Best Eye Doctors In Fort Lauderdale, FL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fort Lauderdale Optometrists in Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fort Lauderdale reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Fort Lauderdale.
Aran Eye Associates
2540 NE 9th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Patients appreciate the professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate staff at this eye care center, including receptionists, Dr. Fabrega, and Dr. Corndorf. The clean facilities and overall great atmosphere contribute to positive experiences. Patients often describe short wait times and efficient service.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff, including helpful and compassionate doctors.
- Short wait times and efficient service, with friendly and caring doctors and technicians.
- Clean and comfortable office environment, with a focus on patient needs and clear explanations of procedures.
Broward Eye Care
2502 E Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
Broward Eye Care is highly recommended by most customers for attentive, professional eye exams and a courteous staff. Drs. Bascombe and Panagos stand out for their expertise and care. A small number of reviews cite issues with prescription accuracy and wait times for glasses.
- Highly recommended by previous customers: Customers praised Broward Eye Care for their exceptional service and highly recommended them for eye exams and eye care.
- Top-notch equipment and cutting-edge eye care: The eye care center is outfitted with top-of-the-line equipment and stays up to date with the latest advancements in eye care.
- Friendly and patient staff: The staff at Broward Eye Care was praised for their kindness, patience, and caring attitude towards both adults and children during their eye exams.
True Eye Care & Associates
2500 W Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
The eye care center receives high marks for its friendly staff, clean facilities, comprehensive exams, and prompt service. Dr. Lauren Martinez earns frequent praise for her attentive care. Patients say the center is an excellent choice for eye care.
- Welcoming and helpful staff: Customers appreciate the warm and friendly atmosphere created by the entire staff. They feel welcomed and assisted throughout their visit.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: The eye exams conducted at this location are described as thorough and comprehensive. Customers appreciate the attention to detail and the time taken to address their concerns and answer their questions.
- Fast and efficient service: Customers appreciate the prompt and efficient service provided at this eye care center. They mention minimal wait times and quick turnaround for their eye exams and other vision needs.
Fidler Eye Care
2120 S Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
The eye care center receives high praise for its spacious, immaculate office and Dr. Fidler’s meticulous eye exams. Patients commend the amiable, proficient staff and personalized service. Though trendy eyewear abounds, one customer faced surprise fees. This exemplary facility comes enthusiastically recommended for first-rate care and unparalleled customer experience.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided by Dr. Fidler and the staff at Fidler Eye Care are thorough and comprehensive. The exams include the use of state-of-the-art equipment and detailed explanations of the results.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviews mention the friendly and professional demeanor of both Dr. Fidler and his staff. The staff is described as efficient, accommodating, and providing individualized attention to patients.
- Wide selection of trendy frames: Reviewers appreciate the wide selection of trendy frames available for purchase at Fidler Eye Care. This ensures that patients can find the perfect pair of glasses that suit their style and preferences.
Dr. Judith Schaffer
1744 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305
The majority of reviews praise the eye doctors for their thorough exams, extensive knowledge and compassionate care. Customers also appreciate the clean office and professional staff. However, some experienced long wait times, unclear insurance coverage and high eyeglass costs. In general, customers are satisfied and would recommend this eye care center.
- The doctors at the eye care center, particularly Dr. Schaffer, are highly praised for being thorough, caring, and knowledgeable during eye exams.
- The staff at the center are described as professional, friendly, and helpful, creating a pleasant and comfortable experience for patients.
- The office is clean and well-organized, and the center is praised for its adherence to COVID procedures, making patients feel safe during their eye exams.
Fort Lauderdale Eye Care and Eyewear
1567 S Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Dr. Bearden provides thorough eye exams and detailed explanations at Fort Lauderdale Eye Care. Patients praise her attentive care, tailored recommendations, and modern equipment. The office offers a wide selection of frames and a helpful, friendly staff.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers praise Dr. Bearden for performing the most thorough and comprehensive eye exams they have ever received. She takes the time to explain the results in detail and answer all questions, ensuring patients have a clear understanding of their eye health.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: Customers appreciate the caring and professional demeanor of the staff at Fort Lauderdale Eye Care. They describe the team as friendly, sweet, and accommodating. Reviewers also mention that Dr. Bearden and her staff go above and beyond to provide individualized attention and address concerns during appointments.
