Best LASIK Surgeon In Fort Collins, CO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fort Collins LASIK Surgeons in Fort Collins, Fort Collins, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fort Collins reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Fort Collins.
CS LASIK Institute
9320 Grand Cordera Pkwy #255, Colorado Springs, CO 80924
CS Lasik receives consistently positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and expert, thorough service. Patients report quick, easy procedures with minimal discomfort afterwards. Many enthusiastically recommend the practice for its professional, caring approach that provides life-changing results.
- Highly organized staff who are knowledgeable and provide clear explanations of procedures, risks, and healing processes.
- Personalized care with post-operative check-ins and appointments with experienced doctors who understand concerns and provide thorough evaluation and information.
- Friendly and accommodating staff who provide a calming and welcoming environment throughout the procedure and recovery process.
3155 N Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Skyline Lasik patients consistently describe the staff as knowledgeable, friendly, and supportive. Dr. Chang's surgical skills and reassuring manner earn consistent praise. The latest technology ensures effective vision correction, with most patients achieving 20/20 or better. Though prices are on the higher end, patients report the quality of care and life-changing results are well worth the investment.
- Thorough examination process and availability to answer questions
- Use of latest and most innovative technology, including topography mapping for accurate correction in astigmatism
- Life-changing results with improved vision, including 20/15 and 20/20 vision, and improved night driving ability.
Cutarelli Vision - Fort Collins
2105 Bighorn Dr STE 106, Fort Collins, CO 80525
The lasik surgeon practice is highly recommended for its professional, kind staff and excellent surgical outcomes like 20/20 vision, brighter colors, clearer reading, and improved outdoor experiences. Patients describe quick healing and great convenience. While a small minority had complications, most reviews are overwhelmingly positive.
- Friendly and professional staff, provides knowledgeable and thorough explanations of the procedure and aftercare.
- Quick and painless procedure with impressive and immediate results. Patients report 20/20 vision the day after surgery.
- Competitive pricing and flexible payment options, as well as a lifetime plan to ensure continued care and satisfaction.
InSight Vision Group and LASIK
1440 28th St Suite 2, Boulder, CO 80303
Patients consistently compliment InSight Vision Group's caring and attentive staff, from receptionists to surgeons, who thoroughly explain procedures and answer all questions. Patients report high satisfaction with cataract surgeries, LASIK procedures, comprehensive eye exams, and the resulting improved vision and reduced reliance on glasses or contacts.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent customer service and ensure patients feel comfortable and confident before, during, and after procedures.
- Exceptionally skilled and experienced surgeons who offer a range of procedures, including cataract surgery, PRK, and LASIK, and use advanced technology to ensure precision and positive outcomes.
- Compassionate and caring staff who go above and beyond to accommodate patients' needs and schedules, provide informative and thorough consultations and follow-up care, and make the overall experience feel welcoming, easy, and life-changing.
7440 W Alaska Dr, Lakewood, CO 80226
Patients reported an exceptionally positive experience with the lasik surgeon practice. They described a friendly, professional staff who eased nerves during the procedure. Many saw improved vision and called the surgery life-changing. Patients appreciated the quick, painless process and the knowledgeable, caring doctors. The staff's warm, attentive manner and their patience addressing questions were also praised.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mentioned how the staff at the lasik surgeon practice were incredibly kind, comforting, and made patients feel like they were special. They were described as friendly, upbeat, and accommodating, helping patients feel safe and comfortable throughout the process.
- Great outcome and results: Many reviews highlighted the excellent outcome and results of their lasik procedures. Several patients mentioned that they achieved perfect or near-perfect vision and experienced life-changing results. Some even mentioned being able to see clearly within a day or two after the procedure.
- Quick and painless procedure: The lasik surgery itself was described as quick, painless, and easy by multiple reviewers. Patients mentioned feeling confident and calm on the day of the procedure, thanks to the surgeon and nursing staff who answered all their questions and provided thorough explanations. The quick and seamless process made the experience enjoyable for many patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4100 E Mississippi Ave Suite 105 A, Glendale, CO 80246
The majority of reviews praise this lasik surgeon's friendly staff, smooth procedures, and great surgical outcomes. However, a small number of reviews cite issues with customer service, communication, and negative results. While largely well-regarded, those considering surgery here should weigh these isolated poor experiences.
- Excellent customer service and friendly staff
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors
- Smooth and quick procedure with successful outcomes
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.