Best LASIK Surgeon In Milwaukee
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 42 Lasik Surgeons in Milwaukee, WI, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 5081 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Lasik surgeon in Milwaukee.
2761 S 108th St, West Allis, WI 53227
People feel that Visionworks is a great place to go for glasses, contacts, and eye care. They appreciate the helpfulness of the staff and feel that they got good value for their money.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting this location.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful, always willing to help with whatever needs be done.
- Prices are very reasonable for the quality of services provided.
- There is a wide variety of options available when it comes to glasses and contacts, which makes finding what you need easy.
Eye Care Vision Center of Wauwatosa
6412 W North Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53213
People feel that Eye Care Vision Center of Wauwatosa is a great place to go for eye care, with the staff being friendly and helpful. They feel that the doctor is excellent and does a more thorough check-up exam than most of their previous doctors. People also appreciate the frame selection at this office.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable when visiting this eye care center.
- The staff are very friendly and helpful, and they have a great selection of glasses to choose from.
- Dr. Lind is an excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to her patients and provide them with the best possible care.
- The clinic offers a variety of services, including cornea exams and prescription glasses fitting.
Simon Family Eye Care
15300 W Grange Ave, New Berlin, WI 53151
People feel that Simon Family Eye Care is professional, friendly, and thorough. They appreciate that the staff worked with them to get an appointment sooner than expected. People also appreciate Paula's customer service skills.
- People feel very professional and take their time during exams.
- Equipment is always clean and sanitized.
- Appointments are always on time.
- Dr. Simon is very thorough with his examinations and takes the time to explain everything to patients.
Lang Family Eye Care
Nat'l professional Building, 15855 W National Ave UNIT 101, New Berlin, WI 53151
People feel that Lang Family Eye Care is a good place to go for an eye exam, and that the staff is friendly and helpful. They also feel that the doctor is knowledgeable and explains things in a way that is easy to understand. Some people mention that it can be difficult to get an appointment at this clinic, but once they are seen they are happy with the service.
- People feel comfortable and welcome at this clinic.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
- They take the time to listen to patients and explain their findings in a way that is easy to understand.
- This clinic offers a variety of services, including optometry, ophthalmology, and contact lenses.
325 E Chicago St #100, Milwaukee, WI 53202
People feel that Metro Eye provides good service, offers a variety of glasses options, and is affordable. They also appreciate the level of professionalism and care that they feel is provided by the staff. Some reviewers mention that the environment at Metro Eye can be fun and energetic, which makes it a great place to visit.
- People feel like family at Metro Eye
- Excellent customer service
- Technology is always ahead of the competition
- Options for glasses are impressive
8469 S Howell Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154
People feel that Family Vision is a great place to go for eye care, with friendly staff and thorough exams. They also appreciate the large selection of frames and the ability to get new glasses under warranty quickly. Some people feel that the prices are a bit high, but overall they have had a positive experience.
- People feel very welcoming and friendly.
- Eye exams are very thorough and personal.
- Huge selection of frames!
- They manage to get you a new set of glasses under warranty in just a few days!
- Great people that are very knowledgeable about eye health and vision.
- Very friendly staff.
Anderson & Shapiro Eye Surgeons
1200 John Q Hammons Dr Ste 100, Madison, WI 53717
People feel that Anderson & Shapiro Eye Surgeons are convenient, thorough, and excellent. They also feel that Dr. Shapiro is great and remembers personal details about the family. People are happy with their care and recommend the clinic to others.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting Anderson & Shapiro Eye Surgeons.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Dr. Shapiro is an excellent doctor who takes the time to know his patients.
- The clinic provides high quality care for their patients.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
745 Kenney Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
People feel that TLC Laser Eye Centers are kind, friendly, and incredibly educated; that they had no complications; and that their vision is still 20/20. People also feel that TLC Laser Eye Centers are great service providers who take care of patients pre- and post-surgery.
- People feel very welcoming and kind.
- The surgery is very fast and painless.
- There are no complications so far.
- They accept online coupons which is great!
North Shore Eye Health and Wellness
N54W6135 Mill St suite 700, Cedarburg, WI 53012
People feel that North Shore Eye Health and Wellness is a welcoming and professional office. They appreciate the attention to detail and education provided by the doctors. Patients feel that they are in good hands with Dr. Ross and his team.
- People feel welcome and comfortable from the moment they walk in.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and helpful.
- The office is modern, clean, and comfortable.
7511 Harwood Ave, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
People feel that Be Spectacled is a great place to go for an eye exam, and that the staff is friendly and efficient. They also feel that the doctor is thorough and professional. Some people mention that they had trouble getting their prescription correct the first time, but after following up with the doctor they were able to get it corrected. Overall, these reviews are positive and recommend Be Spectacled to others looking for an eye doctor.
- People feel very friendly and helpful when visiting the store.
- The staff is very knowledgeable about glasses and can help find the perfect pair for you.
- They offer a wide variety of frames to choose from, as well as different types of lenses.
- The prices are very reasonable, especially compared to other optometrists in the area.
- The office is always clean and organized.
5312 S 27th St, Milwaukee, WI 53221
People feel that MyEyeDr. is competent and caring, with a long history of providing good service. They appreciate that Dr. Baisden is friendly and knowledgeable, and they feel that the staff is also friendly and helpful. They were happy to find Badger Vision easy to get directions to from where they were staying, and they would definitely recommend the practice to others.
- People feel very competent and caring from the staff.
- The establishment has been around for a long time, so patients feel like they're in good hands.
- There is no pressure to buy anything, which makes it more comfortable for patients.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article