Best LASIK Surgeon In Cape Coral, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 135 LASIK Surgeons in Cape Coral, FL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 11824 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Cape Coral.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8211 W Broward Blvd PH 2, Plantation, FL 33324
Patients highly recommended LASIK Vision Institute's Plantation, FL location. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, making the entire process streamlined and smooth. Patients had great results with many achieving 20/20 and even 20/15 vision. The procedure was quick and painless, and patients felt comfortable and calm throughout. Many patients also appreciated the level of detail and thorough explanations provided during the process. Overall, patients highly recommend this location for anyone considering LASIK.
- Excellent service and knowledgeable staff.
- Quick and easy procedure with great outcomes, including 20/20 or 20/15 vision.
- Friendly and supportive staff that make patients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the process.
9617 Gulf Research Ln, Fort Myers, FL 33912
The lasik surgeon practice has a beautiful facility and friendly office staff. The doctors and staff are knowledgeable, professional, and caring towards their patients. The thorough eye exams are informative, ensuring that the patients are comfortable and satisfied with their visit.
- Exceptional quality of service and professionalism from both staff and doctors
- Thorough and efficient eye exams with state-of-the-art procedures and technologies
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who are willing to answer all questions and provide excellent customer service.
The LASIK Vision Institute
1555 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd STE 100, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Patients have had extremely positive experiences at this LASIK surgeon practice. Patients have stated that the procedure is quick, painless, and affordable. They had great customer service and professionalism from the staff. They also appreciated the post-op instructions provided and the overall life-changing experience of not having to rely on glasses.
- Quick and efficient process with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Life-changing results in terms of improved vision and freedom from glasses or contacts.
- Affordable pricing and financing options available.
1951 SW 172nd Ave Suite 304, Miramar, FL 33029
Overall, reviews of this lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Patients consistently praise the professionalism and expertise of Dr. Karp and his attentive staff. Many report immediate and drastic improvements in their vision following the surgery. The knowledgeable and friendly staff and the transparent pricing and coverage options are also cited as positive aspects of the practice. Some negative reviews mention difficulty scheduling follow-up appointments or issues with communication and customer care after the surgery, but these are few and far between compared to the positive reviews.
- Professional and courteous staff who provide clear and patient explanations of the procedure and answer all questions.
- Quick and painless surgery that results in improved vision better than 20/20.
- Reasonably priced services with affordable plans and one-year coverage for future visits.
3020 Lee Blvd Unit 12, Lehigh Acres, FL 33971
Frantz Eye Care in Lehigh Acres has a friendly and professional staff. Dr. Burkley is highly recommended for his expertise and care. Patients appreciate the thorough examinations and personalized treatment. Some minor criticisms include long wait times and issues with front desk staff. Overall, Frantz Eye Care is highly recommended for their excellent service and care.
- Excellent customer service - patients consistently praise the kind and caring nature of the staff, from the front desk to the doctors themselves.
- Thorough and professional exams - patients appreciate the comprehensive and informative eye exams, as well as the knowledge and skill of the doctors and staff.
- Great surgical outcomes - patients report positive experiences with cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures.
CorrectVision Laser Institute
1 SW 129th Ave STE 209, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
Patients highly recommend Dr. Bosem and his team at Correct Vision for Lasik surgery and cataract surgery. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and professional, and patients praise their thoroughness and care. Many patients were happy with their improved vision following the surgery without the need for glasses or contacts. However, some negative reviews mention issues with staff and unsuccessful chalazion drains.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff, including Dr. Bosem and Dr. Concool, who are patient and make patients feel comfortable during surgery.
- Takes cleanliness and sanitization seriously, with a spotless and aesthetically pleasing facility.
- Provides top-notch care, resulting in life-changing experiences such as better than perfect vision and successful cataract surgery with corrected astigmatism.
Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center
1515 N Flagler Dr, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Patients highly recommend Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center for LASIK surgery, with many noting improved vision equal to or better than 20/20. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and patient throughout the process, from consultation to post-op check-ups. The surgery is relatively quick and painless, and they offer follow-up care as needed. Patients describe Dr. Katzen and his team as informative, professional, and meticulous in their work.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable doctors and staff
- Friendly, helpful, and patient-centered approach throughout the entire process
- Exceptional visual outcomes and long-lasting results with minimal discomfort and postoperative complications.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article