Best LASIK Surgeon In Port St. Lucie, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Port St. Lucie LASIK Surgeons in Port St. Lucie, Port St. Lucie, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Port St. Lucie reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Port St. Lucie.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8211 W Broward Blvd PH 2, Plantation, FL 33324
The Lasik Vision Institute receives consistently positive reviews for their knowledgeable, professional staff and smooth procedures, with many patients noting improved vision immediately after surgery. Patients report friendly and accommodating staff who help make the Lasik experience quick, easy, and relatively painless. Patients strongly recommend the Lasik Vision Institute to those considering laser vision correction.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff
- Quick and easy procedure with excellent results
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere with attentive and supportive staff.
Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center
7593 Boynton Beach Blvd # 280, Boynton Beach, FL 33437
Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center's knowledgeable surgeons provide thorough LASIK procedures. Patients feel welcomed by the professional staff and have positively reviewed Drs. Luchs and Hargreaves for their expertise and caring bedside manner. Many patients achieve better than 20/20 vision and report high satisfaction.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff and doctors
- Courteous and friendly service from all employees, including receptionists and technicians
- Thorough and efficient examinations with clear and informative explanations of procedures and treatments
Ophthalmology Consultants: The Center For LASIK
5800 Colonial Dr, Margate, FL 33063
Patients recommend the Center for Lasik surgeons, Drs. Burks and Gailitis, for their excellent work, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and attentive care during surgery. Patients experienced improved vision with minimal side effects. Some patients noted longer wait times or issues with office staff, but most praised the professionalism and care of the team.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable doctors who excel at their jobs and provide excellent results.
- Caring and professional staff who go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the entire process.
- Doctors who take the time to explain the procedures step-by-step and answer any questions patients may have, giving them peace of mind and confidence in their care.
Millennium Laser Eye Centers
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Patients consistently commend Millennium Laser Eye Center for their professional and friendly staff. The lasik procedure is described as easy and painless, with 20/20 vision right after. Patients strongly endorse Dr. Cory Lessner and his team for those considering lasik.
- Welcoming and relaxed atmosphere that puts patients at ease
- Highly skilled staff and top-notch facility that provides outstanding service
- Quick healing process and exceptional results with 20/20 vision achieved in a matter of days
Kenneth O. Karp, MD
1951 SW 172nd Ave # 304, Miramar, FL 33029
Patients appreciate Dr. Kenneth Karp's professionalism and attentiveness throughout the process. His experienced staff ensures a smooth procedure and answers all questions. Many patients achieve 20/20 or better vision after surgery.
- Efficient and timely appointments, with little to no wait times.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff, who provide thorough information and support.
- Effective and successful results from various procedures, including LASIK and cataract surgery, with patients experiencing improved eyesight quickly and comfortably.
LASIK Specialists LLC
11195 Jog Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33437
Patients consistently praise Dr. Burger and his professional, friendly, and informative team. The LASIK procedure is painless with amazing results - many achieve 20/20 or better vision the day after surgery. Patients highly recommend Dr. Burger for his excellent care, knowledge and compassion. One negative review cited insufficient post-operative instructions, though most praised the comprehensive pre and post-op information provided.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable surgeon and team
- Excellent post-op care and patient support
- Great results with improved vision, including 20/20 and even 20/15 in some cases.
Cory Lessner, MD - LASIK Surgeon
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Patients consistently recommend Dr. Cory Lessner of Millennium Laser Eye Center for his expertise in Lasik surgery. His office provides a clean, friendly environment and his team is highly professional. Many patients report achieving 20/20 vision and an improved quality of life after being treated by Dr. Lessner.
- Personalized and Professional Care: Dr. Lessner and his staff offer personalized and professional care, making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process.
- Success Rate: Several reviews mention having 20/20 vision after the Lasik surgery with Dr. Lessner, with some having clear vision for over 17 years.
- Quick and Painless Procedure: The procedure is described as quick, painless, and the staff at the office makes sure patients feel safe during the procedure.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.