Best LASIK Surgeon In Fort Lauderdale, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fort Lauderdale LASIK Surgeons in Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fort Lauderdale reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Fort Lauderdale.
Cory Lessner, MD - LASIK Surgeon
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Patients consistently credit Dr. Cory Lessner and his attentive staff with achieving excellent vision outcomes. Reviews describe Dr. Lessner as personable and skilled. His accommodating team earns praise for making patients feel at ease and providing customized care. Many reviewers say the practice's professionalism and life-changing results are highly recommended.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon - Dr. Lessner provides personalized care, walks patients through the entire process, and guarantees a successful surgery with 20/20 results, even after years of treatment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - From the consultation to the after-care, patients rave about the staff's professionalism, patience, and expertise, making every step of the way comfortable and worry-free.
- Cutting-edge technology and fast, painless procedure - The practice offers robotic LASIK with quick and painless recovery, and patients can enjoy clear vision within minutes of the surgery. The office is also clean and well-maintained.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8211 W Broward Blvd PH 2, Plantation, FL 33324
The Lasik Vision Institute's staff earn consistently high praise for their friendliness, professionalism, and expertise. Most patients find the procedure quick and comfortable. Many achieve 20/20 or better vision and describe the results as life-changing, wishing they'd done it sooner. For those considering Lasik, the Institute comes very highly recommended.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and supported throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure, with most patients experiencing immediate vision improvement.
- Excellent results with many patients achieving 20/20 or 20/15 vision, making this practice a great choice for anyone considering LASIK surgery.
7867 N Kendall Dr # 260, Miami, FL 33156
Patients consistently report positive experiences with this lasik surgeon's practice, highlighting attentive and friendly staff. The surgical procedure is described as quick, painless and effective. Recovery is fast with clear vision shortly after surgery. Many would enthusiastically recommend this practice to friends and family considering lasik.
- Highly attentive and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure with significant improvement in vision, often within hours of recovery.
- Excellent patient education and guidance provided by the Lasik surgeon, who gives detailed explanations of the entire procedure, from start to finish.
Pannu Laser & Vision Institute- Davie
10650 W State Rd 84 STE 100, Davie, FL 33324
Patients consistently report outstanding experiences with the knowledgeable and friendly staff at Pannu Laser Institute. The LASIK surgery is quick, comfortable and provides life-changing vision correction. Patients strongly recommend having the procedure done without delay.
- The practice has a knowledgeable and skilled team of doctors and staff who provide professional and friendly service.
- They offer the latest technology and equipment for safe and painless laser surgery procedures that provide excellent results and quick recovery time.
- The practice takes a patient-focused approach, providing personalized care, clear communication, and adequate information about the procedure to set patient expectations and alleviate fears and concerns.
1951 SW 172nd Ave Suite 304, Miramar, FL 33029
Patients consistently describe feeling at ease with Dr. Karp and his knowledgeable, friendly team who patiently answer questions and offer clear explanations. Most report the Lasik procedure as quick, easy and painless, with vision improved beyond 20/20, no longer needing glasses or contacts. Patients recommend Dr. Karp and LasikPlus for their professional, competent care.
- Professional staff and excellent customer service - many reviews praised the kindness and helpfulness of the staff
- Quick and easy procedure with painless recovery - several reviews commented on the ease of the procedure and the quick recovery time
- Improved vision with life-changing results - many reviews expressed happiness and satisfaction with the improved vision after the surgery, some even achieving better than 20/20 vision.
CorrectVision - Weston
2300 N Commerce Pkwy Suite 308, Weston, FL 33326
The CorrectVision Laser Institute's ophthalmologists are commended for their professionalism, expertise, and compassion. Drs. Bosem and Taibbi have changed patients' lives through procedures like Evo Visian ICL and LASIK. Many patients achieve 20/15 or 20/10 vision within 24 hours. The team's modern facilities, customer service, and follow-up care also earn acclaim.
- Highly skilled and professional surgeons with excellent bedside manners and attention to detail, leading to highly successful procedures with quick and comfortable recoveries.
- The staff is incredibly supportive, accommodating, and knowledgeable, making the journey to better vision as easy and seamless as possible.
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment, coupled with a thorough and attentive approach in all aspects of care, result in excellent, life-changing outcomes for patients.
Ophthalmology Consultants: The Center For LASIK
5800 Colonial Dr, Margate, FL 33063
Patients consistently commend Dr. Burks for his expertise, detailed communication, and calming presence during procedures. His professional yet friendly staff helps put patients at ease and takes great care to ensure an excellent experience. Many grateful patients cite outstanding surgical results in recommending his practice for lasik and other eye care needs.
- Excellent, knowledgeable, and caring professionals, including Dr. Burks and Dr. Gailitis, as well as their respective team members.
- Thorough exams and personalized recommendations for cataract implant lenses, LASIK surgery, and other eye care needs.
- Positive outcomes and improved vision for patients, including 20/20 or better vision, better clarity and brightness, and no need for glasses except for reading.
Millennium Laser Eye Centers
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy #410, Sunrise, FL 33323
Millennium Laser Eye Center patients report excellent results and a positive experience under Dr. Cory Lessner's expert care. Patients cite professional, friendly staff and exceptional service. Dr. Lessner's team takes great care to ensure patients are comfortable and have the best possible outcome.
- Friendly and professional staff that make patients feel welcomed and relaxed.
- Dr. Lessner is knowledgeable, skilled, and takes time to explain options to patients.
- Quick and painless laser eye surgery with many customers achieving 20/20 vision or better.
3850 Hollywood Blvd # 203, Hollywood, FL 33021
Patients consistently report positive experiences with CorrectVision Laser Institute and Dr. Bosen, citing exceptional vision results, feeling well-informed and comfortable with staff, and appreciating a familial atmosphere. A sole complaint mentioned difficult parking at the Hollywood location. Patients widely recommend this practice for lasik surgery.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon who makes patients feel at ease
- Luxury service with a great team that treats you like family
- Professional and friendly staff that provide thorough and attentive care throughout the process
Kenneth O. Karp, MD
1951 SW 172nd Ave # 304, Miramar, FL 33029
Dr. Karp's patients at Lasik Plus often commend his professionalism, expertise, and attentive care. Appointments run on time. Patients feel at ease with Dr. Karp and experience little discomfort during procedures. Many achieve excellent vision post-op and are very satisfied. His friendly, efficient staff help ensure a positive experience.
- Excellent staff and personable experience, with knowledgeable and patient answers to all questions.
- Quick and easy procedures, with clear and immediate improvements in vision.
- Highly recommended by a majority of patients, with successful results from both LASIK and cataract surgeries.
LASIK Specialists LLC
11195 Jog Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33437
Patients consistently commend Dr. Burger's professionalism, expertise, and compassionate care. Most achieve excellent vision correction. Though some experience temporary side effects, Dr. Burger resolves issues promptly. Patients strongly endorse his services.
- Professional and knowledgeable surgeon and team
- Painless procedure with quick recovery time
- Excellent post-op care and support, resulting in 20/20 vision for many patients
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.