Best Eye Doctors In Atlanta, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Atlanta Optometrists in Atlanta, Atlanta, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Atlanta reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Atlanta.
Eyeclectic Vision Source
2020 Howell Mill Rd NW Suite #37, Atlanta, GA 30318
Eyeclectic offers a positive eye exam experience. Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff. The optometrists take time to address concerns thoroughly. The office itself is clean and modern with many frame options.
- Friendly and efficient staff: The staff at this eye care center is consistently described as friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They make the eye exam process easy and provide great customer service.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The doctors at this location are praised for their bedside manners, willingness to listen, and for providing comprehensive and detailed eye exams. They take their time to ensure patients feel comfortable and understand their eye care needs.
- Wide selection of frames and quick service: Customers appreciate the wide range of frames available at this eye care center. Additionally, several reviewers mention receiving their glasses on the same day as their eye exam, thanks to the efficient and fast service provided by the staff.
Georgia Eye Partners Emory Midtown
550 Peachtree St NE suite 1500, Atlanta, GA 30308
While the eye care center has received some negative feedback about billing and customer service, there are also positive reviews praising friendly staff and skilled doctors.
- Friendly and patient staff: Customers have mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, patient, and makes them feel relaxed during their eye exams.
- Efficient service: Several reviews highlight the efficient service provided at this eye care center, with customers mentioning that they were in and out of their eye exams quickly.
- Excellent doctors and surgical staff: Customers who underwent cataract surgery at this eye care center have praised the doctors and surgical staff for their exceptional service and expertise.
Decatur Eye Care
321 W Hill St #6, Decatur, GA 30030
Decatur Eye Care patients report exceptional experiences, noting friendly staff, personalized exams using advanced technology, and a relaxed office environment. Patients strongly recommend Decatur Eye Care for comprehensive eye care.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Decatur Eye Care is professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain the eye exam process, answer questions, and address concerns.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at Decatur Eye Care. The exams are described as comprehensive, personalized, and quick, with short wait times. The use of top-of-the-line technology is also mentioned.
- Comfortable and inviting environment: Reviews highlight the welcoming and relaxing atmosphere at Decatur Eye Care. The office space is described as warm, brightly colored, and pleasant. Some reviews also mention small touches like a play area for kids.
Eye Center of Atlanta, P.C.
501 Pulliam St SW #139, Atlanta, GA 30312
Dr. Sharma receives mostly positive reviews for his kind and attentive manner, particularly with children. Many praise his expertise in eye care and appreciation for taking time to explain procedures. However, one customer reported an unsatisfactory experience, citing poor listening and unnecessary charges. Overall, Dr. Sharma and his staff provide a positive patient experience.
- Dr. Sharma is highly recommended for his kindness, attention to detail, and ability to work well with children.
- The staff at Eye Center of Atlanta is friendly and personable, providing immediate and helpful communication.
- Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the personalized attention given by Dr. Sharma and his staff.
VEA Eye Health Professionals
2311 Cascade Rd, Atlanta, GA 30311
VEA Cascade eye care center is highly recommended for its great service, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and thorough eye exams. Customers consistently praise Dr. Williams for taking time to answer questions and explain recommendations. The frame selection is appreciated but some find it limited. Isolated concerns were raised over refunds and receipts.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and patient nature of the staff, including the optometrist, who provide thorough and informative eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praise the eye exams conducted at this location, noting that they are thorough, in-depth, and utilize state-of-the-art technology. The optometrist takes the time to explain recommendations and answer any questions.
- Professional and caring service: The staff at this eye care center are described as professional, caring, and attentive to the needs of their patients. They go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable during their visit and assist with frame selection for glasses.
Warby Parker Ponce City Market
650 North Avenue NE Suite 103, Atlanta, GA 30308
Customers were highly satisfied with this eye care center, commending the amiable and well-informed staff, tidy and systematic office, and easy online appointment scheduling. They especially appreciated Dr. Sud for his professionalism, informativeness, and patience. Some highlighted the affordable frames and exceptional help in selecting suitable ones. However, one customer had a disappointing experience with an optometrist whose prescription was unsatisfactory.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, from the moment of check-in to the eye exam and frame selection process.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Reviewers praise the optometrists for their knowledge and thoroughness during eye exams, providing informative and quick examinations.
