Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Irvine, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 28 LASIK Surgeons in Irvine, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 5776 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Irvine.
Irvine Eye Physicians and Surgeons Inc.
15785 Laguna Canyon Rd Suite 300, Irvine, CA 92618
Irvine Eye Physicians and Surgeons Inc. is a trusted destination for exceptional eye care. The doctors are experienced, compassionate, and take the time to thoroughly examine and communicate with their patients. They provide clear home care instructions to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting the office.
- The doctors are experienced and take the time to explain everything to their patients.
- The staff is attentive and professional.
Marjan Farid, MD
850 Health Sciences Rd, Irvine, CA 92617
Dr. Farid's expertise in treating Fuchs Dystrophy is highly appreciated by her patients. Her knowledge, friendliness, and responsiveness make her a top choice for those seeking LASIK surgery. Patients have reported excellent results and improved vision after surgery.
- People feel very confident in her abilities as a doctor.
- She is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to patients.
- Patients have had good experiences with her surgeries.
Dr. Tony H. Pham, MD
3500 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92606
Dr. Tony H. Pham, MD is a skilled and meticulous lasik surgeon who has received positive feedback from patients. The results of his surgeries have left patients satisfied and the staff is known for being friendly and helpful. Patients can trust Dr. Pham and his team for their eye care needs.
- People feel comfortable with Dr. Pham and his team. They have a lot of experience and know what they're doing.
- Dr. Pham is very detail oriented, which makes the process easier for patients.
- The results of their procedures are usually good, as long as patients follow up with them.
Dr. Efraim Duzman, MD
4605 Barranca Pkwy #100, Irvine, CA 92604
Dr. Efraim Duzman, MD is a knowledgeable and professional lasik surgeon who takes the time to listen to his patients. He has a keen eye for recording vision accurately, ensuring that his patients receive the best possible care. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking exceptional lasik surgery.
- People feel knowledgeable and professional with Dr. Duzman's team.
- They are patient and take the time to listen to patients' concerns.
- He is able to provide clear information about their diagnosis and treatment options.
Sumit (Sam) Garg M.D.
850 Health Sciences Rd, Irvine, CA 92617
Dr. Garg's surgical skills are impressive, but some patients have reported issues with the support staff. It's important to note that post-surgery infection prevention should be a top priority. Despite some concerns, the practice is known for its exceptional surgical work.
- People feel very confident in Dr. Garg's abilities and are willing to go the extra mile for him.
- He is an amazing surgeon with a lot of experience.
- His staff is very supportive and helpful, even if they don't always have the best attitude.
Orange County LASIK Institute
3500 Barranca Pkwy #150, Irvine, CA 92606
The Orange County LASIK Institute offers a conservative approach to LASIK surgery, ensuring patients consider all factors before making a decision. The staff is known for their patience and kindness, making the process painless and stress-free. Patients can trust the expertise of the doctors at this reputable practice.
- People feel very welcoming and accommodating.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- The process is explained in detail and the surgery is painless.
Advanced Eyecare Optometric Center
22 Odyssey Ste 150, Irvine, CA 92618
Advanced Eyecare Optometric Center is a welcoming and efficient practice that provides excellent service. Patients appreciate the thorough examinations by Dr. Wang and the attentive follow-up care from the staff. The practice also offers complimentary repairs for loose screws on glasses.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at Advanced Eyecare Optometric Center.
- The doctors are thorough and take their time with each patient.
- The staff is courteous and helpful.
NVISION Eye Centers - Newport Beach
4220 Von Karman Ave #100, Newport Beach, CA 92660
NVISION Eye Centers - Newport Beach is a friendly and professional practice that provides excellent care. The Lasik procedure is successful and patients feel blessed to have the skilled doctors perform it. Communication from the patient counselor is appreciated and decisions are made quickly.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when they walk in.
- Jonathan is a great asset because he can speak Chinese which helps with the patient's understanding of what is happening during their appointment.
- The staff are very professional and communicative, always keeping the patient updated on their progress.
- The surgery was successful and I am now enjoying perfect vision!
Coastal Vision Medical Group
15825 Laguna Canyon Rd STE 201, Irvine, CA 92618
Coastal Vision Medical Group is a well-organized and comfortable practice for those seeking lasik surgery. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, and Dr. Lee is patient and thorough in explaining the procedure. Patients appreciate the email notifications and reminders for appointments.
- People feel comfortable and welcome at Coastal Vision Medical Group.
- The office is well organized and provides clear instructions on what to expect during appointments.
- Drs are highly skilled and take the time to explain procedures in detail.
- Staff is attentive and helpful, always willing to go above and beyond to ensure a positive experience.
Beach Eye Medical Group
4870 Barranca Pkwy #210, Irvine, CA 92604
Beach Eye Medical Group is a trusted destination for cataract surgery, with knowledgeable doctors who prioritize patient care. Dr. Semaan is particularly renowned for his expertise in ophthalmology. Patients can expect a top-tier experience at this practice.
- People feel confident in the abilities of Dr. Kevin Jwo, who has performed cataract surgery on both eyes and is experienced with glaucoma treatment.
- The office staff is welcoming and accommodating, providing helpful information and resources.
- Patients have positive experiences with both doctors who work at Beach Eye Medical Group
- Drs. Semaan and Shah
- citing their knowledge, attentiveness, and ability to help improve vision quickly.
22 Odyssey #150, Irvine, CA 92618
Tayani Institute is a highly recommended eye care practice with friendly and professional staff. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the doctors and their willingness to answer questions. Even those moving out of state would return for the exceptional care provided by Dr. Peter Joson.
- People feel welcome and comfortable here.
- Dr Joson is very thorough and takes the time to answer questions.
- The staff is friendly and professional.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article