Best LASIK Surgeon In Sacramento, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 120 LASIK Surgeons in Sacramento, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2596 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Sacramento.
NVISION Eye Centers - Roseville
1524 Eureka Rd, Roseville, CA 95661
Patients have positive reviews about Dr. Hines and the staff at NVISION Eye Center, noting that the doctors and staff were professional, attentive, and knowledgeable. Patients also appreciate the quick and painless procedures and the helpful and friendly staff. While some express concern about waiting times or communication issues, overall, patients have had excellent experiences with the practice.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable doctors and staff
- Clean and well-organized facility with excellent attention to detail
- Patients experienced improved vision beyond expectations with quick and painless procedures
Sacramento Eye Consultants
1515 Response Rd, Sacramento, CA 95815
Patients have had positive experiences with various LASIK surgeons at this practice, including Dr. Lee, Dr. Sierra, and Dr. Wu. The doctors are highly professional corneal specialists with additional training and experience in refractive surgery such as LASIK and PRK as well as refractive laser cataract surgery, and the staff is friendly, helpful, and respectful. Patients appreciate the efficient and timely appointments, and many have had successful surgeries resulting in improved vision.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at the Lasik surgeon practice, specifically Dr. Sierra, Dr. Lee, and Dr. Wu, are knowledgeable, professional, and skilled in their field.
Friendly and courteous staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at the practice. They mention that the staff is kind, respectful, and provides good customer service.
Efficient and organized: Several reviews comment on the efficiency and organization of the practice. Patients mention that the check-in process is smooth, appointments are on time, and tests/procedures are completed efficiently.
Griffin & Reed Eye Care
651 Fulton Ave, Sacramento, CA 95825
Griffin and Reed Eye Care has a highly professional and friendly staff. Patients had a great experience with Dr. Maboudi in LASIK surgeries and Dr. Kim-Dunlavey in cataract surgeries. Patients with chronic conditions said they appreciated consistent monitoring, while others appreciated prompt appointment-setting after explaining their condition. Patients report great results from the procedures, particularly LASIK and PRK. There were a few negative experiences, mainly centered around difficult appointment scheduling and one instance of poor communication regarding a surgery.
- Experienced and professional staff who go above and beyond to repair frames and make patients feel welcome and cared for.
- Dr. Maboudi is a skilled surgeon who takes the time to answer all patient questions and makes them feel comfortable and confident about the procedure.
- Dr. Kim-Dunlavey is a fantastic surgeon who provides personalized care and works with patients to give them the clearest vision possible.
Newman Leonard A MD
3838 Watt Ave Site A-110, Sacramento, CA 95821
The lasik surgeon practice run by Dr. Newman has a very friendly and knowledgeable staff and an affordable price. Patients have had great experiences with the surgery, with a quick recovery and good results, and said they highly recommend the practice. The doctor is described as funny, down-to-earth, and good at communicating with patients during the surgery. However, there have been some negative reviews about aftercare and follow-up appointments.
- Dr. Newman is a skilled and humorous surgeon who makes patients feel comfortable during the surgery.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating, with great customer service and attention to detail.
- The cost of the procedures are reasonable and competitive, making it accessible for more people, and the results are transformative, with many patients reporting improved vision and quality of life.
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
The reviews unanimously praise Dr. Mandel and his team as being professional, caring, and knowledgeable. Patients rave about the remarkable results, painless procedures, and exceptional customer service. Patients feel comfortable and supported throughout the entire process, and are pleased with their clear and improved vision. Many express their gratitude for the life-changing work this practice provides.
- Dr. Mandel is an exceptional surgeon with expertise in cataract and refractive surgery, as well as corneal conditions.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, providing thorough pre- and post-op care.
- The procedures are painless and efficient, with remarkable results, allowing patients to see better without glasses.
Pacific Vision Institute
1 Daniel Burnham Ct Suite 170-C, San Francisco, CA 94109
Pacific Vision Institute (PVI) is highly praised for providing exceptional care throughout the LASIK and PRK procedure. Patients report a high level of professionalism and knowledge from the staff and doctors, including Dr. Ella Faktorovich. The procedure is described as quick and painless, with patients waking up with crystal clear vision within hours of the surgery. Patients with previous bad eyesight report clear and crisp vision, with many achieving 20/10 vision. Follow-up care is thorough, and patients laud the professional and friendly staff at PVI.
- Highly qualified and experienced surgeon (Dr. Faktorovich) who is knowledgeable, professional, and caring.
- Excellent results with many patients achieving 20/20 or even 20/10 vision after the procedure, with some experiencing a life-changing transformation.
- Professional and friendly staff that provide thorough information about the procedure, comprehensive pre-op and post-op care, and are dedicated to making their patients feel comfortable and at ease.
Liang Keith MD - Center For Sight
3160 J St, Sacramento, CA 95816
Dr. Keith Liang and his staff are highly professional, efficient, caring, and knowledgeable, providing an excellent eye care experience. Patients appreciate that he is a skilled and experienced surgeon who can perform corrective procedures like Lasik and cataract surgery, which allow them to see clearly without glasses or contacts. Dr. Liang's office is well run, with friendly and courteous staff who work together as a finely tuned unit to provide top-notch patient care. Patients have reported experiencing 20/20 vision or significant improvements in their eyesight, with virtually no pain or trauma from the procedures.
