnnie Dodds Blvd # 101, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Patients rave about the professionalism, friendliness, and expertise of the Waring Vision Institute staff. Many have undergone successful LASIK, EVO ICL, or Clear lens replacement surgery and report immediate improvement in vision. The office is praised for its advanced technology, beautiful facility, and spa-like atmosphere. Patients appreciate Dr. Waring's thoroughness, compassion, and his team's attention to detail, which have resulted in painless procedures and minimal recovery time. The staff also makes a point to walk patients through the process and make them feel comfortable, leading to overwhelmingly positive experiences overall.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff
- Pain-free and successful surgeries with quick recovery time
- Friendly, accommodating, and caring service, making patients feel comfortable and confident in their decisions
The LASIK Vision Institute
37 Villa Rd Ste 112, Greenville, SC 29615
Patients have had amazing experiences at this lasik surgeon practice. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and they make the process quick and painless. Patients are seeing clearly the day after surgery and are happy with their 20/15 or 20/20 vision. The procedure is affordable and the staff are accommodating, making it an easy decision to recommend the practice to others.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Great results with improved vision
Providence Eye & Laser Specialists
3025 Springbank Ln #200, Charlotte, NC 28226
The reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive, with patients praising the staff for their professionalism, knowledge, and personable care. Many patients highlight the thorough explanations of procedures and personalized care they received, as well as the expertise of the surgeons. Several patients mentioned the discomfort and recovery time associated with the surgery, but ultimately felt that the improved vision was worth it. Overall, the practice receives high recommendations from patients who feel that they received excellent care and would highly recommend the practice to others.
- Excellent and personable staff
- Thorough explanations of each procedure
- Highly knowledgeable doctors with great bedside manner
Diamond Vision - LASIK and Laser Eye Surgery in Atlanta
100 Crescent Centre Pkwy #240, Tucker, GA 30084
Customers highly recommend Diamond Vision Atlanta for lasik surgery. Patients praise the staff's professionalism, friendliness, and ability to answer any questions and explain the entire process. The procedure is described as quick and painless, with great results that significantly improve vision. In addition, the staff provides clear and detailed instructions for post-op care and eye drop use. Overall, patients express satisfaction with their experiences and recommend Diamond Vision to others seeking lasik surgery.
- Highly competent and caring staff
- State-of-the-art technology
- Excellent results and life-changing outcomes
The LASIK Vision Institute
574 Lone Tree Dr, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
The Lasik Vision Institute in Summerville received overwhelmingly positive reviews from their patients. Patients raved about the friendly and personable staff who made the process more comfortable and accommodating. The surgery was quick, painless, and produced great results with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision. The doctors and staff were commended for their professionalism, knowledge, and expertise, particularly Bridget Mazzei who went above and beyond to provide exceptional care. Overall, patients highly recommended the Lasik Vision Institute for anyone looking for the best eye care possible.
- Friendly and personable staff
- Quick and easy process
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors and technicians
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article