Best LASIK Surgeon In San Diego, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed San Diego LASIK Surgeons in San Diego, San Diego, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze San Diego reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in San Diego.
One to One LASIK, an NVISION Eye Center
3737 Moraga Ave Suite A-105, San Diego, CA 92117
One-to-One Lasik provides attentive and thoughtful consultations. Their knowledgeable doctors and staff take time to explain all treatment options. Patients praise the practice for organization, prompt service, and a courteous atmosphere. Many recommend Dr. Pillar and Dr. Feldman for their expertise and compassion performing Lasik and cataract surgery.
- Highly qualified doctors and staff provide attentive and thorough examination and explanation of eye conditions, treatments, and procedures, making patients feel truly cared for.
- The practice is well-organized and run, with no or relatively short wait times, making appointments fast and easy.
- The practice utilizes state-of-the-art technology, is knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly, and provides outstanding, personalized eye care, including Lasik and cataract surgery.
San Diego Eye & Laser Center, an NVISION Eye Center
2773, 3075 Health Center Dr #403, San Diego, CA 92123
The Lasik surgeon practice receives stellar reviews for their friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients frequently mention Dr. Simons for his expertise with cataract and LASIK surgeries. While some note billing or wait time issues, positive feedback predominates. Patients consistently cite the practice's excellent eye care and attentive service.
- Efficient and helpful staff that make patients feel at ease
- Thorough and compassionate doctors who provide excellent care and surgeries
- Wide selection of frames and expert optician services for patients who need glasses
NVISION Eye Centers - San Diego
3655 Nobel Dr Suite 130, San Diego, CA 92122
NVISION patients consistently describe exceptional experiences, noting the surgeons' professionalism and attentive care. Most achieve excellent outcomes like 20/20 vision without glasses. Knowledgeable, thorough staff guide patients through the process efficiently. Patients strongly recommend NVISION for LASIK and cataract surgeries.
- Highly competent and exceptional surgeons who can work with complex cases, such as severe dry eye and previous over-correction.
- Excellent customer service and friendly staff who provide a comforting and informative atmosphere, from the consultation to procedure day.
- Successful outcomes with patients reporting life-changing experiences and amazing results, including achieving better than 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts.
Clearview Eye and Laser Medical Center
6255 Lusk Blvd #100, San Diego, CA 92121
Patients consistently praise Clearview Eye and Laser's professional, knowledgeable staff and Dr. Feldman's friendly and thorough care. The state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional service and safe, life-changing LASIK with excellent outcomes. Many patients see 20/20 or better and wish they'd had the procedure sooner.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, patient and professional, making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire LASIK process.
- Dr. Sandy T. Feldman is experienced, knowledgeable and takes the time to answer all patient questions and concerns, while also looking at overall eye health before recommending personalized treatment.
- Experienced surgeons use state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure precise and accurate results in a successful, quick and painless procedure.
San Diego Lasik Institute
2020 Camino Del Rio N #808, San Diego, CA 92108
The San Diego Lasik Institute patients reported feeling at ease during their procedures thanks to Dr. Pham's clear communication. Many patients achieved excellent vision, with some seeing 20/15 or 20/20 immediately after surgery. Patients appreciated the educational and accommodating staff.
- Skilled and professional staff who put patients at ease
- Excellent communication and clear explanations of the process and aftercare instructions
- High success rate with patients achieving 20/20 or better vision, even with high prescriptions and complicated cases.
Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute
4130 La Jolla Village Dr UNIT 300, San Diego, CA 92037
The Gordon Schanzlin Institute's LASIK patients report mostly positive experiences, including friendly staff, successful surgeries, and attentive care. However, some patients faced poor communication, unclear instructions, unsatisfactory outcomes, or complications. Reviews are mixed overall.
- Thorough consultation and helpful staff, even for non-candidates.
- Excellent results and fast recovery from surgery.
- Professional and friendly staff, state-of-the-art equipment, and efficient procedures.
8881 Fletcher Pkwy Suite 395, La Mesa, CA 91942
The lasik surgeon's staff provides a comfortable, efficient experience. Patients report quick, painless surgeries and clear vision within hours. Patients highly recommend this practice for its excellent service and facilities.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff that make patients feel safe and walk them through every step of the process.
- Quick, painless, and life-changing surgery with results that often allow patients to see 20/20 or better.
- Competitive pricing and financing options available, making it accessible to those who may not have the funds for the procedure.
9710 Scranton Rd UNIT 170, San Diego, CA 92121
Patients highly recommend Dr. Motwani and the Cornea Revolution team for Lasik surgery, citing his expertise and attentive care. Multiple patients said he ensured their comfort and understanding during the procedure. Many who had vision problems for years could finally see clearly after Dr. Motwani’s treatment. Patients are grateful for the life-changing results and service from him and his staff.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled surgeon with expertise in various eye conditions, including LASIK laser vision correction, keratoconus corneal reconstruction, radial keratotomy corneal reconstruction, repair of traumatic/infectious scars, and repair of past LASIK/PRK. Many patients have reported life-changing results after their procedures.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide top-notch service and support, making the entire experience less stressful and more comfortable for patients.
- Offers a variety of eye corrective procedures, including Lasik, PRK, and corneal reconstruction, along with post-surgery appointments to ensure the best possible outcome and long-term results. Dr. Motwani takes the time to understand each patient's unique situation and works closely with them throughout the process, including follow-up care.
Mosaic Eye Specialists
3555 Rosecrans St #107-B, San Diego, CA 92110
Mosaic Eye Specialists is highly recommended for lasik and other eye surgeries. Patients describe Drs. Dao and Eck as professional, expert, and caring. The office features a comfortable, state-of-the-art environment. Doctors provide thorough explanations and achieve successful outcomes for procedures like PRK, cataracts, and lasik.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled doctors with state-of-the-art equipment
- Caring and professional staff
- Extensive personalized care and attention to detail
One to One Lasik: Dr. Angelique Pillar
3737 Moraga Ave Suite A-105, San Diego, CA 92117
Dr. Pillar provides exceptional eye care with Lasik and cataract surgeries yielding successful results. Her personable and knowledgeable staff thoroughly guide patients through procedures. Patients commend her caring and accommodating manner, especially during emergencies. Her practice promotes a professional yet welcoming atmosphere.
- Dr. Pillar and her staff are personable, helpful, and patient.
- The entire staff is accommodating and professional.
- Dr. Pillar has an extensive and current knowledge about the latest procedures and is truly incredible.
Dr. Tony H. Pham, MD
2020 Camino Del Rio N, San Diego, CA 92108
Dr. Pham's LASIK patients describe knowledgeable, friendly staff who communicate well and provide comfortable, professional care. Many patients achieved 20/20 vision and considered their surgery a positive decision.
- Friendly and informative staff
- Professional and experienced surgeon
- Efficient appointments and quick recovery time with excellent post-op care
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.