Our Picks for Best LASIK Surgeon in Minneapolis
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 41 Lasik Surgeons in Minneapolis, MN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 11158 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Lasik surgeon in Minneapolis.
2311 S Wayzata Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55405
People feel that Joffe Medicenter is a great place to go for Lasik surgery, and that the staff is supportive and professional. They also mention that the pricing is affordable compared to most places in the Twin Cities. Some people feel that their original prescription was strong after the procedure, while others report that their vision has continued to improve over time.
- People feel very welcoming and supportive.
- Affordable pricing when compared to other places in the Twin Cities.
- Fast procedure (8 minutes in and out).
- Excellent results so far (20/15 vision after just one follow up appointment).
OVO LASIK + LENS
6099 Wayzata Blvd LASIK Suite 100 + LENS Suite 120, St Louis Park, MN 55416
People feel that OVO LASIK + LENS is a welcoming and professional environment. They feel that the staff is knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire process, from consultation to procedure. People also appreciate how quickly and painlessly the surgery went. People feel confident in Dr. Loomis' ability to provide thorough care and answer any questions they may have. Overall, people highly recommend OVO LASIK + LENS for anyone considering laser eye surgery!
- People feel very welcoming and professional.
- The environment is clean and comfortable.
- Dr. Loomis was thorough with my exam and answered any questions I had.
- Procedure was quick and painless.
- Would definitely recommend to others!
Minnesota Eye Consultants
11091 Ulysses St NE Suite 300, Blaine, MN 55434
People feel that Minnesota Eye Consultants are professional, efficient, and friendly. They appreciate the care that is given to them during their visits. Some reviewers feel that the doctors are excellent as well.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The staff is very friendly and professional, making the experience easy and enjoyable.
- They are able to efficiently schedule appointments and provide accurate information about what is happening during exams.
- Drs Hanson and Fogal are both highly skilled professionals who take care to explain their findings in a way that is easy to understand.
3252A W Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55416
People feel that Greenway Vision is a great place to go for eye care, with helpful staff and good service. They feel that the selection of frames is limited, but they are happy with what they can find. People also appreciate the doctor's attentiveness and rapport with patients.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at Calhoun Vision.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful in finding the right frames for each patient.
- There is a good rapport between patients and doctors, which leads to better care.
North Suburban Eye Specialists
4520 Centerville Rd, White Bear Lake, MN 55127
People feel that North Suburban Eye Specialists is a good place to go for eye care, and that the doctors are thorough and professional. They also appreciate the customer service.
- People feel very comfortable and welcome at this clinic.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and provide excellent care.
- They have a new diagnostic tool which is helpful in providing accurate information about the patient's eye health.
- The staff is friendly and efficient, making the visit easy and enjoyable.
River Lake Clinic PLLC
4323 E Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55406
People feel that River Lake Clinic PLLC provides a thorough eye examination, offers level-headed observations about things to consider as they age (including that maybe it makes sense to re-test their vision at the DMV!), and provides excellent service. Some people feel that the clinic is small and unwelcoming, but this young lady made it alive. People also appreciate the conversations they had with her.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
- The clinic provides high quality services at a fair price.
Saint Anthony Eye Clinic
2929 Pentagon Dr, St Anthony, MN 55418
People feel that Saint Anthony Eye Clinic is a great place to go for eye care, with friendly staff and high-quality technology. They also appreciate the wide selection of frames and the fast service. Some people have been coming here for years, and would recommend it to others.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at the clinic.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
- The selection of frames is great.
- The technology used in the clinic is top notch.
- Services are provided quickly and efficiently.
3300 Edinborough Way Suite 412, Edina, MN 55435
People feel that LasikPlus is a good place to go for Lasik because the staff are nice and informative, there are no issues with the office feel or credit card, and they provide a lot of information. People also like that self care is the best care and that they were able to do all parts of their procedure in one week. Some people are scared before surgery but feel reassured by the team after surgery. Overall, people seem happy with their results.
- People feel very positive about the results of their surgery.
- The staff is very friendly and informative.
- They provide a lot of information before your surgery so that you can make an informed decision.
- The process is very simple and quick, with minimal pain.
- There are no long term side effects associated with this procedure.
Chu Vision Institute
9117 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420
People feel that Chu Vision Institute is professional, convenient, and never feels rushed. They appreciate that there is rarely a wait, and the doctors are kind and patient with questions. People are disappointed because they were told to wait for corrective surgery but ended up having it sooner than expected.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting this office.
- The front desk is always friendly and accommodating.
- There is never a wait at this office, which is great.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and seem to care about their patients.
- This office has state of the art filtration systems.
Insight Vision Care
7731 Flying Cloud Dr., Eden Prairie, MN 55344
People feel that Insight Vision Care is a great place with excellent Doctors and staff, that previous clinic where they used to go would always miss the billing and it would end up being 2-3 months ordeal to get everything fixed every single visit for 6-7 years. At Insight Vision Care, everything went as smooth as it could be. They received a confirmation that bills were paid by insurance and a thank you cards in the mail from Dr. Afira. People also feel that Dr. Hassan performed a Strabismus surgery for their kid and are very happy with the accuracy and eye positioning. People also feel that they will highly recommend Dr. Hassan for all your eye related issues.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at Insight Vision Care.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and able to explain things in a way that is easy to understand.
- The staff is friendly and helpful, making it easy for patients to get the care they need.
Sanderson Eye Clinic
5137 Gus Young Ln, Edina, MN 55436
People feel that Sanderson Eye Clinic is a great place to go for eye care. They appreciate the kindness and skill of the doctors, as well as the promptness of appointments. They feel that everyone there is friendly and helpful, and that they have always felt like they were cared for in a way that was top notch.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at the clinic.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Dr. Sanderson is an excellent eye doctor who takes care of his patients well.
- The clinic has a very nice space that makes it easy to feel relaxed while being examined.
Edina Plastic Surgery, Ltd.
6525 France Ave S #300, Edina, MN 55435
People feel that Edina Plastic Surgery, Ltd. is responsive, professional, and has excellent customer service. They feel that Dr Leigh is a skilled surgeon who takes the time to listen to patients and provides excellent results. Some people mention that he can be difficult to connect with personally, but his expertise is more than worth it.
- People feel incredibly responsive and welcoming at Edina Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Leigh is an excellent surgeon with years of experience, who takes the time to listen to his patients and provide a personalized treatment plan.
- The staff is highly knowledgeable and attentive, always willing to go above and beyond to ensure satisfaction.
- Excellent communication between the doctors and their patients ensures that everyone understands what's happening throughout the process.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article