Best LASIK Surgeon In Detroit
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 33 Lasik Surgeons in Detroit, MI, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 8865 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Lasik surgeon in Detroit.
Henry Ford OptimEyes Super Vision Center - Westland
35184 Central City Pkwy, Westland, MI 48185
People feel that Henry Ford OptimEyes Super Vision Center - Westland is spacious, efficient, and professional. They appreciate the courtesy and friendliness of the staff. People feel that they get good service every time they visit. Some people feel that the optometrists are the best here, while others feel that it is just a good place overall.
- People feel welcome and are professional.
- The office is spacious and has a variety of seating options.
- Glasses selection process is efficient.
- Eye exams are conducted by professionals who take safety measures seriously.
Lake Lazer Eye Center: Shabbir Khambati, M.D.
25811 W 12 Mile Rd Suite 100, Southfield, MI 48034
People feel that Lake Lazer Eye Center: Shabbir Khambati, M.D. is a successful place to have PRK eye surgery, with few side effects. They appreciate the calming voice of the doctor during the surgery and feel that he is excellent at his job. People also feel that they have never had to wait long for their appointments and love their lasik eye surgery.
- People feel very confident in the hands of Dr. Khambati and his team
- The surgery is very successful so far with no side effects reported
- Appointments are always on time, and there have never been any long wait times
- Excellent doctor who takes the time to explain everything to patients
Castleman Eye Center
13080 Eureka Rd, Southgate, MI 48195
People feel that Castleman Eye Center is a great place to go for Lasik surgery, with good reviews for the staff and doctors. They also feel that the process was easy to understand and that there was minimal discomfort after the surgery. Some people mention that Dr. Singh is amazing and down-to-earth, while others say she is the best doctor they have ever had. Overall, people are very happy with their experience at Castleman Eye Center.
- People feel comfortable here. They are kind and understanding.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- There is a great sense of community here. Everyone seems to be working together towards a common goal, which is providing excellent care for their patients.
- The procedure was explained in detail beforehand, so there were no surprises during or after the surgery. .
- Dr. Singh has an amazing bedside manner, which makes the experience even more pleasant for patients.
Rahmani Eye Institute
19727 Allen Rd # 11, Brownstown Charter Twp, MI 48183
People feel that Rahmani Eye Institute is a great place to go for cataract surgery, LASIK, and general eye care. They appreciate the friendly staff and cleanliness of the waiting area. The doctors are professional and answer all questions. People also feel that Rahmani Eye Institute is a great place to go for lasik surgery.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting the clinic.
- The equipment is state of the art, making the surgery more efficient.
- The staff are friendly and professional, always willing to help.
- Recovery time is quick and easy, with no discomfort or pain involved.
Cataract and Eye Consultants of Michigan
23133 Orchard Lake Rd Suite 205, Farmington, MI 48336
People feel that Cataract and Eye Consultants of Michigan is outstanding, with great people skills and professional care. They also appreciate the personal interaction that Dr. Sarah Muenk provides during any treatment or follow-up appointment. Patients feel confident in the hands of Dr. Parent and would recommend him to others.
- People feel very comfortable with the staff and doctors. They are all very personable and professional.
- The quality of care is excellent, with Dr. Parent being particularly outstanding.
- There is always a sense of professionalism and courtesy when dealing with the clinic.
Michigan Eye Institute
1005 S Lapeer Rd, Lapeer, MI 48446
People feel that Michigan Eye Institute is professional, friendly, and thorough. They appreciate the staff's patience and kindness. People feel that lasik was a positive experience thanks to the professionalism of the staff and doctor.
- People feel very welcome and professional.
- The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful.
- The doctor is thorough and takes the time to answer any questions.
- I highly recommend Michigan Eye Institute!
12745 23 Mile Rd Suite 100, Shelby Twp, MI 48315
People feel that LasikPlus is a good place to go for Lasik because the staff are friendly and informative, and they provide a lot of information. They also feel that self-care is the best care, as they have been wearing contacts and glasses for 20 years and when Lasik came around, they were nervous about the price but decided to go ahead with it anyway. People feel that their vision improved after surgery at LasikPlus. Some people felt scared before surgery but the team made it seem less scary. There is a lifetime guarantee if anything does happen in the future.
- People feel very positive about the results of their surgery.
- The staff is very friendly and informative.
- They provide a lot of information before your surgery so that you can make an informed decision.
- The process is very simple and quick, with minimal pain or discomfort.
- There are no long term risks associated with this procedure.
Laser Eye Institute
355 E Big Beaver Rd, Troy, MI 48083
People feel that Laser Eye Institute is great for laser surgery, with good results. They feel comfortable and informed about the procedures they are undergoing. Some people have had temporary issues after their surgeries (such as light sensitivity or occasional dryness), but these seem to be resolved over time. Overall, people highly recommend this clinic for laser eye surgery.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- Dr. Haddad and his team are very down to earth and make you feel like you're in good hands.
- The clinic is very clean and professional.
- Procedure went well without any discomfort or dryness.
Grosinger Spigelman & Grey PC
1750 S Telegraph Rd Suite 205, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
People feel that Grosinger Spigelman & Grey PC is the best eye surgeon, and that they are very confident in the care they receive. People also feel that Dr. Grey is an excellent doctor who spends as much time as needed with patients, and that the staff is friendly and professional.
- People feel confident in the care they receive.
- The staff is professional and friendly.
- Dr. Grosinger is a competent and professional surgeon.
- Dr. Grey exhibits excellence in every form.
Henry Ford OptimEyes - Detroit Renaissance Center
400 Renaissance Center Suite 1402, Detroit, MI 48243
People feel that Henry Ford OptimEyes - Detroit Renaissance Center is a great place to go for an eye exam, with the staff being friendly and accommodating. They also feel that the selection of eyeglasses is limited, and that there was an issue with customer service following up on an issue.
- People feel welcoming and accommodating.
- Doctor Saleh is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything to you.
- Selection of eyeglasses is good.
- Jessica followed up quickly on an issue I had.
1135 W University Dr Suite 155, Rochester, MI 48307
People feel that Michigan Ophthalmology is a great place to go for vision care, with helpful staff and excellent doctors. They appreciate the level of professionalism and care shown from all staff members, starting with Dr Vrabec. Patients also appreciate how knowledgeable Dr Vrabec is about his field, and find him to be clear in his answers to questions and concerns. Overall, patients are very happy with their experience at Michigan Ophthalmology.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting this office.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Dr. Vrabec has a great bedside manner and is an excellent surgeon.
- There are no long wait times for appointments or procedures.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article