Best Eye Doctors In Little Rock, AR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Little Rock Optometrists in Little Rock, Little Rock, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Little Rock reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Little Rock.
Little Rock Eye Clinic
201 Executive Ct A, Little Rock, AR 72205
The eye care center is highly recommended by most customers for its knowledgeable, professional doctors who take time to explain eye exams thoroughly, even to children. The majority found the staff kind and helpful. A few complained of higher costs and less personable staff.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center are knowledgeable and take their time to explain everything clearly. They are described as being thorough and patient during the eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, kind, and helpful. They have a great team that makes the experience pleasant and enjoyable.
- Quick and efficient service: Some reviewers mention that the check-in process is quick and easy, and they were able to get in and out of the clinic in a timely manner. This eye care center values their patients' time and provides efficient service.
112 S University Ave, Little Rock, AR 72205
Customers praised the clean facility, quick exams by Dr. Choate, and helpful staff. They appreciated the wide frame selection and reasonable pricing compared to other eye care providers, as well as quick glasses delivery with options to order more. Some complaints mentioned misleading ads about free exams, limited discounted frame options, long wait times, and glasses order mistakes.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviews mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were friendly and welcoming, making customers feel comfortable during their visit.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews praised the eye care center for their fast and efficient service. Customers mentioned that they were able to get their eye exam and pick up their glasses within a short amount of time.
- Affordable prices and deals: Customers appreciated the affordability of the eye care center, especially in terms of pricing for eye exams and glasses. Some reviewers mentioned special deals and discounts that helped them save money on their eyewear.
Little Rock Eye Clinic North
4104 Richards Rd, North Little Rock, AR 72117
While one customer reported frustrations with the patient portal and communication, most reviews praised the friendly, professional staff, knowledgeable doctors, and quality care received. The majority highly recommend this clinic for its service and attentive eye care.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center, such as Dr. DeClue, Dr. Brown, and Dr. Burk, are knowledgeable, friendly, and take the time to answer questions and address concerns during eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and welcoming staff at this eye care center. They mention that the staff members are professional, kind, and courteous, and take the time to talk to patients and address their needs.
- Great patient experience: Several reviews highlight the overall positive patient experience at this eye care center. Patients mention that they never feel rushed during their eye exams and that the environment is clean and inviting.
203 N University Ave #160, Little Rock, AR 72205
Customers praise the eye care center for its fast, friendly service and knowledgeable staff. Specific employees like Harryson, Joan, Jason and Nicole receive recognition for exceptional customer service, helping select frames, and repairing glasses. Reviewers appreciate the manager’s professionalism and people skills. In summary, customers emphasize having a positive, satisfactory experience at this eye care center.
- Fast and hospitable service: One customer mentioned that they were able to get an eye exam, pick out frames, and have them ready in just one hour. This is great for busy individuals who need quick and efficient service.
- Excellent customer service: Several customers praised specific staff members for their exceptional customer service. They mentioned names like Jason, Jade, Harrison, Joan, and Nicole who were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. This is a positive sign of attentive and dedicated staff.
- Variety of high-end frames: A customer mentioned that the location had a great selection of high-end frames, which is exactly what they were looking for. This is beneficial for individuals who want stylish and high-quality options for their eyewear.
McFarland Eye Care
9800 Baptist Health Dr #301, Little Rock, AR 72205
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback. Patients described the staff as professional, friendly, and attentive during exams. Drs. Hooper, Willett, and Brogdon were praised for their expertise and quality care. The sole criticism concerned the self-service check-in.
- Professional and friendly staff
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams
- Great with kids and making them comfortable during exams
Simmons Eye Care – Little Rock
11115 Hermitage Rd, Little Rock, AR 72211
Simmons Eye Care is highly regarded for their comprehensive eye exams performed by knowledgeable optometrists. Patients consistently describe the staff as friendly, professional, and accommodating. Many appreciate the personalized care and that they are not pressured to purchase eyewear onsite. This exceptional eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers mentioned receiving thorough eye exams and having their questions answered by the doctors.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The office staff was described as friendly, professional, and helpful. Customers appreciated the staff's expertise and ability to explain things clearly.
- Accommodating and efficient service: Customers mentioned that the clinic was able to accommodate their appointments quickly, even for emergencies. They also praised the clinic for being efficient and not pressuring them to buy glasses.
Progressive Eye Center & Boutique
2520 Crestwood Rd, North Little Rock, AR 72116
Overall, while most reviews of the eye care center applaud the expertise and affability of its physicians, some cite issues obtaining prescriptions and delayed billing refunds. However, the preponderance of customers endorse its optical services.
- Professionalism and personality: Multiple reviewers mentioned the professionalism and friendly nature of the staff, providing a positive experience during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Reviewers appreciated the knowledge and thoroughness of the doctors, who took the time to explain and answer any questions about their eye care.
- Good customer service and friendly staff: The staff at Progressive Eye Center was praised for their friendliness, helpfulness, and informative approach, making patients feel welcomed and comfortable during their visits.
Little Rock Eye Clinic West
4200 Rodney Parham Rd #101, Little Rock, AR 72212
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff, particularly Drs. Criswell and Blair. Patients feel the doctors prioritize eye health and provide comprehensive exams. Reviews also commend the clinic’s professional, compassionate, and clean environment.
- Thorough and Knowledgeable Eye Exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this clinic, particularly with Dr. Criswell and Dr. Blair, are thorough and exceed expectations. Patients feel that their eye health matters to the doctors and appreciate their professionalism and knowledge.
- Friendly and Courteous Staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this clinic is friendly, welcoming, and professional. They appreciate the compassionate and respectful treatment they receive from both the doctors and the support staff.
- Efficient and Prompt Service: Patients appreciate that this clinic is quick and efficient, with minimal wait times. They also mention that they never feel pressured to buy glasses or contacts, and appreciate the small optical department available.
Success Vision Express
4120 E McCain Blvd Ste 104, North Little Rock, AR 72117
The eye care center receives positive feedback for affordable pricing, attentive staff, and prompt service. Customers report satisfaction with the range of budget-friendly frames. Staff assistance with frame selection is noted as helpful. While an initial prescription issue occurred, the center resolved it to the customer’s satisfaction. The waiting area’s calming music and welcoming atmosphere also draw praise. In general, customers relate positive experiences at the eye care center.
- Affordable eye exams and glasses: Multiple reviews mention the affordable prices at this eye care center, with one reviewer mentioning getting an eye exam and two pairs of glasses for under $100.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviews highlight the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at this location, mentioning that they took the time to explain things and went above and beyond to assist customers.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arkansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arkansas aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.44, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 8.75. in Arkansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arkansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arkansas.
- The In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (12.1%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5 percentage points. and In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.94%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arkansas
- In Arkansas, 6.98% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arkansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.25% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.44% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arkansas face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arkansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arkansas.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 9.94% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arkansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.71% of children in Arkansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arkansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.98% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arkansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.