Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in San Bernardino, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 180 LASIK Surgeons in San Bernardino, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 18420 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in San Bernardino.
San Diego Lasik Institute
2020 Camino Del Rio N #808, San Diego, CA 92108
San Diego Lasik Institute is a friendly and efficient practice that provides painless lasik surgery. Patients appreciate the clear communication with the staff post-op and are thrilled with their improved vision. The institute has changed many lives for the better.
- People feel very welcoming and accommodating.
- The surgery process is very quick and painless.
- They have a great team of professionals who are knowledgeable and helpful.
- After the surgery, patients can expect to see great results!
10715 Tierrasanta Blvd # F, San Diego, CA 92124
Clairemont Optometry is a warm and welcoming practice that takes the time to explain eye health concerns to patients. The quality of frames available is impressive, and both Brandon and Arlene are knowledgeable and helpful in selecting glasses. Dr. Nguyen and the team provide a thorough and positive experience for those seeking eye care.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful, which makes the experience much more pleasant.
- Dr. Nguyen spends a lot of time explaining everything to patients, which is great because it helps them understand their eye health better.
- This clinic offers a wide variety of frames and lenses, so everyone can find what they need.
- The doctor provides detailed explanations about each test result and precautionary measure taken during the visit.
Peninsula Laser Eye Medical Group
1174 Castro St # 100, Mountain View, CA 94040
Peninsula Laser Eye Medical Group is a clear and helpful practice with a great doctor who has improved many patients' vision. Some may experience difficulty scheduling an appointment due to high demand, but the positive experience is worth the wait. Patients can trust this practice for their laser eye surgery needs.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this office.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Dr. Beers is an excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and provides the best possible care.
- The results of lens replacement surgery performed here were very positive, with improved vision in both eyes.
Premier Eye Care Optometry
1055 Harriman Pl, San Bernardino, CA 92408
Premier Eye Care Optometry stands out for its attentive doctors, advanced technology, and friendly staff. Patients appreciate the affordability of the practice, making it accessible to a wider range of people. With a focus on quality care and patient satisfaction, Premier Eye Care Optometry is a top choice for those seeking LASIK surgery.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at the office.
- The doctors are very thorough in their examinations and take the time to listen to patients' concerns.
- Prices are very reasonable for the quality of care provided.
- Office is always up-to-date with the latest technology.
Saranya Bala MD- Eye Consultants of Southern California
7798 Cherry Ave, Fontana, CA 92336
Dr. Saranya Bala of Eye Consultants of Southern California is a knowledgeable and attentive lasik surgeon. Patients appreciate her great bedside manner and sense of humor. She comes highly recommended for her ability to effectively treat eye conditions.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and her staff.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to patients.
- Dr. Bala has helped many people with their eye conditions and they have all been happy with the results.
Rancho Laser Vision Center
8241 Rochester Ave STE 120, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Rancho Laser Vision Center is a highly professional and caring practice for laser eye surgery. Patients have reported excellent results and appreciate the efficient process. The doctors and staff provide a top-tier experience for those seeking vision correction.
- People feel very comfortable here. They are very knowledgeable and will answer any questions you have.
- The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
- The laser technology is top notch, which results in excellent outcomes for patients.
One to One Lasik: Dr. Angelique Pillar
3737 Moraga Ave Suite A-105, San Diego, CA 92117
Dr. Angelique Pillar's Lasik practice is exceptional. She takes the time to listen to her patients and clearly explains their options. Her knowledge and friendly demeanor make her a top choice for Lasik surgery.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Pillar and her care.
- She is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything to patients.
- She is excellent at accommodating patients in an emergency.
Ira A. Vidor, M.D.
1900 E Washington St, Colton, CA 92324
Dr. Vidor and his team are highly professional, experienced, and caring. They provide efficient and effective service, with Stephanie always offering positive ideas and a helpful attitude. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone seeking exceptional lasik surgery.
