Best LASIK Surgeon In San Francisco, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed San Francisco LASIK Surgeons in San Francisco, San Francisco, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze San Francisco reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in San Francisco.
LaserVue Eye Center
711 Van Ness Ave Suite 320, San Francisco, CA 94102
Patients consistently describe positive experiences with LASIK surgery at LaserVue Eye Center, especially the SMILE procedure. Patients emphasize the friendly, knowledgeable staff, minimal discomfort, and dramatic vision improvement. Doctors Bansal and Barnes receive acclaim for their surgical skill and bedside manner. Many report life-changing outcomes and encourage those considering vision correction to choose LaserVue Eye Center.
- Exceptional professionalism, expertise, and personalized care from the entire team, including Dr. Bansal and Dr. Barnes
- Minimal discomfort during and after the procedure, with thorough post-operative instructions and follow-up care to ensure a smooth recovery
- Life-changing results, with patients experiencing improvement in vision ranging from 20/20 to better than 20/20, and a significant reduction in reliance on glasses and contacts
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
Current Specials: Free Lasik Consultation
Patients speak highly of Dr. Mandel and his knowledgeable, friendly staff. They provide excellent support throughout the lasik process. Many patients have successful procedures and improved vision. A few note challenges contacting the office or achieving their desired visual acuity.
- Highly skilled and professional surgeon and staff
- Excellent customer service and patient care
- Positive, comfortable experience with surgery and post-operative recovery
Pacific Vision Institute
1 Daniel Burnham Ct Suite 170-C, San Francisco, CA 94109
Pacific Vision Institute and Dr. Ella Faktorovich come highly recommended for LASIK surgery. Patients report exceptional professionalism, extensive knowledge, and surgical expertise. The procedure is efficient and comfortable. Postoperative care is comprehensive. The majority of patients achieve 20/20 vision or better with LASIK or PRK and describe the results as transformative.
- Highly experienced and qualified surgeon, Dr. Faktorovich, with thousands of successful procedures completed.
- Professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff that provide top-notch patient care from the moment of consultation, through the surgery, and post-op care.
- High success rate with life-changing results, including achieving 20/20 or better vision, even for those with severe nearsightedness and astigmatism.
IQ Laser Vision – Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
$500 off if you mention Vision Center
Patients reported life-changing vision correction from IQ Laser Vision’s SMILE and LASIK. Dr. Phan’s expertise and staff’s helpfulness were praised. Though some delays occurred, patients felt well-cared for. Post-procedure instructions and follow-up were appreciated. Many were grateful for clear vision without glasses or contacts.
- Experienced doctors – multiple reviews mentioned the expertise and experience of the doctors, specifically mentioning Dr. Lin, Dr. Tran, and Dr. Phan.
- Advanced technology – the practice offers advanced procedures such as SMILE that have faster healing times and improved adverse effects compared to traditional LASIK.
- Attentive and informative staff – many reviews praised the staff for being informative, caring, and attentive throughout the entire process, from consultations to follow-up appointments.
LaserVue Eye Center
1174 Castro St #112, Mountain View, CA 94040
The Laservue eye center receives highly positive reviews for Dr. Bansal’s LASIK surgery. Patients describe friendly, professional staff who ensure a comfortable, personalized experience. Most achieve 20/20 vision or better from the minimally invasive procedure. Many recommend Laservue and Dr. Bansal for their attentive care, clear communication, and excellent surgical outcomes.
- Highly professional and friendly staff that provide comprehensive information about the procedure and aftercare.
- Quick and painless procedure with amazing results that exceed patients' expectations.
- The Lasik surgeon and team is accommodating with scheduling, provides affordable pricing and financing options, and offers convenient follow-up appointments to ensure a smooth recovery.
Laser Eye Center East Bay
5790 Stoneridge Mall Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Patients visiting Dr. Bindi’s Laser Eye Center of the East Bay report efficient, relatively painless procedures with quick recovery times. Patients found the staff professional, friendly and helpful in guiding them through the LASIK process. Many now wish they’d undergone the surgery sooner, calling it life-changing.
- Pain-free procedure with quick and easy recovery
- Highly professional and knowledgeable doctor and staff
- Clear and thorough patient education and support throughout the process
Daniel F Goodman Md
2211 Bush St 2nd floor, San Francisco, CA 94115
Goodman Eye Center’s LASIK surgeon practice has largely received positive feedback, with patients citing professional, attentive staff, comprehensive consultations, and successfully restored vision. While many recommend their services for LASIK and cataracts, some reviewers have expressed concerns regarding unnecessary upselling and poor customer service.
- Thorough and Professional: Dr. Goodman and his team are very thorough and professional, taking the time to explain all treatment options and addressing any concerns about risks involved.
- Excellent Results: Many patients have reported excellent results from LASIK surgery performed by Dr. Goodman, with a significant improvement in vision and the ability to see without glasses or contact lenses.
- Compassionate and Caring: Dr. Goodman and his staff are reported to be compassionate and caring, taking the time to listen to patient concerns and answering questions throughout the entire treatment process.
