Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Fremont, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 67 LASIK Surgeons in Fremont, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 4254 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Fremont.
Peninsula Laser Eye Medical Group
1174 Castro St # 100, Mountain View, CA 94040
Peninsula Laser Eye Medical Group is a clear and friendly practice with excellent doctors who produce great results. Patients appreciate the convenient location and affordable services. The staff is helpful and accommodating, making the experience a positive one.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this office.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Dr. Beers is an excellent doctor who has been able to help many people with their vision problems.
- The results of surgery are usually very good, with patients often reporting 20/20 or better vision after the procedure.
Ario Barzin, M.D.
3200 Kearney St Level 1, Building 1, Fremont, CA 94538
Dr. Ario Barzin's patients rave about his professionalism and kindness, as well as his ability to listen and understand their needs. The practice is known for providing exceptional care and ensuring a positive experience for each patient. Many appreciate the diversity represented by Dr. Barzin, who is a Black or darker-skinned surgeon.
- People feel very comfortable with him and he is very knowledgeable.
- He has a great bedside manner and takes the time to listen to his patients.
- He is very experienced and knows what he's doing.
- He has a lot of experience with breast reconstruction, which is something that is important to many people.
Marvin C. Mah, OD
1556 Washington Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539
Dr. Mah at the Lasik surgeon's office is a thorough and professional doctor who strictly follows COVID protocols. Patients appreciate his attention to detail and feel confident in his care. The practice provides a safe and comfortable environment for those seeking vision correction.
- People feel very welcoming and accommodating.
- The doctors are very knowledgable and professional.
- They take Covid precautions very seriously.
Chan Harry W OD
1895 Mowry Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
Dr. Wong at Chan Harry W OD is an exceptional lasik surgeon who has made a significant impact on her patients' vision. Her professionalism and courteousness are highly regarded, and her honesty and down-to-earth approach set her apart from other doctors.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The service is always professional and courteous.
- Dr. Wong is an amazing doctor who has made a significant difference in the vision of her patients.
- This clinic offers high quality care at an affordable price, making it a great option for those on a budget.
Susan M. Pirrone, OD
194 Francisco Ln #118, Fremont, CA 94539
Dr. Susan M. Pirrone is a skilled and caring lasik surgeon who pays great attention to detail. Patients appreciate her refreshing approach and the friendly staff at the practice. If you're looking for a top-notch lasik surgeon, Dr. Pirrone's office is a great choice.
- People feel that Dr. Pirrone is a great doctor with amazing attention to detail and that she truly cares about her patients.
- She has a holistic approach to medicine, looking at the patient as a whole person.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
- They are very thorough in their examinations and always explain everything clearly.
UC Berkeley Refractive Surgery Center
Minor Hall, 200, Berkeley, CA 94720
UC Berkeley Refractive Surgery Center offers a variety of options for refractive surgery. The knowledgeable and helpful staff ensures a clean and well-organized experience. Patients can trust in the expertise of the doctors at this top-rated practice.
- People feel confident after their surgery here.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- They offer a variety of services, including laser vision correction and refractive surgery.
Patrick Tso, MD
39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538
Dr. Tso, a skilled and experienced lasik surgeon, is highly regarded by patients. He is approachable and attentive, taking the time to listen to their concerns. Patients feel confident in his care and expertise.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Tso.
- He is highly skilled and knowledgeable in his field, which makes him a great doctor to work with.
- He takes the time to listen to patients and understand their needs.
- He has a great bedside manner and always puts patients first.
Crystal Vision Optometry
5395 Mowry Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
Crystal Vision Optometry is a knowledgeable and caring practice with a friendly staff. They offer a great selection of designer eyewear. Patients appreciate the doctor's support in helping them see better.
- People feel very knowledgeable about their eye health when visiting this practice.
- The examinations are always done with great detail, and the staff is very friendly.
- The administrative staff is also very helpful and efficient.
- There is a good selection of designer wear available at this practice.
1800 Mowry Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
Tri-City Optometry offers exceptional customer service and affordable prices. The friendly and efficient staff make for a pleasant experience. Patients can trust the doctors at this practice for their LASIK needs.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting Tri-City Optometry.
- The staff is friendly and efficient, from the moment someone picks up a phone call to walk into an appointment.
- Dr. Samantha Young is an excellent optometrist who takes care of her patients' needs.
- Tri-City Optometry offers affordable rates for services, making it a great option for those on a budget.
Mark R. Mandel MD
1237 B St, Hayward, CA 94541
Dr. Mark R. Mandel and his team are highly skilled and knowledgeable in performing lasik surgery. Patients appreciate the care and attention they receive during each appointment, with special mention to the helpfulness of Risto, one of Dr. Mandel's assistants. The practice is professional, caring, and dedicated to providing excellent service.
- People feel confident in the hands of Dr. Mandel and his team
- Excellent surgical skills
- Quick, painless process
- Patient satisfaction is high
Silicon Valley Eye Physicians
1010 W Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Silicon Valley Eye Physicians provides exceptional customer service and a welcoming atmosphere. The staff is attentive and takes the time to thoroughly explain medical procedures. Patients appreciate the attention to detail and care provided by the doctors.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable from the start
- Excellent customer service
- Clear explanations of tests and procedures
- Highly detailed annual exams
Pacific Vision Institute
1 Daniel Burnham Ct Suite 170-C, San Francisco, CA 94109
Pacific Vision Institute is a top-rated LASIK surgery center with a friendly and professional staff. Patients appreciate the relaxing office design and the expertise of the doctors. Highly recommended for anyone considering LASIK surgery.
- People feel welcomed and excited when they visit the office.
- The office is beautiful and well-designed.
- The doctor has many accolades and accomplishments.
- Had LASIK with the newest software.
- Can see great after having lasik surgery.
Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley
606 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA 95129
The Laser Eye Center of Silicon Valley boasts a beautiful facility and exceptional customer service. Patients appreciate the thorough pre-operative examination and kind demeanor of the doctors. They leave feeling at ease and relieved, with happy results to show for it.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- The staff is very friendly and welcoming.
- They take the time to get to know their patients and provide excellent service.
- The facility is beautiful and well organized.
- Dr Bindi is an amazing doctor who has a lot of experience in this field.
Pegueros Don OD
4527 Mattos Dr, Fremont, CA 94536
Pegueros Don OD offers a great experience and selection of eyeglasses. The friendly and helpful front desk staff add to the positive atmosphere of the practice. Patients can trust the expertise of the doctors at this Lasik surgeon's office.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this practice.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful, with a wide variety of knowledge to help you choose the right glasses for your needs.
- Dr. Pegueros is an experienced optometrist who takes his time to explain everything before doing anything, ensuring that you understand what's happening.
- There are a wide range of glasses available to order from the office, perfect if you're looking for something specific.
Dr. Steven C. Andersen, MD
38707 Stivers St, Fremont, CA 94536
Dr. Steven C. Andersen, MD is a knowledgeable and compassionate lasik surgeon with excellent bedside manners. Patients trust him and wouldn't consider going elsewhere. The practice is known for its patient-centered approach and dedication to providing top-quality care.
- People feel safe and comfortable with the doctor.
- The doctor is knowledgeable and experienced.
- The staff is professional and helpful.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article