- People feel very positive about the care they receive from Dr. Vidor and his team.
- He is a highly experienced doctor who has successfully performed multiple surgeries on patients.
- The office staff is very friendly and helpful, always willing to go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and informed.
Armin Vishteh, M.D.
814 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
Dr. V and his team are highly regarded for their expertise in Lasik surgery. Patients have reported excellent results and praise Dr. V for his professionalism and knowledge. The practice is known for providing exceptional care and helping patients achieve clear vision without the need for glasses.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and has helped many patients with various eye issues.
- There are no long waiting times, which is great for people who have busy lives.
- The results of the surgery are excellent, with no dry eyes after just one week post-op.
Retina Consultants of So Ca: Carlson John P MD
1895 Orange Tree Ln #204, Redlands, CA 92374
Retina Consultants of So Ca: Carlson John P MD is a knowledgeable, professional, and friendly lasik surgeon. Patients appreciate the time he takes to explain their diagnosis and treatment. Many are grateful for his help in restoring their vision.
- People feel very confident in the doctor's abilities.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything to the patient.
- The staff is very polite and helpful.
La Jolla Laser Vision: Perry, Arthur C MD FACS
9850 Genesee Ave # 310, La Jolla, CA 92037
La Jolla Laser Vision, led by Dr. Perry, Arthur C MD FACS, is a friendly and highly regarded lasik surgery practice. Patients consistently praise the exceptional care they receive and consider Dr. Perry to be the best in the field. Trust your vision to the experts at La Jolla Laser Vision.
- People feel very friendly and welcoming when visiting this office.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and skilled in his field.
- They offer a variety of services, which makes it easy to find the right one for you.
One to One LASIK: Dr. Ellie Samadani
3737 Moraga Ave Suite A-105, San Diego, CA 92117
Dr. Ellie Samadani and the team at One to One LASIK are highly regarded for their expertise in ophthalmic migraines and meibomian gland dysfunction. Patients appreciate the positive attitude and personalized care they receive during their LASIK procedures. The practice is known for its commitment to patient education and satisfaction.
- People feel very positive about their experience with One-to-One Lasik.
- Dr. Samadani is a very kind and caring doctor who takes the time to explain everything to her patients.
- The staff at One-to-one Lasik are always willing and able to help out with any questions or concerns that may arise.
685 E Carnegie Dr Suite 270, San Bernardino, CA 92408
Corcoran Consulting successfully found a buyer for the business, taking time to ensure the right person was chosen. The buyer was able to handle the challenges of the situation, impressing patients with their abilities. The practice is highly recommended for their expertise and dedication to finding the best solutions for their patients.
- People feel confident in the services provided by Corcoran Consulting.
- Curtis Cochren and his team are experienced professionals who know how to sell a business.
- They have a proven track record of success in finding buyers for businesses.
- The team is available 24/7, which is helpful when selling a business.
San Diego Lasik
926 Eighth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego Lasik is a highly recommended LASIK surgery center with a friendly and professional staff. The viewing room allows friends and family to observe the surgery up close. Although the price may be a bit high, the experience is worth it for those seeking quality care.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- The office is very clean and organized.
- The doctor is very experienced and knowledgeable in LASIK surgery.
- They have a viewing room where friends and family can watch the surgery from close up, which makes it more personal for them.
Dr. Gregory A. Stainer, M.D.
1520 E Plaza Blvd, National City, CA 91950
Dr. Gregory A. Stainer, M.D. is a highly knowledgeable and skilled lasik surgeon. Patients have praised his expertise and professionalism. His practice is a top choice for those seeking exceptional eye care.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Stainer and feel like he truly cares about their well-being.
- He is very knowledgeable and has a lot of experience in his field, which makes him an excellent doctor to consult with.
- He always takes the time to listen to what you have to say and provides helpful feedback.
- His staff is also great, they are always willing to help out and go above and beyond when it comes to service.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article