Best LASIK Surgeon In Miami, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Miami LASIK Surgeons in Miami, Miami, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Miami reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Miami.
Tlc Of Coral Gables
1099 S Le Jeune Rd, Miami, FL 33134
The Lasky Center of Coral Gables receives excellent reviews for its professional, knowledgeable, and caring staff. Patients find the modern clinic clean and soothing. Procedures are efficient yet relaxed as doctors take time to explain each step. Patients feel comfortable and confident throughout, with many describing the results as life-changing. Staff helpfully guide patients through financing options. Patients strongly recommend the practice.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff and doctors
- Painless and effective Lasik and PRK procedures with great results
- Excellent customer service and patient care, with efficient and accommodating appointment scheduling and follow-up care
The LASIK Vision Institute
8211 W Broward Blvd PH 2, Plantation, FL 33324
Current Specials: Save $1000* On LASIK
The Lasik Vision Institute receives outstanding feedback for their knowledgeable, friendly staff and efficient procedures leading to superb visual acuity. While some administrative hiccups occurred, most reviewers enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff
- Quick and easy process
- Great results with improved vision (20/20 or 20/15)
7867 N Kendall Dr # 260, Miami, FL 33156
Current Specials: FREE Consultation
Patients offer glowing reviews of this LASIK surgeon’s practice, describing the staff as friendly, knowledgeable professionals. Patients report minimal discomfort during and after procedures, with some achieving clear vision immediately. Many enthusiastically recommend the practice, calling the experience life-changing.
- Exceptional staff and care, making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure with fast recovery time, resulting in clear vision immediately after the surgery.
- Knowledgeable and amiable doctors and technicians, guiding patients through the process and answering all questions with patience and professionalism.
Pannu Laser & Vision Institute- Davie
10650 W State Rd 84 STE 100, Davie, FL 33324
Current Specials: $500 OFF LASIK*
The Pannu Laser Institute comes highly recommended for Lasik surgery. Patients describe the staff and doctors as friendly, knowledgeable professionals who deliver a comfortable experience. Reviewers report quick, painless procedures with excellent results and perfect vision. The office impresses with its cleanliness, class, advanced technology and doctors’ extensive experience.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff and doctors.
- State-of-the-art technology with quick and painless procedures.
- Excellent care, communication, and personalized attention from all staff and doctors before, during, and after the surgery.
1951 SW 172nd Ave Suite 304, Miramar, FL 33029
Patients visiting this lasik practice highly compliment Dr. Karp’s expertise and the professional, attentive staff. Patients describe the procedure as comfortable and painless. Multiple reviews indicate the life-changing results and excellent customer service have led patients to enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Professional and Knowledgeable Staff: Multiple reviewers complemented the staff at this lasik surgeon practice for being professional, knowledgeable, and attentive to patient needs and questions.
- Quick and Painless Procedure: Several reviewers reported that the lasik procedure was quick, painless, and comfortable, thanks to the expertise and professionalism of the doctor and staff at the practice.
- Excellent Results: Many reviewers reported excellent results after the lasik procedure, with improved vision and often even better than 20/20. Several reviewers had positive experiences with the healing process after the surgery and expressed satisfaction with the outcome and freedom from glasses and contacts.
CorrectVision – Weston
2300 N Commerce Pkwy Suite 308, Weston, FL 33326
The lasik surgeon practice receives excellent reviews for their professional, kind, and knowledgeable doctors and staff. Patients report life-changing, painless experiences with easy recoveries. Facilities are modern and clean. While some cite issues with billing, most are very satisfied.
- Highly skilled and competent surgeons with great bedside manner.
- Excellent and supportive staff who provide great customer service.
- Life-changing results with little to no post-op issues.
Millennium Laser Eye Centers
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Millennium Laser Eye Center patients report professional, friendly staff and thorough pre/post-op care. Many experience improved vision and quality of life after their LASIK procedure. Overall, Millennium is a top choice for LASIK candidates.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Cory M. Lessner, who provides outstanding service with a focus on patient care and comfort.
- Effective and efficient laser eye surgery resulting in improved vision, including 20/20 vision and up to 20/10 vision in some cases, with quick healing and easy pre- and after-care instructions.
- Professional and welcoming environment from the moment of arrival, with staff who take the time to explain the options and procedures in detail, as well as the scheduling flexibility for pre- and post-op appointments.
3850 Hollywood Blvd # 203, Hollywood, FL 33021
Patients reported excellent outcomes and caring service from Dr. Bosem and the CorrectVision staff. The majority achieved 20/20 or better vision. Minor concerns included wait times, distancing in the waiting room, and Hollywood parking.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon (Dr. Bosem) who puts patients at ease
- Friendly, informative, and attentive staff who provide luxury service
- Life-changing experience with successful outcomes, including 20/20 or better vision, even for challenging cases
Kenneth O. Karp, MD
1951 SW 172nd Ave # 304, Miramar, FL 33029
Current Specials: free LASIK consultation
Dr. Kenneth Karp receives highly positive reviews for his LASIK procedures, with patients citing the staff’s friendly and knowledgeable bedside manner. The surgery itself is depicted as efficient, relatively pain-free, and successful, with many patients attaining 20/15 vision shortly after. Cataract patients also report outstanding surgical experiences and results under Dr. Karp’s care. He comes very recommended for those seeking vision correction.
- Excellent and personable experience with knowledgeable staff
- Quick and seamless process with on-time appointments
- Great results with 20/15 or better vision, high level of professionalism and warmth throughout the entire office
Cory Lessner, MD – LASIK Surgeon
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Patients consistently describe Dr. Cory Lessner and the Millennium Laser Eye Center team as professional, friendly, and thorough. The office receives consistent praise for cleanliness. Patients enthusiastically recommend Dr. Lessner, citing his meticulous approach and many successful, life-changing LASIK surgeries resulting in clear vision.
- Dr. Cory Lessner walks patients through the entire process, making them feel comfortable and at ease.
- Patients have reported perfect 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts after the procedure.
- The staff is highly professional, friendly, educated, and the office is clean and welcoming.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.