Best LASIK Surgeon In San Diego, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 165 LASIK Surgeons in San Diego, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2188 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in San Diego.
One to One LASIK, an NVISION Eye Center
3737 Moraga Ave Suite A-105, San Diego, CA 92117
One-to-One Lasik has excellent staff and doctors who take the time to carefully examine patients' eyes and explain all treatments, including pros and cons of eyewear and contacts. The practice has a high level of organization and efficiency, prompt and thorough service, and a friendly and courteous environment. Many patients highly recommend Dr. Pillar and Dr. Feldman for their expertise, compassion, and professionalism in performing cataract surgery and Lasik.
- Highly qualified doctors and staff provide attentive and thorough examination and explanation of eye conditions, treatments, and procedures, making patients feel truly cared for.
- The practice is well-organized and run, with no or relatively short wait times, making appointments fast and easy.
- The practice utilizes state-of-the-art technology, is knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly, and provides outstanding, personalized eye care, including Lasik and cataract surgery.
San Diego Eye & Laser Center, an NVISION Eye Center
2773, 3075 Health Center Dr #403, San Diego, CA 92123
The Lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients, with many praising the staff for making them feel at ease and for being friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. Patients have also expressed satisfaction with the quality of the care they received, particularly from Dr. Simons, mentioning cataract and LASIK surgeries in particular. Some reviewers have noted concerns with long wait times or billing issues, but these complaints are relatively uncommon compared to the positive feedback. Overall, the practice seems to offer excellent eye care and attentive service to its patients.
- Efficient and helpful staff that make patients feel at ease
- Thorough and compassionate doctors who provide excellent care and surgeries
- Wide selection of frames and expert optician services for patients who need glasses
NVISION Eye Centers - San Diego
3655 Nobel Dr Suite 130, San Diego, CA 92122
Patients have praised NVISION and its surgeons for their professionalism, kindness, and ability to provide life-changing results. Patients have reported feeling comfortable and well-cared for throughout their entire process, and have seen fantastic results, including 20/20 vision and no longer needing to wear glasses. The staff has been described as knowledgeable, thorough, and efficient. Overall, patients highly recommend NVISION for LASIK and cataract surgery.
- Highly competent and exceptional surgeons who can work with complex cases, such as severe dry eye and previous over-correction.
- Excellent customer service and friendly staff who provide a comforting and informative atmosphere, from the consultation to procedure day.
- Successful outcomes with patients reporting life-changing experiences and amazing results, including achieving better than 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts.
Clearview Eye and Laser Medical Center
6255 Lusk Blvd #100, San Diego, CA 92121
Patients rave about the staff and professionalism at Clearview Eye and Laser Surgery with Dr. Sandy Feldman. The practitioners are knowledgeable and patient, and appointments are well-managed with no waiting time. Numerous patients highly recommend Dr. Feldman herself, as she is friendly, thorough, and honest. The equipment and technology are top-of-the-line, leaving patients feeling confident and safe. Patients report seeing 20/20 or better, having life-changing experiences, and being grateful for exceptional care.
- Friendly and professional staff that make patients comfortable and at ease during their visit.
- Dr. Sandy Feldman is knowledgeable, experienced, and takes the time to answer all patient questions and concerns, while also looking at overall eye health before recommending treatment.
- State-of-the-art equipment and excellent technology used, resulting in successful outcomes with minimal discomfort and pain.
San Diego Lasik Institute
2020 Camino Del Rio N #808, San Diego, CA 92108
The San Diego Lasik Institute and Dr. Pham received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who had lasik surgery performed. Patients reported feeling comfortable throughout the procedure, with many citing Dr. Pham's communication and guidance as making the experience feel smooth and easy. Some patients even had post-op results at 20/15 and 20/20 vision, immediately after waking up from the surgery. Patients praised the transparent and informative staff, with a few mentioning the accommodating experience working with Brandy, the office manager.
- Skilled and professional staff who put patients at ease
- Excellent communication and clear explanations of the process and aftercare instructions
- High success rate with patients achieving 20/20 or better vision, even with high prescriptions and complicated cases.
Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute
4130 La Jolla Village Dr UNIT 300, San Diego, CA 92037
The Gordon Schanzlin Institute has a friendly and professional staff that puts patients at ease. Many patients have had successful LASIK surgeries with immediate results and excellent patient care. However, some patients have had negative experiences, such as poor communication and unclear directions. Additionally, some patients have reported unsatisfactory results or complications from procedures such as LipiFlow. Overall, the reviews are mixed but the majority of patients have had positive experiences with the institute.
- Thorough consultation and helpful staff, even for non-candidates.
- Excellent results and fast recovery from surgery.
- Professional and friendly staff, state-of-the-art equipment, and efficient procedures.
8881 Fletcher Pkwy Suite 395, La Mesa, CA 91942
The lasik surgeon practice has exceptional staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process. The surgery is quick, painless, and life-changing. Patients have reported seeing clearly within hours, and they highly recommend the practice for its outstanding customer service and top-notch facilities.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff that make patients feel safe and walk them through every step of the process.
- Quick, painless, and life-changing surgery with results that often allow patients to see 20/20 or better.
- Competitive pricing and financing options available, making it accessible to those who may not have the funds for the procedure.
9710 Scranton Rd UNIT 170, San Diego, CA 92121
Patients rave about Dr. Motwani and his team at Cornea Revolution, highly recommending the practice for their Lasik surgery needs. Patients praise Dr. Motwani's expertise and dedication to patient care, with several noting that he personally ensured they were well-informed and comfortable throughout the procedure. Many patients who had struggled with vision for years were finally able to see properly after receiving treatment from Dr. Motwani. Overall, patients express their gratitude for the life-changing results and excellent service they received from Dr. Motwani and his staff at Cornea Revolution.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled surgeon with expertise in various eye conditions, including LASIK laser vision correction, keratoconus corneal reconstruction, radial keratotomy corneal reconstruction, repair of traumatic/infectious scars, and repair of past LASIK/PRK. Many patients have reported life-changing results after their procedures.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide top-notch service and support, making the entire experience less stressful and more comfortable for patients.
- Offers a variety of eye corrective procedures, including Lasik, PRK, and corneal reconstruction, along with post-surgery appointments to ensure the best possible outcome and long-term results. Dr. Motwani takes the time to understand each patient's unique situation and works closely with them throughout the process, including follow-up care.
Mosaic Eye Specialists
3555 Rosecrans St #107-B, San Diego, CA 92110
The lasik surgeon practice, Mosaic Eye Specialists, received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the professionalism, expertise, and caring nature of both Dr. Dao and Dr. Eck, as well as their staff. Many commented on the beautiful and comfortable office environment, state-of-the-art equipment, and thorough explanations provided by the doctors. Patients also reported successful outcomes from various procedures including PRK, cataract surgery, and lasik. Overall, Mosaic Eye Specialists is highly recommended for anyone seeking a trusted and skilled lasik surgeon.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled doctors with state-of-the-art equipment
- Caring and professional staff
- Extensive personalized care and attention to detail
One to One Lasik: Dr. Angelique Pillar
3737 Moraga Ave Suite A-105, San Diego, CA 92117
Patients praise Dr. Pillar and her staff for their personable, knowledgeable, and thorough approach to eye care. They speak highly of the Lasik surgery and cataract surgery with successful outcomes. Patients also appreciate the caring bedside manner and accommodation during emergencies. The practice offers a welcoming and professional environment, making patients feel well cared for.
- Dr. Pillar and her staff are personable, helpful, and patient.
- The entire staff is accommodating and professional.
- Dr. Pillar has an extensive and current knowledge about the latest procedures and is truly incredible.
Dr. Tony H. Pham, MD
2020 Camino Del Rio N, San Diego, CA 92108
Patients who have undergone LASIK surgery with Dr. Pham and his team consistently report positive experiences. Patients rave about his knowledgeable and friendly staff, good communication throughout the procedure, quick and easy processing, and fast recovery time. Dr. Pham's team is said to be caring and professional, making patients comfortable and at ease during the procedure. Many patients transitioned from glasses and contacts to having 20/20 vision after surgery and feel that this is one of the best decisions they have made.
- Friendly and informative staff
- Professional and experienced surgeon
- Efficient appointments and quick recovery time with excellent post-op care
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article