Best LASIK Surgeon In New York
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 47 Lasik Surgeons in New York, NY, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 15333 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Lasik surgeon in New York.
Stahl Eyecare Experts - Garden City Office
450 Endo Blvd, Garden City, NY 11530
People feel that Stahl Eyecare Experts - Garden City Office is professional, caring, and efficient. They appreciate the thorough visit and feel that Dr. Huffnagle was great. People also appreciate the wait time, but would give 5 stars if it weren't for the long wait time.
- People feel very professional and caring.
- Eye pressure, visual field, and eye exam are all checked.
- Wait time is not too long.
- Excellent ophthalmologist.
Andrew B. Nightingale, MD
211 Central Park West Suite 1E, New York, NY 10024
People feel that Andrew B. Nightingale, MD is a great doctor who is thorough, knowledgeable, and friendly. They also appreciate that the office is easy to get to and that it is tucked away on the side of a famous building. Some people mention that the waiting room can feel cramped when full.
- People feel comfortable and welcome in the office
- Dr. Nightingale is very thorough, knowledgeable, and friendly
- Excellent Dr and staff! Appointment was exactly on time
- didn't have to wait to be seen. The check up was very detailed. Beautiful and clean office as well. I would definitely go back for future check ups.
Park Avenue LASEK
102 E 25th St, New York, NY 10010
People feel that Park Avenue LASEK is a good place to get their non-cutting LASEK procedure done, and that the staff is very informative about all of the steps for a good recovery. They also feel that it is safer than Lasik and that Dr. Chynn's procedure is 100% flapless (and bladeless). People feel that the recovering process IS longer with Lasek, but they are happy with the results after surgery.
- People feel safe with this type of surgery because it is less invasive than Lasik.
- Recovery time is longer, but patients typically feel better after the procedure.
- This surgery can be done on people who do not qualify for Lasik (due to thin corneas).
114 E 27th St, New York, NY 10016
People feel that SightMD is a wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients, and that the wait is never something that they are just so fed up with that they leave or get angry. People also feel that Dr. Ellant is an incredible doctor who can diagnose problems quickly and provide a holistic solution to avoid taking antibiotics. Some people even say he was the doctor who helped them when they were almost legally blind and had bad astigmatism in both of their eyes.
- People feel that Dr. Ellant truly cares for his patients and goes above and beyond to help them.
- He is a highly experienced doctor who has helped many people in the past.
- He is very knowledgable and professional, providing a holistic solution to problems.
New York Ophthalmology - Jamaica
147-32 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11435
People feel that New York Ophthalmology - Jamaica is a great place to go for eye care. They feel that the doctors are wonderful and that their son has completely recovered from an injury. They also feel that the staff is very courteous and patient, and that they were able to explain their son's eye problem in layman's terms. People also appreciate how promptly the doctor attended them and how professional the entire experience was.
- People feel very welcome here, from the receptionists to the doctors. Everyone is professional and friendly.
- Procedures are clearly explained, and patients feel very comfortable and safe here.
- The team is highly successful in caring for patients' vision, and they have a great reputation among those who have had dealings with them.
Metropolitan Vision Correction Associates
22 W 13th St, New York, NY 10011
People feel that Metropolitan Vision Correction Associates is a good place to go for an annual eye exam, that the staff is friendly and helpful, and that the doctors are professional and caring. People also appreciate that there is no rush at this clinic.
- People feel very welcoming and the office is conveniently located.
- The staff are all super friendly and the Doctor couldn't have been more thoughtful in his care and communication.
- Sabrina is exactly who you want when you're in a tough spot.
Dello Russo Laser Vision
1979 Marcus Ave Ste C111, New Hyde Park, NY 11042
People feel that Dello Russo Laser Vision is a great place to get their LASIK surgery done, and that the staff is friendly and helpful. They also feel that the process was not painful, and that they recovered quickly. Some people did experience some mild side effects after their surgery, but these were generally short-lived. Overall, reviewers are very happy with their experience at this clinic.
- People feel very positive about the experience.
- The surgery was painless and quick.
- There is minimal aftercare required.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
211 E 70th St, New York, NY 10021
People feel that Mandel Vision is a competent and confident practice that takes the time to explain what they are doing. They also appreciate that Dr. Mandel recommended a safer option, PRK, for people with more complex eyesight problems.
- People feel confident with Dr. Mandel and his team
- They take the time to explain what they are doing
- Excellent results
Stahl Eyecare Experts - Manhattan Office
185 Madison Ave 2nd floor, New York, NY 10016
People feel that Stahl Eyecare Experts - Manhattan Office is professional, courteous, and efficient. They also appreciate the friendly staff and how well everything is organized. Patients feel that Dr. Werner is excellent and that he took the time to explain things to them thoroughly. Some patients had insurance issues which were resolved by the office staff. All in all, reviewers feel that this location is great for eye care needs and highly recommend it to others.
- People feel very comfortable here
- Professional and courteous staff
- Eye exam is thorough
- Scheduling process is easy
Moadel Eye Specialists of New York
110 E 40th St Floor 6, New York, NY 10016
People feel that Moadel Eye Specialists of New York is professional, welcoming, and helpful. They also feel that the doctor is skilled and experienced in performing laser eye surgery. Some people mention that they were hesitant to have the surgery at first because of the potential risks, but after speaking with the doctor they felt confident that it was a safe procedure. Overall, reviewers are pleased with their experience at Moadel Eye Specialists of New York.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting this business.
- The staff is professional and welcoming.
- The office is spacious and clean.
Kelly Vision Center
160 E 56th St, New York, NY 10022
People feel that Kelly Vision Center is great because of the doctor's skills, staff friendliness, and willingness to answer questions. They also appreciate that the procedure was quick and comfortable. Some people report some residual dryness or itchiness after the surgery, but these symptoms can be treated with over-the-counter medications. Overall, reviewers feel very positive about their experience at Kelly Vision Center.
- People feel very comfortable and welcome at Kelly Vision Center.
- The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.
- Dr. Kelly has a lot of experience and is able to provide excellent care for his patients.
- There are no long waiting times, which makes the experience more pleasant.
Fromer Eye Centers
550 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065
People feel that Fromer Eye Centers is a great place to go for eye care, with the staff being very knowledgeable and helpful. They feel that it can be time-consuming to get an appointment, but are happy with the results they receive. Some people mention that the wait time is long, but overall they think it's worth it.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Marina Su, as she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to her patients. She has a great personality and makes you feel at ease during your appointment.
- The equipment used in the clinic is of high quality, making it easy for patients to understand their diagnosis and treatment options.
- Fromer Eye Centers offers a variety of payment options, which makes it accessible for everyone.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article