Best Eye Doctors In West Palm Beach, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed West Palm Beach Optometrists in West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze West Palm Beach reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in West Palm Beach.
Florida Vision Institute
1515 N Flagler Dr #500, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its professional, thorough, and kind doctors and staff, as well as its clean and pleasant office environment. However, some reviews mention issues with unresponsive staff and long wait times.
- Stellar overall experience: The office environment is pleasant, and the staff, including the receptionist, technician, and Dr. Lima, are courteous, personable, professional, and efficient.
- Thorough and advanced eye exams: The eye exams are detailed and thorough, utilizing the latest examination equipment. The entire staff is nice and courteous throughout the process.
- Compassionate and professional staff: The doctors and staff, including Dr. Luchs and Dr. Bobo, are professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate. They provide excellent care and take the time to understand and meet patients' needs.
Palm Beach Eye Center: Khouri George G MD
1411 N Flagler Dr # 8100, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Current Specials: Free LASIK consultation
Dr. George Khouri receives consistently positive feedback for his surgical skills, attentive care, and comprehensive eye exams. While some patients wish for better bedside manner, most praise the professionalism and thoughtfulness of Dr. Khouri and his staff at Palm Beach Eye Center.
- Dr. Khouri provides excellent patient care and surgical talent, with a thorough and relaxed approach to routine eye care and informative responses to questions.
- The Surgery Center associated with Dr. Khouri's practice is praised for its positive experience, great surgical staff care, and efficiency in time.
- Patients have had successful results with various eye procedures, such as refractive lens exchange surgery and cataract surgery, achieving improved vision and freedom from glasses or contacts. The staff is caring and attentive throughout the process.
The LASIK Vision Institute
1555 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd STE 100, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Current Specials: FREE Consultation
Patients report high satisfaction with the professional, friendly staff and doctors. Many experienced improved vision to 20/20 or better after surgery. The center is praised for affordable pricing and financing options compared to competitors.
- The staff at the eye care center is friendly, professional, and thorough. They take the time to explain the procedure and answer all questions, making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- The results of the eye surgeries are generally positive, with many patients achieving 20/20 vision or significant improvement in their vision. The procedures are quick and painless, providing life-changing experiences for those who have worn glasses for years.
- The eye care center offers affordable options and is understanding of financial limitations, providing different payment options for patients seeking Lasik surgery. The staff is accommodating and works with patients to ensure they can afford the procedure.
2000 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd #400, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable staff. Patients value the doctors’ professionalism and thorough eye exams. However, some criticisms note long wait times, unclear pricing, and insufficient communication about surgical procedures.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were very nice, courteous, and friendly. They made the patients feel comfortable and provided excellent customer service throughout the visit.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye exams at this location, mentioning that the doctors and medical assistants were thorough and explained everything in detail. They felt that their concerns were addressed and that their eye health was well taken care of.
- Efficient and organized: Several reviewers highlighted the efficiency and organization of the office. They mentioned minimal waiting times, streamlined processes, and well-kept facilities.
2532 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams, attentive staff, and aid choosing eyewear. However, some mention aggressive sales tactics and costly products, so experiences may vary with different staff interactions.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were thorough and comprehensive, ensuring accurate prescriptions and addressing any eye concerns.
- Helpful and caring staff: Reviewers praised the staff for being attentive, knowledgeable, and patient. They felt that the staff genuinely cared about their eye care needs and took the time to assist them in finding the right glasses or contacts.
- Fast turnaround time for glasses: Several reviewers were impressed with the quick turnaround time for receiving their glasses, with one mentioning receiving them just two days after their appointment.
Justina Vasiliauskas, OD
2000 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd #400, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
The majority of Mittleman Eye reviews highlight Dr. Vasiliauskas’ professionalism and clear explanations. Patients also appreciate the technician and front desk staff’s kindness and efficiency. Though some mention issues with communication initially, most recommend this eye care center for its excellent, friendly service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at Mittleman Eye were friendly, courteous, and professional. Patients appreciated the warm and welcoming atmosphere created by the staff members.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers commented on the thoroughness of their eye exams at Mittleman Eye. They felt that their eye conditions were carefully diagnosed and explained to them, allowing them to fully understand their eye health. Patients appreciated the time taken by the doctors to answer their questions and provide detailed explanations.