- Efficient and well-managed office with little to no wait time for appointments.
- Highly professional and experienced staff that provide easy, non-traumatic cataract and Lasik surgery experiences resulting in clear vision.
- Dr. Liang and his team demonstrate excellent patient care, knowledge and expertise in optometry, and a commitment to excellence in correction of vision related issues.
LaserVue Eye Center
711 Van Ness Ave Suite 320, San Francisco, CA 94102
The Lasik surgeon practice, LaserVue Eye Center, received high praise from patients who had undergone the SMILE eye correction procedure. Patients mentioned the exceptional level of care from the friendly and professional staff who went above and beyond to address concerns and ensure a comfortable experience. Patients also highlighted the precision and expertise of Dr. Bansal and Dr. Barnes during the SMILE procedure, which resulted in minimal discomfort and remarkable improvement in vision. Overall, LaserVue Eye Center provided personalized care, expertise, and professionalism, and patients highly recommended the practice to anyone considering vision correction procedures.
- Exceptional expertise and personalized care provided by Dr. Bansal, Dr. Barnes, Francisco, Alyssa, and the entire staff.
- Quick, virtually painless, and effective procedures, such as SMILE and LASIK, resulting in dramatic improvement in vision within a few hours.
- Friendly, informative, patient-centered staff, providing professional service and emotional support throughout the entire process, from initial consultation to post-operation check-ups.
IQ Laser Vision - Santa Clara
2901 Tasman Dr # 208, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Patients give high marks to IQ Laser Vision for their expertise and professionalism. Many patients report excellent vision after their procedure and praise the skill of their surgeon, particularly for the SMILE procedure. The staff is also noted for being highly knowledgeable and caring throughout the entire process, from consultation to post-op. Some minor delays and discomfort are reported, but overall, patients highly recommend IQ Laser Vision.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors
- Friendly and helpful staff who make the process seamless
- Offers a variety of vision correction options, including SMILE, with successful results
LaserVue Eye Center
3540 Mendocino Ave #200, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Patients rave about Dr. Bansal and the LaserVue Eye Center, praising the professionalism, skill, kindness, and compassion of both the doctor and his staff. Many have had remarkable results with LASIK, cataract, and refractive lens replacement surgeries, achieving clear, sharp, and color-rich vision without glasses or contacts, sometimes for the first time in their lives. Patients also appreciate the state-of-the-art facility, the thorough screening and follow-up exams, the natural-looking and comfortable appearance of Botox treatments, and the financing and payment options available. While some patients had minor issues or suggestions for improvement, the overwhelming consensus is that Dr. Bansal and his team are top-notch and life-changing.
- Highly skilled and professional staff, making nervous patients feel at ease throughout the process.
- Dr. Bansal is a trusted and experienced surgeon who has performed over 40,000 cataract surgeries, as well as LASIK and other eye procedures with excellent results.
- State-of-the-art facility with the latest technology and options for financing available for patients. Follow-up exams are included in the initial cost paid upfront, and free of charge.
California LASIK & Eye
1111 Exposition Blvd Building 200 Suite 2000, Sacramento, CA 95815
Dr. Barnett and his team are highly praised by customers for their professionalism, expertise, and personal care. Customers appreciate Dr. Barnett's thoroughness, communication skills, and willingness to recommend personalized solutions that have lasting results. Patients report quick and painless procedures with excellent outcomes, and frequent positive mentions were made regarding Dr. Barnett's staff and practice environment.
- Exceptional communication skills of Dr. Barnett establish trust and reassurance with his patients and puts them at ease.
- Kristen and the entire staff are personable, friendly, and knowledgeable making the entire experience comfortable and welcoming.
- Dr. Barnett provides a thorough, personalized approach to every patient, dedicating himself to helping patients feel heard, informed, and confident in their decisions.
Pacific Laser Eye Center North Bay
3035 Cleveland Ave suite 100, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Pacific Laser Eye Center has received mixed reviews for their LASIK surgery. Some patients had successful procedures and praised the professionalism and care provided by the staff, including Sal and Dr. Rich. However, negative reviews have pointed out issues with incomplete or misleading information about the surgery and financing, as well as discrepancies between the center and contracted surgeons for post-operative follow-up. Nonetheless, patients who had positive experiences express appreciation for being able to participate in activities without glasses or contacts, and recommend Pacific Laser Eye Center for those deciding to get LASIK.
- Thorough consultations: The surgeon takes time to explain all options and answer all questions during a free consultation, ensuring patients are well-informed before making a decision.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Pacific Laser Eye Center has modern and advanced LASIK equipment for optimum surgery results.
- Caring and skilled staff: The staff, from the receptionist to the surgeon, are friendly, knowledgeable, and committed to providing excellent LASIK surgery experiences and follow-up care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article