Best LASIK Surgeon In Clearwater, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 80 LASIK Surgeons in Clearwater, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 10094 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Clearwater.
2202 N Westshore Blvd Suite 100, Tampa, FL 33607
Lasik Plus Tampa has received consistently positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and caring. The procedure is reported to be quick, painless, and life-changing, with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision within a day or two. The surgeons, including Dr. Groden and Dr. Ireland, are highly recommended, and the overall experience at Lasik Plus is praised for its seamless process, clear communication, and excellent results.
- Super nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional staff.
- Quick and painless procedure with 20/20 vision in less than 24 hours.
- Excellent service, friendly staff, and great results.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4301 W Boy Scout Blvd Suite 140, Tampa, FL 33607
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the life-changing experience and improved vision after the procedure. The staff is described as friendly, professional, and helpful, providing a comfortable and reassuring environment. Many reviewers express gratitude for the clear and detailed explanations given by the doctors, as well as the quick and painless process. Overall, the positive reviews emphasize the convenience and effectiveness of the lasik surgery, with multiple reviewers wishing they had done it sooner.
- Life-changing experience: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their experience with the lasik surgeon practice was life-changing. They reported improved vision without the need for prescription lenses, leading to a clearer and sharper vision.
- Quick and painless procedure: Several reviewers commented on the quick and painless nature of the procedure. They mentioned that the process was quick, lasting only a few minutes, and that they experienced minimal discomfort during the surgery.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at the practice for their friendliness and helpfulness. They found the staff members to be welcoming, informative, and attentive, which helped to alleviate any anxiety or concerns they had about the procedure.
Updegraff Laser Vision - St. Petersburg
1601 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice praise the supportive and organized staff, highlighting their friendliness and attentiveness. Patients also appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and the expertise of the doctors, especially Dr. Updegraff, who is described as amazing and skilled. The overall experience at the practice is considered life-changing and many highly recommend them for lasik eye surgery.
- Supportive and organized staff: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is highly praised for being supportive, organized, and helpful. This creates a positive and efficient environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: The doctors at this practice are described as friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate their expertise and the thoroughness of their examinations.
- Life-changing results: Many patients have reported significant improvements in their vision after undergoing lasik surgery at this practice. The procedure is described as quick, painless, and effective, with patients experiencing immediate improvement in their vision.
- Overall, patients have positive experiences with the helpful and organized staff, the knowledgeable and friendly doctors, and the life-changing results of lasik surgery at this practice.
Michael H. Manning, MD, FACS - Palm Harbor Ophthalmologist
2650 Tampa Rd, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Patients have left overwhelmingly positive reviews about Dr. Manning and his practice. They praise the caring and thorough nature of Dr. Manning's approach, with several mentioning his excellent bedside manner. The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, and the surgical procedures, such as LASIK and cataract surgery, are said to be quick, painless, and successful. Many patients express gratitude for the improved vision they have achieved through Dr. Manning's treatments. Overall, the reviews consistently recommend Dr. Manning and Gulfcoast Eye Care for eye care needs.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough: Dr. Manning is praised for his extensive knowledge and thoroughness in explaining procedures, disease processes, and treatment options. Patients feel confident in his expertise and trust his recommendations.
- Friendly and caring staff: Numerous reviews mention the kindness and professionalism of the staff at Gulfcoast Eye. From the receptionists to the nurses, patients appreciate the warm and friendly atmosphere and feel well taken care of.
- Quick and painless procedures: Many patients highlight the quick and painless nature of the procedures performed by Dr. Manning. Whether it's LASIK or cataract surgery, patients appreciate the efficiency and ease of their experience.
Lasik Specialists LLC
2451 McMullen Booth Rd # 202, Clearwater, FL 33759, United States
Lasik Specialists, led by Dr. Burger, receives consistently positive feedback from patients. Reviewers rave about the excellent results and pain-free experience of getting Lasik. The friendly and knowledgeable staff, quick and easy procedures, and affordable prices are also praised.
- Excellent results: Many reviews mention the great results and improved vision after getting lasik at this practice. Several reviewers specifically mention achieving 20/20 or even better than 20/20 vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including Dr. Burger, is described as friendly, professional, and helpful. They are praised for answering all questions and making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviews mention that the lasik procedure was quick, typically taking only a few minutes per eye. Many reviewers report experiencing no pain or discomfort during or after the procedure.
Tampa Eye Laser Center - Dr. David Leach MD
4303 N Gomez Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
Patients consistently praise Dr. Leach and his staff at Tampa Eye Laser Center for their exceptional care and expertise. From the initial consultation to the surgery and follow-up appointments, the experience is described as smooth and reassuring. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable and friendly staff, and many attest to achieving 20/20 or even better vision after their procedures. Overall, they highly recommend Dr. Leach and his team for anyone considering LASIK or cataract surgery.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced surgeon: Dr. Leach and his staff are described as knowledgeable and experienced throughout the entire lasik process, from the initial consultation to the surgery itself.
- Excellent patient care and reassurance: Patients consistently praise Dr. Leach and his team for providing a kind, welcoming, and comforting environment. They take the time to address patient concerns, explain procedures, and alleviate anxiety about the surgery.
- Exceptional results and improved vision: Many patients report achieving 20/20 or even better vision after their lasik surgery with Dr. Leach. They mention improved vision quality, vivid colors, and the ability to see without the need for corrective lenses.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article