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology: Customers highlight the use of state-of-the-art equipment and technology at this eye care center. They appreciate the advanced testing and scanning methods employed by Dr. Bearden, which helps detect early-onset issues like glaucoma. The availability of modern equipment enhances the overall quality and accuracy of the eye exams.
2301 Wilton Dr C1 C1, Wilton Manors, FL 33305
The MyEyeDr office in Wilton Manors receives mostly positive reviews for its kind, respectful staff and pleasant, efficient eye exams. Patients particularly enjoy seeing Dr. Schaefer and Dr. Brauss, who are personable and thorough during visits. One critical review notes issues with insurance coverage and frame selection, advising readers to go elsewhere. In general, reviewers highly recommend this office for its friendly and knowledgeable employees.
- Kind and respectful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being kind and respectful, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and enjoyable eye exams: Patients have praised the optometrists for their thoroughness and making the eye exams a pleasant experience.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers commend the staff for being knowledgeable, helpful, and going above and beyond to assist with insurance issues and frame adjustments.
Radzwill Optometric Associates
2312 E Sunrise Blvd Space B1, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Dr. Radzwill receives positive feedback for his expertise, professionalism, and thorough exam approach. Patients say he clearly explains procedures and provides comprehensive information. A few reviews raise concerns about communication and prescription accuracy, but most recommend Dr. Radzwill for quality eye care.
- Dr. Radzwill is highly knowledgeable, thorough, and professional. He takes the time to explain procedures and ensure his patients fully understand.
- The staff at the eye care center are friendly, welcoming, and provide excellent customer service.
- The eye exams are fast, efficient, and informative. Patients feel comfortable and cared for throughout the process.
2312 E Sunrise Blvd Space B1, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
This eye care center has received largely positive feedback, with customers highlighting the professional and knowledgeable staff. Specific praise went to Joe and another associate for guiding informed choices on lenses and frames. However, some customers noted long wait times, pushy sales tactics, and difficulties with refunds. While optometrists were lauded for expertise, most reviews focused on the friendly, helpful service.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center are praised for their professionalism and knowledge about products and promotions. They work as a seamless team and provide informative recommendations for contact lenses and stylish frames.
- Accommodating and friendly service: Many reviewers appreciate the accommodating and friendly service they received at this location. From the optometrist to the staff members, the overall experience is positive, with staff taking the time to explain test results and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Excellent selection and prices: Customers mention that this eye care center offers a wide selection of frames at excellent prices. They also note that the staff is helpful in explaining the costs of lenses and frames in relation to insurance coverage.
908 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Hip Optical receives positive reviews for their affordable pricing, extensive designer frame selection, fast service, and exceptional customer care from knowledgeable staff. Customers cite friendly opticians like Dayana and Michael for providing an excellent experience.
- Excellent value: Customers consistently mention that Hip Optical offers amazing value for the cost of their glasses, with high-quality frames and lenses that rival or exceed those of more expensive brands.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praise the staff at Hip Optical for being friendly, personable, and helpful. They provide excellent customer service, answering questions, offering suggestions, and facilitating a smooth and pleasant experience.
- Fast turnaround time: Several customers mention that their glasses were ready for pick-up within a day or two of placing their order. This quick turnaround time is a positive aspect for those who need their glasses promptly.
SCHWARTZ EYE ASSOCIATES
1380 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Dr. Schwartz offers professional, efficient, and friendly service at his eye care center. Patients value the convenience of same-day eye exams, prescriptions, and glasses purchases. However, one patient complained of poor communication and attentiveness from a staff member. Overall, Dr. Schwartz is a knowledgeable, caring, and thorough eye care provider.
- Convenient one-stop shop: The eye care center offers both eye exams and a wide selection of eyewear, making it easy for patients to get everything they need in one place.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews praise the staff for their politeness, efficiency, and professionalism, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrist: Dr. Schwartz is described as friendly, kind, and informative, with a thorough approach to eye exams. He takes the time to listen to patients and explain any concerns, creating a sense of trust and safety.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Florida
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Florida reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Florida, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Florida
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Florida.
- The In Florida in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.6% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.06% of the general population. and In Florida in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.89%) compared to the overall population (6.06%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.83%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Florida
- In Florida, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Florida
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.57% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Florida face even higher rates at 7.92%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Florida
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Florida.
- 13.6% of those with diabetes and 8.89% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Florida
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.48% of children in Florida having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Florida
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Florida.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.