Best LASIK Surgeon In Clearwater, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Clearwater LASIK Surgeons in Clearwater, Clearwater, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Clearwater reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Clearwater.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Current Specials: Free LASIK Consultation
Lasik Plus Tampa patients report friendly, professional staff and quick, painless procedures that produce excellent vision results. Highly recommended surgeons like Dr. Groden and Dr. Ireland oversee a streamlined process with clear communication. Many patients achieve 20/20 vision or better within days and describe the life-changing procedure as seamless overall.
- Super nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional staff.
- Quick and painless procedure with 20/20 vision in less than 24 hours.
- Excellent service, friendly staff, and great results.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
The positive patient reviews highlight improved vision and a comfortable experience with an expert, reassuring staff at this lasik surgeon practice. Patients describe the quick, painless procedure and clear explanations from the knowledgeable doctors. Many wish they had undergone the convenient, effective lasik surgery sooner.
- Life-changing experience: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their experience with the lasik surgeon practice was life-changing. They reported improved vision without the need for prescription lenses, leading to a clearer and sharper vision.
- Quick and painless procedure: Several reviewers commented on the quick and painless nature of the procedure. They mentioned that the process was quick, lasting only a few minutes, and that they experienced minimal discomfort during the surgery.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at the practice for their friendliness and helpfulness. They found the staff members to be welcoming, informative, and attentive, which helped to alleviate any anxiety or concerns they had about the procedure.
Updegraff Laser Vision – St. Petersburg
1601 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
The lasik surgeon’s staff earns accolades for their supportive and organized approach, with an emphasis on thoughtful care. Patients commend the comprehensive eye exams and talented surgeons, particularly Dr. Updegraff. Reviews portray the practice as transformative, cementing it as a top choice for vision correction.
- Supportive and organized staff: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is highly praised for being supportive, organized, and helpful. This creates a positive and efficient environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: The doctors at this practice are described as friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate their expertise and the thoroughness of their examinations.
- Life-changing results: Many patients have reported significant improvements in their vision after undergoing lasik surgery at this practice. The procedure is described as quick, painless, and effective, with patients experiencing immediate improvement in their vision.
- Overall, patients have positive experiences with the helpful and organized staff, the knowledgeable and friendly doctors, and the life-changing results of lasik surgery at this practice.
Michael H. Manning, MD, FACS – Palm Harbor Ophthalmologist
2650 Tampa Rd, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Dr. Manning receives rave reviews for his caring, thorough approach and superb bedside manner. His friendly, knowledgeable staff and quick, painless, successful procedures like LASIK and cataract surgery draw gratitude from patients with improved vision. His Gulfcoast Eye Care comes highly recommended.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough: Dr. Manning is praised for his extensive knowledge and thoroughness in explaining procedures, disease processes, and treatment options. Patients feel confident in his expertise and trust his recommendations.
- Friendly and caring staff: Numerous reviews mention the kindness and professionalism of the staff at Gulfcoast Eye. From the receptionists to the nurses, patients appreciate the warm and friendly atmosphere and feel well taken care of.
- Quick and painless procedures: Many patients highlight the quick and painless nature of the procedures performed by Dr. Manning. Whether it's LASIK or cataract surgery, patients appreciate the efficiency and ease of their experience.
Lasik Specialists LLC
2451 McMullen Booth Rd # 202, Clearwater, FL 33759, United States
Lasik Specialists, led by Dr. Burger, is consistently praised by patients for excellent visual results, pain-free procedures, friendly and knowledgeable staff, quick appointments, and affordable pricing. While a small minority have expressed some concerns, most patients report being very satisfied with their overall experience.
- Excellent results: Many reviews mention the great results and improved vision after getting lasik at this practice. Several reviewers specifically mention achieving 20/20 or even better than 20/20 vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including Dr. Burger, is described as friendly, professional, and helpful. They are praised for answering all questions and making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviews mention that the lasik procedure was quick, typically taking only a few minutes per eye. Many reviewers report experiencing no pain or discomfort during or after the procedure.
Tampa Eye Laser Center – Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients consistently commend Dr. Leach and his attentive staff at Tampa Eye Laser Center for their exceptional care throughout the LASIK and cataract surgery process, from informative consultations to skilled procedures to attentive follow-up care. Many patients achieve 20/20 or better vision and highly recommend Dr. Leach’s expertise.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced surgeon: Dr. Leach and his staff are described as knowledgeable and experienced throughout the entire lasik process, from the initial consultation to the surgery itself.
- Excellent patient care and reassurance: Patients consistently praise Dr. Leach and his team for providing a kind, welcoming, and comforting environment. They take the time to address patient concerns, explain procedures, and alleviate anxiety about the surgery.
- Exceptional results and improved vision: Many patients report achieving 20/20 or even better vision after their lasik surgery with Dr. Leach. They mention improved vision quality, vivid colors, and the ability to see without the need for corrective lenses.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.