Best Eye Doctors In Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Rancho Cucamonga Optometrists in Rancho Cucamonga, Rancho Cucamonga, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Rancho Cucamonga reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Rancho Cucamonga.
Pacific Eye Institute – Upland
555 N 13th Ave, Upland, CA 91786
Patients appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the eye doctors, who conduct thorough exams and clearly explain their findings. The friendly, caring, and attentive staff help create a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, polite, and professional, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visits.
- Knowledgeable and skilled doctors: Reviews compliment the doctors for their expertise and skill in diagnosing and treating various eye conditions. They are praised for their ability to explain procedures and answer questions, instilling confidence in their patients.
Dr. Cindy Chang, OD
10576 Foothill Blvd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Dr. Chang receives positive reviews for her attentive and thorough eye exams that put patients at ease. Patients appreciate the friendly, informative staff and no-pressure atmosphere. However, one patient cited unhelpful staff and insurance issues. In general, patients recommend Dr. Chang’s office for comfortable, quality eye care.
- Dr. Chang is highly attentive, friendly, and takes her time with patients during eye exams, making them feel comfortable and well-informed.
- The staff at this eye care center are friendly, informative, and create a pleasant atmosphere. They do not pressure patients to purchase and allow them to browse and try on frames without feeling rushed.
- The doctors at this eye care center are professional, thorough, and provide detailed explanations of findings during eye exams. They are accommodating and patient, making sure to address any concerns or questions.
Azul Vision Rancho Cucamonga
9170 Haven Ave STE 102, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Most patients had positive experiences, appreciating the efficient exams, friendly staff, and professional doctors. A few criticisms included feeling rushed, lack of post-exam communication, and one instance of inappropriate doctor behavior with an elderly patient.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were done quickly and efficiently, with some even stating that they were in and out within 35 minutes.
- Professional and friendly doctors: Several reviewers praised the doctors for their professionalism and friendliness, describing their eye exams as thorough and informative. One reviewer specifically mentioned feeling like they received a great eye exam.
Pacific Eye Institute – Rancho Cucamonga
8112 Milliken Ave #203, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Dr. Roeske provides professional and attentive eye care. His friendly team answers questions thoroughly. One patient did have issues with office staff and delays receiving glasses. Overall, Pacific Eye Center’s caring staff offer excellent eye care and a smooth office experience.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful staff, including the doctors, medical assistants, and office personnel. The staff is described as attentive, caring, and professional, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Efficient and well-organized: Several reviews highlighted the efficient and well-organized nature of the office. Despite being busy with many patients, the clinic managed to provide timely and thorough examinations. Patients appreciated the smooth flow and the ability to get all their questions answered.
- Highly recommended doctors: Many reviewers specifically praised the individual doctors at the eye care center, such as Dr. Roeske, Dr. Smith, Dr. Ching, Dr. Bakhtiary, and Dr. Park. These doctors were described as knowledgeable, experienced, and caring, providing excellent eye care and explaining procedures in detail. Several reviewers highly recommended these doctors to others seeking eye care or eye exams.
Alta Loma Optometric
9596 Base Line Rd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
Alta Loma Optometric is praised for professional, pleasant staff providing personalized lens prescriptions and great customer service. However, some expressed concerns over a new policy requiring copies of driver’s licenses, citing privacy reasons. Still, many recommend this optometry for its friendly and knowledgeable staff, convenient hours, and extensive frame selection.
- Consistently professional and positive experience with knowledgeable staff.
- Friendly and helpful staff, with a wide selection of frames.
- Excellent patient-centered care and customer service, with a thorough and efficient doctor.
10576 Foothill Blvd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Customers enjoyed their visit to this eye care center, commenting on the attentive and helpful staff, especially Vanessa. Dr. Cindy Chang impressed with her professional and thorough eye exams. Customers felt comfortable and satisfied, praising the friendly service and intending to return.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers specifically mention the friendly and helpful staff, making customers feel welcomed and assisted throughout their visit.
- No pressure to buy: Customers appreciate that they didn't feel pressured to buy anything and were only presented with options if they were interested, creating a comfortable shopping experience.
- Knowledgeable and professional optometrists: Reviewers consistently praise the optometrists, mentioning their knowledge, thoroughness, and clear explanations during the eye exams, establishing confidence and trust in their expertise.