- Clean and well-maintained office: Several reviewers mentioned that they were impressed with the cleanliness and organization of the office at Mittleman Eye. Patients felt comfortable and at ease in the clean environment, which added to their overall positive experience.
Visionworks Palm Beach Outlets
1703 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd Ste B01, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
The majority of reviews for this eye care center praise the helpful, knowledgeable staff. Customers report thorough eye exams and kind doctors. A few negative reviews cite long waits for glasses and communication issues. But most describe a bright, energetic atmosphere.
- Patient and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their eye exams at this eye care center were thorough and the staff took their time, ensuring a comprehensive examination.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers praised the staff for their helpfulness, knowledge, and patience. They mentioned that the staff members were instrumental in helping them find the right frames and providing assistance with selecting glasses that suited their face shape and preferences.
- Fast service and efficient appointments: Several reviewers highlighted the efficiency of their appointments, mentioning that the eye exams were conducted in a timely manner and that the overall process, including selecting frames and ordering glasses, was fast. Additionally, one reviewer stated that their glasses arrived earlier than expected.
Advanced Eyecare Specialists
319 Belvedere Rd STE 1, West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Advanced Eyecare Specialists receives mostly positive reviews, with customers commending the accurate eye exams, professional staff, and extensive frame options. The office is praised for its attentive exams for adults and children. However, one review mentioned denial of service without a mask, and another found contact lens prices high. Overall, satisfied customers highly recommend the practice.
- Accurate eye exams and excellent doctor's consultation
- Wide selection of frames with great assistance in finding the best fit and look
- Friendly and professional staff that provides thorough exams and exceptional customer service
- Caring and accommodating practice with high-tech testing machines
- Dr. Jasper is highly recommended for her kind and patient approach
- Expertise in pediatric eye care, especially with young kids
- Great selection of glasses and helpful staff in choosing the right pair
- Dr. Jasper is praised for her professionalism, care, knowledge, and personal touch
- Friendly and informative staff that takes care of all questions and concerns
- Great support in picking out new glasses, with special mention to Melissa for going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
Edward Beiner Eyewear on Worth Avenue at Palm Beach
150 Worth Ave #161, Palm Beach, FL 33480
Edward Beiner offers an extensive selection of unique imported and domestic frames. Their knowledgeable staff provides professional service focused on quality and satisfaction. Customers praise the friendly staff and array of sunglasses and eyewear options.
- Extensive and unique selection of imported and domestic frames.
- Outstanding and professional service, with a guarantee of quality.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, offering great customer service and assistance in finding the perfect glasses.
SightCraft Eyecare and Custom Optical
540 Northwood Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
SightCraft provides attentive personalized care for routine eye exams and treatment of eye conditions. Their knowledgeable team, led by Dr. Berke, offers a diverse selection of designer eyewear, including custom options, for a comprehensive eye care and eyewear experience.
- Exceptional eye care: Dr. Berke is highly knowledgeable, caring, and thorough, providing quality care to her patients with a personalized approach.
- Wide range of services: SightCraft offers a comprehensive range of eye-related services, including routine eye exams, emergency care, cataract, glaucoma, and more. They also provide contact lens fittings and have a selection of sunglasses available.
- Custom eyewear: With a focus on personalized style, SightCraft offers a vast line of designer eyewear, as well as custom-made frames from BZRK Eyewear and Bespoke Eyewear. The team helps patients find the perfect frames that suit both their prescription and style preferences.
328 Worth Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480
Friedrich’s eye care center is highly recommended for their excellent quality glasses, outstanding customer service, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and extensive selection of stylish frames.
- Top-notch customer service: Multiple reviews mention the amazing customer service provided by the staff at this eye care center, emphasizing their helpfulness and attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and friendliness of the team at this eye care center, noting their ability to provide helpful recommendations and guidance when selecting frames or lenses.
- Wide variety of beautiful frames: Several reviews mention the extensive selection of attractive frames available at this location, making it easier for customers to find the perfect pair of glasses that not only improve their vision but also enhance their style.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.