ScottHyver Visioncare – An IQ Laser Vision Partner
2001 Junipero Serra Blvd #161, Daly City, CA 94014
Patients speak highly of Dr. Hyver’s expertise, professionalism, and outstanding results with LASIK procedures. They describe the surgery as fast and comfortable with staff being friendly, informative and attentive during examinations, procedures, and follow-up care. Though cost and personalized attention were noted concerns for some, most patients report an exceptional experience overall and enthusiastically recommend Dr. Hyver for vision correction in the Bay Area.
- Highly recommended by previous patients for their competent and experienced surgeons, professional and friendly staff, and outstanding results.
- Efficient and smooth process from initial consultation to surgery and follow-up appointments.
- Compassionate and caring approach towards patient's well-being, even referring them to other specialists if they are not a candidate for LASIK.
Goodman Eye Center
2211 Bush St 2nd floor, San Francisco, CA 94115
The Lasik surgeon practice received positive feedback from patients praising Drs. Shen and Goodman for their expertise, professionalism, and excellent surgical outcomes. However, some expressed concerns about appointment wait times and a focus on profit over patient care.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable staff - Dr. Shen and Dr. Goodman are both praised for their expertise and their ability to patiently explain procedures and options to patients.
- Exceptional customer service - Many reviewers mention the staff's professionalism, punctuality, friendliness, and comforting demeanor during the LASIK process.
- Excellent results - Numerous patients achieved better than 20/20 vision and were delighted with the outcome of their LASIK procedure, including those who also had cataracts corrected.
Dr. Ella G. Faktorovich, MD
1 Daniel Burnham Ct Suite 170-C, San Francisco, CA 94109
Dr. Ella G. Faktorovich’s lasik surgery practice is highly regarded for its competent, expert, and professional team that utilizes modern technology. Patients consistently achieve excellent vision correction results without glasses or contacts thanks to the practice’s meticulous pre-operative screening and post-operative follow-up care, earning years of patient trust and loyalty.
- Dr. Faktorovich is an expert surgeon with exceptional skills and expertise in LASIK surgery, having helped countless celebrities and patients achieve 20/20, 20/15, and even 15/20 vision.
- The staff at Pacific Vision Institute is professional, competent, caring, and committed to their patients' comfort and satisfaction. They guide patients through every step of the process, from pre-op screening to post-operative care.
- The practice uses up-to-date technology and equipment and provides extensive pre-op screening to ensure that only patients who are most likely to have great results undergo the procedure. Life without glasses or contacts is life-changing, and PVI offers that opportunity to those who qualify.
UC Berkeley Refractive Surgery Center
Minor Hall, 200, Berkeley, CA 94720
The Lasik surgery center at UC Berkeley has garnered mostly positive reviews from patients, who appreciated the professionalism, expertise, and kindness of the staff. Patients reported good vision outcomes and lauded the clear explanations and efficiency of the process. A minority of reviews cited issues with communication and post-op dryness, but overall patients recommend this practice for prospective Lasik patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff who explain the procedure clearly and communicate well with patients.
- Advanced technology, including bladeless and Wavefront Lasik, which resulted in successful outcomes for many patients.
- Thorough evaluations and appointments to identify any potential issues, ensuring patient safety and prime candidacy for the procedure.
Dr. Bernd M. Kutzscher, MD
1850 Sullivan Ave # 540, Daly City, CA 94015
Dr. Kutzscher receives consistent positive feedback for his extensive experience, attentiveness, and supportive staff. Performing LASIK at the state-of-the-art Stanford Eye Center, he offers transparent pricing with no hidden fees. His patients are satisfied with their vision results.
- All surgeries performed at Stanford's top-notch facility.
- Fair and straightforward pricing structure with no hidden costs.
- Dr. Kutzscher and his team are responsive, caring and create an environment of safety and trust for patients.
Batra Vision Medical Group – Berkeley
3000 Colby St STE 105, Berkeley, CA 94705
The lasik surgeon practice receives mostly positive feedback regarding appointment availability, pre and post-op care, and Dr. Batra’s expertise. The only criticisms relate to office staff and one patient reporting worse vision after their procedure.
- Quick and easy Lasik procedure that resulted in great vision for multiple patients, including the reviewer themselves and their family and friends
- Dr. Batra is professional, competent, and thorough, taking the time to properly prepare patients for the Lasik procedure and other eye-related services
- Competitively priced services, along with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and professional staff that accommodated same-day appointments and provided useful samples
Eyecare Associates of San Francisco
595 Buckingham Way #448, San Francisco, CA 94132
Dr. Tan receives positive feedback for his professionalism, clear communication, and ongoing support throughout the lasik process. Patients say he thoroughly explains the risks and benefits before surgery. He provides helpful guidance during recovery. His affordable pricing and inclusive costs also draw praise.
- Dr. Tan is affordable compared to other LASIK surgeons.
- Dr. Tan is thorough in addressing any concerns, medical or financial, and responds promptly to emails.
- Patients have experienced good results and improved vision after their surgery with Dr. Tan.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.