Best Eye Doctors In Orlando, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Orlando Optometrists in Orlando, Orlando, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Orlando reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Orlando.
Lasik Pro, P.A.
105 Bonnie Loch Ct, Orlando, FL 32806
The eye care center was praised for thorough exams, professional staff, and clear doctor guidance. While most reviews were positive, some mentioned long waits, poor communication, and billing issues.
- Thorough and educational eye exams: Many reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center for providing thorough and informative eye exams. They appreciated the detailed explanations and felt relieved after the exams.
- Top-notch service: Reviewers mentioned that the establishment provided excellent service. The doctors' assistants were knowledgeable and provided good service, and the front desk staff, particularly Gina, was highly praised for their professionalism and reminding patients of their appointments.
- Positive experiences with LASIK surgery: Several reviewers had LASIK surgery at this center and had positive experiences. They mentioned that the doctors, both Dr. Kyle Den Beste and Dr. Brian Den Beste, took great care of them during the surgery and provided clear explanations about the procedure and post-care routines. They also mentioned that the staff and doctors were professional and kind throughout the process.
3016 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
The reviews indicate satisfaction with the staff’s expertise and customer service during eye exams and with selecting eyewear. Julian and Chris receive positive mentions. Customers describe efficient appointments, attentive help choosing glasses and contacts, and an overall friendly experience. This eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Customers consistently mention the fantastic staff and their positive experiences with individuals like Julian, Chris, Mark, and Robespierre. They are praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to assist with all needs.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Numerous reviewers express satisfaction with the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at the location. They appreciate the staff taking the time to explain each step and their commitment to finding the best options. Some even mention the convenience and effectiveness of virtual eye exams.
- Affordable and reasonable prices: Customers appreciate the reasonable prices for eye exams and various eyewear items, including contacts and glasses. This, combined with the helpful and patient assistance from the staff, makes the overall experience highly recommended by many reviewers.
Vision Health Institute
400 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
The Vision Health Institute provides high-quality eye care with modern equipment, a wide selection of frames, and a knowledgeable, friendly staff. Patients commend the thorough eye exams and clean, modern office. Many describe the institute as their top choice for eye exams and eye care needs.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that the eye exams at this facility are thorough and comprehensive, providing a high level of detail in the examination process.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently praise the staff at this eye care center for their professionalism, friendliness, and helpfulness. Many mention specific staff members by name and commend their expertise and attentiveness.
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology: Several reviews mention the top-of-the-line equipment and technology available at this facility. This includes advanced scanning and testing tools, as well as high-tech equipment for contact lens fittings.
Magruder Eye Institute
1911 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
Overall, the eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams and professional staff. The doctors excel in cataract surgery and diabetic eye care. However, some cite long wait times, communication issues, and problems with billing and prescriptions.
- Excellent Eye Exams and Results: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this center are thorough and use state-of-the-art technology, resulting in outstanding vision outcomes for procedures like cataract surgery.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Several reviewers praised the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, mentioning short wait times and adherence to COVID-19 guidelines.
- Top-Notch Care for Diabetic Patients: A diabetic patient mentioned feeling confident in the thoroughness of the eye exams and the ability of the center to detect and take care of potential issues related to their condition.
2933 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
Lifetime Eyecare’s patients laud the office’s cleanliness, organization, and broad selection of stylish, quality eyewear. Patients highlight Dr. Vy’s thorough, professional eye exams and clear communication. They appreciate the staff’s friendliness and excellent customer service that makes them feel valued and well cared for.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Lifetime Eyecare are thorough and comprehensive. Patients appreciate the attention to detail and feel confident in the exam and service they receive.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at Lifetime Eyecare. They appreciate the kindness and patience of both the doctors and the supporting staff members.
- Wide selection of eyewear: Many customers highlight the great selection of glasses at Lifetime Eyecare. They are able to find a variety of styles and options for themselves and their family members.
Lili Lam, O.D. and Associates, P.A.
120 W Grant St, Orlando, FL 32806
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its knowledgeable, friendly staff and thorough eye exams. Patients find the doctors and assistants helpful when selecting new glasses. However, one patient did report insurance issues and long wait times for follow-up appointments. Overall, customers recommend this eye care center for its good service.
