Best LASIK Surgeon In Jacksonville, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 157 LASIK Surgeons in Jacksonville, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 4566 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Jacksonville.
Gulani Vision Institute
8075 Gate Parkway W Suite 102 & 103, Jacksonville, FL 32216
Patients of Dr. Gulani's practice have described his surgical suite as being nicer than most spas and his personal care before, during, and after surgeries as absolutely phenomenal. Many positive comments speak to his passion and abilities, as well as his attention to detail and the confidence he instills in his patients. Many patients report successful surgeries with minimal to no pain and a quick recovery time. Overall, Dr. Gulani and his staff are described as compassionate, personable, and professional, with patients leaving with crystal clear vision and better quality of life.
- Dr. Gulani and his team perform various types of eye surgeries, including Pterygium surgery, cataract surgery and Lazrplastique, with minimal or no anesthesia and stitches, resulting in excellent results and faster recovery times.
- The surgical suite at Gulani Vision Institute is clean and spa-like which contributes to a relaxing and comfortable environment, allowing patients to feel at ease.
- Dr. Gulani is a highly skilled and passionate eye surgeon who treats each patient uniquely and personally, explaining in plain terms each step of the procedure and following up with patients to ensure their recovery is smooth and successful. His staff are also compassionate, personable and attentive to patient needs.
Atlantic Eye Institute
3316 3rd St S #103, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Atlantic Eye Institute has friendly and professional staff who provide excellent care and use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat eye conditions. The doctors are knowledgeable, thorough, and have successfully performed surgeries such as cataract surgery and Lasik. The office is clean, comfortable, and efficiently handles a high volume of patients with an excellent flow.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional doctors and staff
- Modern and up-to-date technology for eye care and treatment
- Friendly and courteous staff who provide excellent care from start to finish
Atlantic Eye Institute: Southside
6207 Bennett Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32216
The lasik surgeon practice has a very professional and friendly staff, with some patients stating they are the best. The atmosphere is clean and welcoming, and patients have had comfortable experiences with knowledgeable and patient doctors. The practice is highly recommended for their exceptional care and friendly customer service.
- Professionalism: Reviewers consistently mention the professional and courteous staff, including the doctors, technicians, and receptionists.
- High-quality care: Many reviewers rave about the exceptional level of care they receive, with several mentioning that they have been patients for years and always have good experiences at Atlantic Eye Institute.
- Positive overall experience: Reviews frequently describe the atmosphere as friendly, welcoming, clean, and efficient. Several reviewers mention having a comfortable and pleasant experience, which can be important for those seeking LASIK surgery.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8705 Perimeter Park Blvd Suite 10 B, Jacksonville, FL 32216
The Lasik Vision Institute in Jacksonville, Florida has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Duffield and Dr. Endicott, who made them feel comfortable and informed throughout the process. Most patients report successful procedures and improved vision, with many achieving 20/20 or even 20/15 vision. Patients also appreciate the professionalism and efficiency of the staff and recommend the institute to others considering Lasik surgery. However, one negative review mentions a longer wait time and a lack of thorough tests prior to the surgery.
- Experienced, knowledgeable doctors and staff
- Professional and friendly customer service
- Life-changing results with 20/20 or better vision achieved
Maida CustomVision at Florida Eye Specialists - Mandarin
11945 San Jose Blvd #102, Jacksonville, FL 32223
The reviews consistently praise the Maida CustomVision lasik surgeons and staff as friendly, knowledgeable, professional, and caring. Patients commonly report life-changing results, with quick and relatively painless procedures that leave them with 20/20 vision or better within a day. Many recommend Maida CustomVision over other lasik chains, and remark positively on the ease of the process, clear instructions, and the exceptional care they received throughout their journey.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients comfortable and are experienced in guiding through the process of Lasik surgery.
- Highly competent and skilled surgeons who provide an excellent outcome and take great care to ensure that the procedure is done right.
- Quick and painless procedure with almost immediate results and fast recovery time.
Amit R. Chokshi, M.D.
1325 San Marco Blvd # 900, Jacksonville, FL 32207
Patients love Dr. Chokshi and his staff for their professionalism, knowledge, and care. They appreciate Dr. Chokshi's attention to detail and his ability to explain procedures and answer any questions. Patients have reported seeing great results from cataract surgery and LASIK with few complications. The staff is welcoming and caring throughout the entire process, creating a relaxing and efficient atmosphere. Some patients were disappointed with the cost of services or the attitude of a surgical consultant, but overall patients highly recommend Dr. Chokshi and his team at Florida Eye Specialists.
- Dr. Chokshi is an expert in his field, providing professional and knowledgeable care to his patients.
- The staff is friendly, courteous, and efficient, ensuring a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere.
- Patients experience successful outcomes from procedures such as LASIK and cataract surgeries, with improved vision and quality of life.
Jacksonville Eye Center
2001 College St, Jacksonville, FL 32204
Despite some negative reviews about long wait times and rude staff members, many positive reviews highlight the excellent care and professionalism of the doctors and staff at the lasik surgeon practice. Patients appreciate the helpfulness of the staff, the care and attention given during exams and procedures, and the successful results of surgeries like LASIK. While wait times may be an issue, many still recommend the practice for their exceptional service.
- Highly skilled and professional ophthalmologists, particularly Dr. Schnipper and Dr. Kovacs, who provide excellent care and successfully perform LASIK surgery.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who are willing to listen to patients' concerns and help them find the right pair of glasses or contacts.
- Clean and safe facilities that follow strict COVID protocol to ensure patients' safety and health.
Florida Eye Specialists - San Marco
1325 San Marco Blvd # 900, Jacksonville, FL 32207
Florida Eye Specialists receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for its staff, doctors, and services. Patients praise the practice for its friendly and knowledgeable staff, efficient service, and quality care. Dr. Riordan and Dr. Chokshi are specifically mentioned as compassionate and professional doctors, with Dr. Chokshi noted for his expertise in cataract surgery. Some patients do mention long wait times or issues with billing, but the majority of reviews are highly positive. Overall, Florida Eye Specialists is recommended for its excellent care and friendly staff.
- Efficient and Professional: Several reviews mention the staff and doctors at the practice being efficient, courteous, and professional. Patients were seen quickly and were able to get all of their questions answered by knowledgeable staff.
- Caring and Supportive: Many reviews also mention the doctors and staff being caring and supportive towards their patients. They take time to listen to concerns and provide thorough explanations and treatments.
- Successful Results: Several patients commented on successful results from treatments and surgeries. They have experienced relief from chronic eye conditions and have had successful cataract surgeries with no complications.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article