Best Eye Doctors In Fort Collins, CO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fort Collins Optometrists in Fort Collins, Fort Collins, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fort Collins reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Fort Collins.
Eye Center of Northern Colorado
1725 E Prospect Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80525
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their knowledgeable and friendly doctors and staff. Patients appreciate the careful, painless exams and having their eye health explained. Many find it convenient to have eyeglasses available on-site.
- The doctors and staff at the Eye Center of Northern Colorado are knowledgeable, friendly, and provide thorough eye exams.
- They have a wide selection of glasses available on-site, making it convenient to fill your prescription and find frames and lenses.
- The Eye Center of Northern Colorado is known for their expertise in identifying underlying medical conditions during eye exams, providing comprehensive care.
1820 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Customers appreciate the friendly service and helpful staff at this eye care center. Patients report positive experiences with the doctors and salespeople. Many mention exceptional service from specific staff. Customers like the quick turnaround for glasses and good value from affordable prices and deals. Highly recommended for exams and purchasing eyewear.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being nice, welcoming, and attentive. They provide assistance in selecting glasses and work with customers throughout the eye exam process.
- Quick service and same-day glasses: Many customers appreciate the fast turnaround time for their eye exams and the ability to get their glasses on the same day. This can be a convenient feature for those in need of immediate eyewear.
- Great value and pricing: Several reviewers mention the affordability and great deals offered by EyeMart Express. Customers appreciate the reasonable pricing for eye exams and the option to purchase multiple pairs of glasses at a discounted price.
Poudre Valley Eyecare
1820 S College Ave Suite B, Fort Collins, CO 80525
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. A few customers cited issues with incorrect prescriptions and rude office staff, though positive feedback predominated.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough eye exams, ensuring a comprehensive assessment of their vision health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff members, who made the experience comfortable and enjoyable for both adults and children.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers appreciated the efficient and helpful customer service provided by the eye care center, including assistance with frame and lens selection, affordable options, and accommodating insurance coverage.
Mountain View Eye Specialists
2111 Custer Dr, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Patients appreciated the thorough eye exams and clear explanations provided by Drs. Kelly and Amy. The office staff earned high marks for their helpfulness and outstanding service. However, one review cited billing problems and discourteous front desk staff.
- Highly skilled and compassionate doctors (Dr. Kelly and Dr. Amy) who provide thorough eye exams and take the time to understand their patients' vision needs.
- Excellent customer service and patient care, with a friendly and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to assist with insurance coverage, frame selection, and addressing concerns.
- Convenient Saturday morning hours and willingness to accommodate urgent eye care needs, making it a reliable choice for both routine and emergency eye appointments.
Jackson Eye Care
1250 E Magnolia St, Fort Collins, CO 80524
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews, with customers highlighting the knowledgeable and caring staff, comprehensive eye exams, and affordable pricing, especially for uninsured patients. Though a few noted issues with a rude receptionist, the majority describe a recommended, professional, and friendly eye care center.
- The entire Jackson Eye Care Team provides a fantastic experience with their knowledgeable expertise, sincere care, and friendly demeanor. Patients feel like they are with family and friends.
- Dr. Jackson is thorough, professional, and takes the time to explain his findings clearly. He has a great personality and provides a fun and enjoyable eye exam experience.
- The office has state-of-the-art scanners and equipment, offering the most comprehensive eye exam in the area. They go above and beyond in instilling confidence and ensuring the highest level of care for their patients.
2407 S College Ave Unit 300, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Reviews of this eye care center were mixed. While some customers had negative experiences including appointment issues, overcharging, incorrect prescriptions, and poor service, others praised the center’s online scheduling, helpful staff, thorough exams, quick service, insurance coordination, and frame selection.
- Polite and helpful staff members who provide thorough eye exams and assist in finding the right glasses.
- Large selection of frames to choose from and knowledgeable staff who can help navigate insurance protocols.
706 S College Ave #101, Fort Collins, CO 80524
The first review mentions frustration with poorly made glasses not matching promises. The second describes a highly frustrating experience including prescription miscommunication and no refund. Several praise Dr. Bryant and staff for friendliness, thorough exams, quality affordable products, and accommodating service. Others appreciate the soothing atmosphere, fashionable frames, and community involvement. However a few reviews cite negative experiences like incorrect scheduling, unresolved prescription issues, and swollen eyes. Overall the reviews reveal some frustrations but mostly positive experiences at Edge Optics with friendly knowledgeable staff providing quality eye care.