Inland Family Optometry – Formerly Edelson Optometry
8977 Foothill Blvd # C, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Dr. Tran receives positive reviews for her friendly, professional manner. Patients describe the cheerful, knowledgeable staff as excellent with children. Her office offers thorough eye exams in a clean, peaceful setting. A few reviewers note high prices and limited eyeglasses selection. However, most express satisfaction with Dr. Tran’s superb service.
- Excellent optometrist: Dr. Tran has been providing outstanding vision care service for 15 years and is highly recommended by multiple reviewers.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as cheerful, polite, professional, and caring. They are particularly praised for their interactions with children.
- Personalized care and attention: Reviewers mention feeling welcomed and comfortable during their visits. The doctors take their time to answer questions, provide thorough explanations, and tailor the experience for each patient's needs.
Optometric Group of Upland
1095 E Arrow Hwy, Upland, CA 91786
The eye care center’s experienced staff provides efficient annual exams and counseling. Patients appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable doctors who explain options and the clean, organized office with Covid safety measures.
- Efficient and thorough annual exams: The process for annual exams and counseling is super efficient, allowing for a thorough discussion of options.
- Clean and organized: The location is clean, organized, and welcoming, with a limited occupancy that ensures a comfortable and safe environment, especially during the pandemic.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff, including the doctors and front desk personnel, are highly professional, patient, and polite, providing excellent quality patient care. They take the time to answer questions and explain things fully.
Rancho Cucamonga Optometric Center
7211 Haven Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
Overall, reviews for this eye care center are highly positive, with customers appreciating the reasonable appointment availability, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff, thorough eye exams, and extensive selection of frames and lenses. Dr. Bob receives glowing reviews for his passion for and dedication to patient care. A couple comments mention delays in glasses delivery and communication issues.
- Reasonable appointment availability, even when other places are booked for months in advance.
- Wide variety of frames to choose from, with helpful staff to assist in selecting the right ones.
- Friendly and knowledgeable optometrist who provides thorough and informative eye exams.
- Excellent service for both adults and children, making them feel comfortable during the examination.
Yeh and Yu optometry
8637 Base Line Rd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Yeh yuh optometry provides exceptional customer service, assisting patients above and beyond expectations. Patients praise the knowledgeable, friendly doctors who take time finding the right prescription and ensuring contact lens comfort. The professional, caring, welcoming staff create a pleasant experience, making this eye care center highly recommended.
- The staff at Yeh Yuh Optometry goes above and beyond to provide assistance, even in emergency situations, as seen when they provided emergency contacts at no cost.
- The optometrists take the time and effort to find the right contacts that fit well, especially for individuals with specific needs like astigmatism.
- The office has a professional and friendly staff, with both doctors and staff members having excellent bedside manners and caring about their patients.
Arrowhead Eye Associates
10837 Laurel St Suite 103, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Dr. Johl’s patients comment on his professionalism, experience, and successful eye surgeries. They appreciate his knowledge and kindness in answering questions. The office staff is helpful, caring and organized, providing a positive experience.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers: Dr. Johl is praised as a professional, experienced, and caring eye doctor who has successfully performed surgeries and helped patients with conditions like cataracts and glaucoma.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers mention that the staff at the eye care center is helpful, caring, and friendly, making the overall experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Successful surgeries and improved vision: Several reviewers note that Dr. Johl's surgeries have resulted in significant improvements in their vision, with some going from legally blind to 20/20 or 20/30 vision.
Dr. Ramin A. Monshizadeh, MD
8577 Haven Ave Ste 208, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Dr. Monshizadeh receives consistent positive feedback for his warm bedside manner and surgical skills. Patients describe an amazing office with a friendly staff that provides excellent care.
- Highly skilled and caring eye surgeon: Dr. Ramin Monshizadeh is praised for his expertise in performing eye surgeries and his dedication to providing quality care to his patients.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff and technicians at this eye care center are described as friendly and hospitable, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Excellent care and positive results: Patients have reported receiving excellent care and experiencing positive outcomes, including restored vision, showing the effectiveness of the treatments provided at this location.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in California
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 5.07% of Californians aged 40-64 were blind or had difficulty seeing, while 8.23% of those aged 65 and older experienced the same visual impairments. in California, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in California
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in California.
- The The percentage of people in California with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In California in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (7.03%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.89%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.14%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in California
- In California, 4.89% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in California
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.11% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in California face even higher rates at 8.23%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in California
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in California.
- 11.5% of those with diabetes and 7.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in California
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.81% of children in California having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.5% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in California
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.89% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in California.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.