- Convenient and seamless experience: The online appointment booking process, efficient check-in, and smooth purchasing process are highlighted by reviewers, making the overall experience convenient and hassle-free.
Spectacle Eyecare – Atlantic Station
375 18th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30363
The eye care center received high marks for its knowledgeable doctors, quality care, and courteous staff. While most reviews were positive, a small number of patients reported issues receiving prescriptions and encountering rude staff.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Patients mentioned that the doctors, including Dr. Chen, Dr. Sims, Dr. Calvin, Dr. Haywood, and Dr. Patel, were all knowledgeable, professional, and provided quality care during the eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff, including the office assistants and support staff, were described as friendly, kind, and helpful. They assisted patients with their questions and concerns, explained eye conditions and prescriptions, and provided good customer service.
- Convenient appointment booking and minimal waiting time: Patients found it easy to book appointments either online or by calling. Additionally, the wait time was generally short, ensuring a pleasant and efficient experience at the eye care center.
800 Peachtree St NE Suite E1, Atlanta, GA 30308
EyeWorks of Atlanta & Brookhaven is appreciated for their selection, quality service, and attentiveness. Though some customers mention high prices, prescription errors, and poor communication.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the staff at this eye care center for their professionalism, friendliness, and attention to detail. They appreciate the personalized touch and the care they receive from the opticians.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers mentioned that the staff, including Forest Jones, the general manager, and Josh, were knowledgeable, patient, and went above and beyond to provide a positive experience. They were able to answer questions and help with ordering contacts and finding the right frames.
- Seamless transition to MyEyeDr.: Customers who have been going to this location for years mentioned that the transition from Eyeworks of Atlanta to MyEyeDr. was seamless. They were able to maintain their insurance and paperwork, and they were glad to see the same friendly faces providing exceptional service.
860 Peachtree St NE Suite F, Atlanta, GA 30308
The eye care center received largely positive feedback. Patients were appreciative of the knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff. Many were satisfied with the comprehensive eye exams and the attentiveness of the doctors in answering questions. However, some patients complained of unprofessionalism, issues with orders, and problems obtaining reimbursements.
- Knowledgeable and patient doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center are exceptional, knowledgeable, and take the time to explain everything during the eye exam. They are praised for their professionalism and ability to answer all questions.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciate the welcoming and knowledgeable staff. They mention specific staff members who provided excellent customer service and made the experience comfortable. The front desk and support staff are mentioned as being helpful in explaining insurance coverage and pricing options.
- Comprehensive and efficient exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are comprehensive and thorough. The use of updated equipment, such as the elimination of the uncomfortable eye air puff machine, is appreciated. Additionally, the staff is described as efficient and quick, ensuring a positive experience overall.
1275 Caroline St NE, Atlanta, GA 30307
Customers generally appreciate the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at Target Optical, with doctors like Barron and Chen receiving positive mentions. Thorough eye exams are also praised, though some negative reviews cite long waits, rude front desk staff, and insurance claim issues. Overall the experience is satisfactory for most, leading to recommendations of Target Optical for exams and glasses.
- Excellent eye doctors and staff: Multiple reviewers praised the eye doctors and staff at this Target Optical location, stating that they were knowledgeable, thorough, and friendly. The professionalism and friendliness of the staff members were mentioned multiple times, indicating a positive customer service experience.
- Helpful and patient staff members: Many reviewers specifically mentioned staff members by name, such as Mackenzie, Sin, Tracy, and Marie, who were described as patient, helpful, and willing to assist with frame selections and answering questions. Their assistance in finding the best fit for glasses, comparing prescriptions, and providing advice during shopping experiences were highly appreciated.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: The optometrists, specifically Dr. Barron, Dr. Chen, and Dr. Parikh, were praised for their thoroughness and attention to detail during eye exams. Reviewers highlighted the comprehensive nature of their exams and mentioned that they felt well taken care of.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.