- Friendly and thorough staff: Multiple reviews highlight the kindness and professionalism of the staff and doctors at Edge Optics. They are described as helpful, patient, and knowledgeable.
- Quality products and selection: Customers mention the availability of high-quality frames from top eyewear brands. The store offers a wide variety of styles to choose from, making it easy to find a pair that suits individual preferences.
- Child-friendly environment: Edge Optics is praised for its kid-friendly waiting area and the ability to make children feel comfortable during eye exams. The staff is patient and takes the time to explain procedures to children, making their first eye exam a positive experience.
20/20 Vision Center
3501 S Shields St, Fort Collins, CO 80526
This eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff, thorough eye exams, and knowledgeable doctors. Patients describe the doctors as professional and informative about overall eye health. Many also appreciate the staff’s assistance in selecting and adjusting frames.
- Thorough and educational eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and informative, with the doctors taking the time to answer questions and discuss treatment options.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers consistently praise the helpful and friendly staff, mentioning that they go above and beyond to ensure comfort and satisfaction during the visit.
- Top-notch eye care: Several reviews mention that the center provides excellent eye care, with knowledgeable doctors and state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring that patients' eyes are checked using the latest technology.
Spring Creek Eye Care
3100 S College Ave #120, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Customers consistently commend Dr. De La Garza and her staff at the eye care center for their professionalism, friendliness, and thorough exams. Many say she is the best eye doctor they’ve visited. Reviews highlight the comfortable, pleasant exam experience. There is one critique of management and scheduling, but most customers enthusiastically recommend this center.
- Highly professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is professional, friendly, and helpful. Customers feel well taken care of during their visits.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness and clarity of the eye exams conducted at this location. Customers appreciate the time and effort the optometrists take to explain the results and educate them about their eye health.
- Great patient care and comfort: Patients feel comfortable and at ease during their eye exams. The office maintains a friendly and engaging atmosphere, helping to alleviate any nervousness. The staff is described as kind and cordial, making the overall experience enjoyable.
Foothills Vision and Eye Care
712 Whalers Way Unit A 210, Fort Collins, CO 80525
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for the professional thoroughness of Drs. Skrdla and Haugen and the friendliness of the staff. A few reviewers report feeling pressured to purchase glasses or issues with prescriptions, though these appear to be uncommon. In general, patients recommend the eye care center.
- Highly competent and thorough optometrists: Reviewers consistently mention that both Dr. Skrdla and Dr. Haugen are thorough, knowledgeable, and provide exceptional care during eye exams.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at Foothills Vision & Eye Care are friendly, helpful, and make patients feel welcome.
- No pressure to buy glasses: One reviewer specifically mentions that there was no pressure to purchase glasses and that the doctors even printed off the prescription without being asked.
Fort Collins Family Eye Care
373 W Drake Rd #3, Fort Collins, CO 80526
Patients consistently describe Dr. Munson and her staff as personable, caring, and attentive during thorough eye exams. Her knowledge and use of advanced technology contribute to positive experiences.
- Dr. Munson and her team are personable and make patients feel like a part of the family.
- The clinic has advanced technology and a proactive approach to eye care, focusing on prevention and early detection of eye diseases.
702 W Drake Rd BLDG B, Fort Collins, CO 80526
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors like Lisa Schnyder and Christopher Eddy. Patients also appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and smooth, professional visits.
- Thorough and spot-on eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Quick and efficient service
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Colorado
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.25% of people aged 40-64 and 4.68% of people aged 65+ in Colorado experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Colorado, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Colorado
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Colorado.
- The In Colorado in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was significantly higher at 8.24% compared to the overall percentage of 2.91%, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 5%. and In Colorado in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.27%) compared to the overall population (2.91%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.36%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Colorado
- In Colorado, 2.91% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Colorado
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.75% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.25% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Colorado face even higher rates at 4.68%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Colorado
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Colorado.
- 8.24% of those with diabetes and 5.27% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Colorado
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.24% of children in Colorado having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.13% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Colorado
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 2.91% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Colorado.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.