Best LASIK Surgeon In Houston
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 27 Lasik Surgeons in Houston, TX, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 13973 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Lasik surgeon in Houston.
5420 W Loop S #4200, Bellaire, TX 77401
People feel that Joffe MediCenter is life-changing, that their vision changed overnight after their LASIK procedure, and that they are still happy with the result. Some people feel that the office is nice and informative, while others feel that the office is honest in telling them that they may not be a good candidate for LASIK because of their high prescription. Some people feel that referring friends is a great way to make money at Joffe MediCenter.
- People feel life-changing after getting their surgery done here.
- The staff is very friendly and informative.
- You can see a significant improvement in your vision after getting the surgery done here.
Mann Eye Institute - Houston Office
5115 Fannin St Suite 1000 10th Floor, Houston, TX 77004
People feel that Mann Eye Institute - Houston Office is great because of the group of people there, the efficiency and compassion they were treated with, and how helpful everyone is. They also feel that Dr. Mann is great and that he made them feel at ease before and during their procedures.
- People feel comfortable and safe at the clinic.
- The front desk staff are amazing, caring and very informative!
- Dr Chang is wonderful and caring and very attentive.
- Mann is definitely better than most eye clinics in the Med center.
- Fantastic, friendly, and fabulous optical care!
Mann Eye Institute
18850 S Memorial Dr, Humble, TX 77338
People feel that Mann Eye Institute is a great group of people with state-of-the-art tools, and that they were made to feel comfortable during the procedure. They also appreciate the efficiency and compassion shown by the staff. Some reviewers mention that Dr. Mann is wonderful and caring, while others say he is excellent at explaining what will be done. All in all, reviewers are very happy with their experience at Mann Eye Institute.
- People feel comfortable and safe at the clinic.
- The efficiency and compassion of the staff is commendable.
- Dr Mann and his team are highly skilled and experienced in their field.
- The results achieved by patients have been overwhelmingly positive.
Berkeley Eye Center
3100 Weslayan St # 400, Houston, TX 77027
People feel that Berkeley Eye Center is welcoming, professional, and has a great selection of glasses. They also feel that the doctors are knowledgeable and personable. Some people had to wait a little longer than they wanted, but overall the experience was good.
- People feel welcomed and well taken care of when visiting Berkeley Eye Center.
- The location is nostalgic because it's in the mall...I went in as a kid.....and it's not the same. But the clinic is nice and the staff is friendly.
- The optometrist is like a nurturing fourth grade teacher during an exam and that was relaxing since I haven't been for an exam in....well...!
- From exam to prescription to glasses was a great experience!
Diagnostic Eye Center
3405 Edloe St Ste 300, Houston, TX 77027
People feel that Diagnostic Eye Center is a professional and knowledgeable place. They appreciate the fact that the doctors take their time to explain things clearly, and they feel that the screening process is thorough. Patients also appreciate the fact that Dr. Salem was very thorough with both their history and current eye situation.
- People feel very welcoming and professional.
- The doctors take their time to explain things clearly.
- There is a lot of knowledge on display, which makes the visit more enjoyable.
- The facility is very clean and well-maintained.
Whitsett Vision Group
1237 Campbell Rd, Houston, TX 77055
People feel that Whitsett Vision Group is a great place to go for lasik surgery. They feel that the doctors are very knowledgeable and compassionate, and that the procedure was easy and painless. People also feel that the staff is amazing, and that they would recommend this group to anyone looking for lasik surgery.
- People feel very knowledgeable and compassionate when they visit Whitsett Vision Group.
- The doctors are very understanding and work with patients to help them feel comfortable during the surgery.
- There is no pain or discomfort after lasik surgery, which is a huge relief for many patients.
- The staff is friendly and welcoming, always willing to help.
Berkeley Eye Center - East Freeway
12140 East Fwy, Houston, TX 77029
People feel that Berkeley Eye Center - East Freeway provides excellent customer service, is close to where they live, and that the doctors are professional and attentive. Some people feel that the office is clean and convenient.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting this location.
- The customer service is excellent, with everyone being very friendly and helpful.
- The doctors are also very professional and attentive to patients' needs.
- This location is convenient for residents of the East Freeway area.
Houston Lasik Vision Center
1001 Texas Ave #1400, Houston, TX 77002
People feel that Houston Lasik Vision Center is a great place to go for their LASIK procedure. They feel that the staff is friendly and professional, and that the wait time is not too long. They also appreciate how the doctor who performed their surgery talked them through every step of the way. People feel that it was a smooth experience overall and would definitely recommend this place to others.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when they walk in.
- The wait time is not too long, and the surgery itself is relatively short.
- The staff are very friendly and professional.
- They offer a great deal on Groupon!
Mattioli Vision Professionals / An IQ Laser Vision Partner
2200 Southwest Fwy Suite 500, Houston, TX 77098
People feel that Mattioli Vision Professionals / An IQ Laser Vision Partner is a great place to go for Lasik surgery, with staff being friendly and efficient. They also feel that Dr. Mattioli is excellent at his job and was able to complete the surgery with ease. Some people mention that the office is beautiful, while others say it's just as good as any other medical office. All in all, reviewers are very happy with their experience at Mattioli Vision Professionals / An IQ Laser Vision Partner.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable at Mattioli Vision Professionals.
- Aldo is a great doctor who takes the time to answer all of your questions and address any concerns you may have.
- The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, making the entire process easy and smooth.
- The results of lasik surgery are truly amazing
- patients can see 20/20 without glasses after undergoing this procedure at Mattioli Vision Professionals.
Laser Eye Institute
5400 Bissonnet St, Bellaire, TX 77401
People feel that Laser Eye Institute is a great place to go for surgery, with everyone being very kind and caring. They also feel that the doctor is excellent and that he has a lot of experience. People are happy with their results so far.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- The staff is very kind and caring.
- Dr. Segal is an excellent doctor.
- The surgery went smoothly.
Hung Le MD, Le Eye Institute
6002 Rogerdale Rd #150, Houston, TX 77072
People feel that Hung Le MD, Le Eye Institute is a good place to have laser corrective surgery, has good location, easy to find parking, friendly and helpful staff, efficient and things move along pretty well. People also feel that the doctor is knowledgeable and clearly explained what he found, how it impacted them and what would be the best solution.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The location is great, as it's easy to find parking and the building is well-maintained.
- The staff are very friendly and helpful, with clear explanations of what's happening during each stage of the treatment process.
- Prices for services are very reasonable, making this an affordable option for those looking to improve their vision.
- Results from laser eye surgery can be extremely satisfying
- many people report seeing improvements that far exceed their expectations.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article