Best LASIK Surgeon In San Jose, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 120 LASIK Surgeons in San Jose, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 20366 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in San Jose.
NVISION Eye Centers - Torrance
23550 Hawthorne Blvd #220, Torrance, CA 90505
The majority of reviewers have had a positive experience with the lasik surgery and staff at this practice. Many have mentioned the professionalism and friendliness of staff, as well as the clarity and ease of the consultation process. Patients have reported feeling comfortable and well-informed throughout the procedure and have been pleased with their results. Some reviewers have expressed frustration with long wait times, disorganization, and difficulty communicating with coordinators. However, overall, the majority of patients recommend this practice for lasik surgeries.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff with great customer service.
- Experienced and skilled doctors who are able to perform procedures quickly, resulting in better vision with little discomfort.
- Clear and informative consultations that give patients confidence and understanding of the procedures involved.
11600 Wilshire Blvd #200, Los Angeles, CA 90025
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who praised the staff's calming and friendly demeanor, and the doctors' meticulous attention to detail. Patients repeatedly noted that the procedure was fast, painless and led to dramatically improved vision. They praised the doctors for being both expert and compassionate, and the entire staff for providing a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Several patients remarked that the procedure changed their lives and they regretted not having done it sooner.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and creates a calming atmosphere that helps patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- The surgeons are experts in their field and pay meticulous attention to detail during the procedure to ensure the best possible outcome for each patient.
- The surgery itself is quick, painless, and boasts long-lasting results. Many patients report 20/15 vision the day after surgery, and the staff provides attentive post-op care to ensure the best possible healing experience.
ALLEN L. BEEDE, O.D. & LISA Y. SHIROISHI, O.D.
240 Meridian Ave #3, San Jose, CA 95126
Drs. Beede and Shiroishi, along with their staff, are highly recommended for their professional and personal care, friendly atmosphere and efficient service. Patients appreciate their knowledge, patience, thoroughness and attention to detail, as well as their ability to explain complex issues in accessible terms. They also value the convenience of their online appointment system, the transparency of their pricing and the quality of their equipment. Overall, they provide a solid and trustworthy experience that puts patients at ease and ensures their eye health is in good hands.
- Dr. Beede and Dr. Shiroishi are both knowledgeable, friendly, and thorough in their eye exams.
- The staff is helpful and professional, with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- The office is clean and well-maintained, with up-to-date equipment and technology for eye exams and treatments.
Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley
606 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA 95129
Customers have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with the lasik surgeons at Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley. Many have praised the staff's professionalism, the fast and painless surgery, and the amazing improvement in their vision. Many have also noted how friendly and knowledgeable the doctors and staff were, and some have even called their service life-changing. Some specific procedures that garnered positive reviews are ICL and Complete Lens Replacement surgery, as well as SMILE and Evo ICL. Overall, reviewers of Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley are highly satisfied with their results and recommend the surgeons to anyone considering lasik.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff.
- Quick, painless and efficient procedures with a great track record of success.
- Life-changing results and improved quality of life for patients.
IQ Laser Vision - Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
$500 off if you mention Vision Center
Reviews generally speak highly of the IQ Laser Vision practice for their lasik procedures. Patients specifically praise their SMILE procedure, commending the staff for their thoroughness and clear explanations of the process. Many have described the entire process as easy and relatively painless. Dr. Phan is specifically noted for his expertise and care during the SMILE procedure. Some patients also commend the staff's communication and follow up after the procedure.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors who perform a variety of procedures, including SMILE and LASIK.
- Thorough preoperative visits with friendly and informative staff who answer all questions about the procedure and recovery.
- Excellent results with many patients reporting improved vision and the ability to see without glasses or contacts.
LaserVue Eye Center
3540 Mendocino Ave #200, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Dr. Bansal and his team at Laservue Eye Center in Santa Rosa are highly professional, skilled, kind, and offer a comfortable and reassuring environment. Patients have had successful and life-altering experiences with a range of procedures, including LASIK, SMILE, and cataract surgeries, resulting in clear and corrected vision without glasses or contacts. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the cost is affordable with 0% financing options available. A few negative reviews mention concerns that were not properly addressed or equipment comfort, but overall, patients express immense gratitude and satisfaction with their experiences.
- Highly skilled and professional staff who handle nervous patients with care and attention throughout the process, ensuring a comfortable setting and instilling confidence in the procedure.
- Dr. Bansal has a lot of experience in performing refractive lens replacement surgery, LASIK, SMILE, and advanced laser cataract surgeries, with many reviews commending his bedside manner and thoroughness in taking measurements, leading to successful outcomes.
- The Laservue Eye Center offers state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, with a friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent aftercare services to ensure patients' healing progress and vision quality. Their pricing is affordable with financing options available.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article