- Knowledgeable and patient doctor: The doctors at this eye care center are knowledgeable and take the time to explain everything during the eye exam. They answer questions and provide thorough care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center, including the front office personnel, are friendly, accommodating, and provide great customer service. They assist with selecting glasses frames and navigating prices.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviewers mention that their eye exams were completed in a timely manner, without long wait times. The staff and optometrists are efficient, ensuring a smooth and convenient experience.
Delaney Eye Center
2883 Delaney Ave, Orlando, FL 32806
Dr. Salazar and her team at Delaney Eye Center provide thorough, unrushed eye exams in a modern and comfortable office environment. Patients report feeling well cared for by the knowledgeable and friendly staff. While some note high glasses prices, most describe a positive experience and quality care.
- The eye exams at this center are easy, smooth, and quick, with thorough explanations from Dr. Salazar.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and patient, providing excellent and unhurried service.
- The office is modern and comfortable, with state-of-the-art equipment for a fantastic experience.
120 W Grant St, Orlando, FL 32806
While most reviews highlight the helpful, friendly staff and professional, thorough eye doctors, a few mention issues like incorrect prescriptions, delays in orders, and discourteous service.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is helpful, informative, and kind. They assist customers in choosing frames, answer questions about the eye exam process, and provide a friendly environment.
- Skilled and professional doctors: Customers appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the optometrists. Dr. Lili Lam, in particular, is highly praised for her professionalism, kindness, and informative approach during eye exams.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers mention the great customer service they received at this eye care center. Staff members are described as friendly, genuine, caring, and willing to go the extra mile to help customers. They are knowledgeable about different glasses and lenses options and provide efficient and quick service.
Boutique Eye Orlando
415 Briercliff Dr, Orlando, FL 32806
Boutique Eyes patients report attentive service from courteous staff. However, a few patients cited issues with insurance billing and prescription orders. Dr. Haas receives high marks for professionalism and expertise. Many patients express satisfaction with their experiences and procedure results.
- Courteous and attentive staff: The staff at the eye care center is described as courteous and attentive, creating a positive experience for patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctor: Dr. Haas is praised for his knowledge and professionalism, making patients feel at ease and confident in his ability to provide quality eye care.
- Thorough and caring approach: The staff is commended for their thoroughness and caring approach, taking the time to listen to patients' concerns and provide personalized care.
College Park Eye Care
720 Rugby St # 100, Orlando, FL 32804
College Park Eye Care offers comprehensive eye exams and attentive service from their knowledgeable staff. While some patients had negative experiences, the owner took steps to resolve issues. Most reviewers recommend this practice for their personalized care and professionalism.
- Thorough and Comprehensive Eye Exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided at College Park Eye Care are thorough and comprehensive, going beyond the standard exams. Patients appreciate the level of detail and attention given to their eye health.
- Knowledgeable and Friendly Staff: Numerous reviews highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff at College Park Eye Care. Patients appreciate the professionalism and kindness of the staff, which contributes to a positive experience.
- Addressing Eye Problems and Providing Specialized Care: One review mentions that the clinic provides care for a range of eye problems, including the treatment of Shingles in the eye. In addition to regular eye exams, it seems that College Park Eye Care offers specialized care and expertise in addressing various eye conditions.
519 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
Eola Eyes provides excellent eye care with thorough exams using advanced technology. Their knowledgeable, friendly staff help patients select quality eyewear. The clean, efficient office accommodates special needs. Multiple reviewers highly recommend Eola Eyes.
- Advanced Technology: Customers appreciate the state-of-the-art medical technology used at Eola Eyes for examining their eyes, including fascinating color images of their eyes.
- Excellent Staff: The staff, including doctors and receptionists, receive high praise for their helpfulness and professionalism. They provide quality time and care to patients, making them feel comfortable and valued throughout the eye exam and purchase process.
- Wide Selection of Eyeglasses: Customers mention the good selection of eyeglasses available for purchase at Eola Eyes. They appreciate not feeling overwhelmed when choosing frames, and some even found the best glasses they've ever owned at this location.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.