Best LASIK Surgeon In Scottsdale, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Scottsdale LASIK Surgeons in Scottsdale, Scottsdale, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Scottsdale reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Scottsdale.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2929 E Camelback Rd Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Patients greatly appreciate the life-changing lasik surgery here. The friendly, knowledgeable staff provide thorough consultations and affordable pricing. However, some reviews cite issues with scheduling and post-op pain or dissatisfaction.
- Efficient and fast process with great results: The lasik surgeon has a quick and easy process that leaves patients with fantastic results and minimal discomfort.
- Thorough consultations: The free consultations provide a thorough assessment of eligibility and a detailed rundown of the whole surgery process to help patients make informed decisions.
- Friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors: Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff, and several surgeons have been praised for being honest and comforting during the procedure.
16427 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 105, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Dr. Perry's patients report satisfaction with his thorough examinations and explanations of procedures. He provides caring touches like pre-op calls and painless surgeries. His knowledgeable, friendly staff enable great outcomes.
- Professional, friendly and knowledgeable staff who answer all questions and make patients feel comfortable before, during, and after surgery.
- Thorough exams and personalized adjustments made to ensure proper healing and the best possible visual outcome.
- Quick and easy procedure with experienced and skilled surgeon who checks in with patients before and after surgery to ensure they are doing well.
14269 N 87th St 2nd Floor, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Petelin Vision patients appreciate the professional, friendly staff and optometrists who provide thorough, cutting-edge eye exams. Clients value the personalized service, efficiency, and successful cataract and LASIK results from Dr. Petelin. A small number of reviews cited longer wait times and less helpful staff.
- Friendly, professional, and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough and detailed exams using state of the art equipment
- Excellent patient care and communication from the doctors, including clear explanations and addressing any concerns
Swagel Wootton Eye Institute-Mesa
220 S 63rd St, Mesa, AZ 85206
Patients consistently commend the prompt, professional service at Swagel Wootton Eye Institute. Patients value the thorough evaluations and clear explanations from knowledgeable surgeons like Dr. Ramsey and Dr. Reed. Many also appreciate the personalized attention from staff like Josh and Diane. Highly recommended for all eye care.
- Courteous and professional service provided by the staff and doctor.
- Knowledgeable and informative consultations and exams.
- Clean and well-kept facility with friendly and helpful staff.
1245 W Chandler Blvd #3, Chandler, AZ 85224
Most patients describe Dr. Perry and his staff as friendly and professional. The lasik procedure is considered quick, easy, and life-changing by many who can finally see clearly without glasses or contacts. Payment plans and zero-interest options are appreciated. However, some cite issues with appointment cancellations or poor communication. Overall, patients recommend this practice to those seeking lasik eye surgery.
- Dr. Gabriel Perry and his team are calm, reassuring, and provide excellent customer service.
- The payment plan is easy to set up and offers the option to pay off in interest-free 12 months.
- The staff is friendly, informative, and accommodating, and the procedure is quick and easy, with most patients experiencing better than 20/20 vision.
The LASIK Vision Institute
960 W Elliot Rd #106, Tempe, AZ 85284
Patients at the Tempe LASIK Vision Institute were very satisfied with the kind, knowledgeable staff and quick, easy procedure. Many happily reported improved vision without glasses or contacts. A few mentioned issues with aftercare or inexpert staff, but most reviews were positive.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease before and during the procedure
- Quick and efficient procedure that can be life-changing for those tired of wearing glasses or contacts
- Clear instructions and thorough follow-up care provided by the staff to ensure proper healing and long-term success of the surgery. Many highly recommend the Lasik Vision Institute and praise their customer service and lifetime guarantee.
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center
1500 S Dobson Rd #313, Mesa, AZ 85202
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center patients report satisfied experiences, citing knowledgeable doctors, attentive staff, and cutting-edge technology. Thorough eye exams and friendly service ease patients through procedures like LASIK and cataract surgery. With a focus on customer service and patient health, Carrot LASIK comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Excellent customer service
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment.
Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction
160 W University Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
Moretsky Cassidy Valley Eye Specialists receives consistently positive reviews for its knowledgeable and compassionate doctors, friendly staff, and professional atmosphere. Patients undergoing cataract and vision correction surgeries report smooth, efficient experiences and appreciate the thorough explanations and individualized attention from the surgeons. Many describe it as their top choice for exceptional eye care.
- Highly experienced and skilled surgeons, with successful cataract and vision correction surgeries.
- Friendly and professional staff who are attentive to patient needs and concerns.
- Thorough and compassionate care, with doctors who take the time to explain and answer all questions.
Laveen Lasik and Total Eyecare, PLLC
7205 S 51st Dr Suite 201, Laveen Village, AZ 85339
Patients consistently commend the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Laveen Total Eyecare and Lasik, especially Dr. Watkins and the optometrists. Reviews frequently cite punctual appointments and thorough exams. Lasik patients enthusiastically endorse the surgeon for his skill and the dramatic improvements to their vision, making Laveen a top choice for corrective eye care.
- Friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors who make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Offers a wide variety of vision care options and brands for glasses or lenses.
- Skilled and experienced in performing LASIK procedure with cutting-edge technology for vision correction.
Q Vision Cataract and LASIK Center
9201 E Mountain View Rd #125, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
QVision Lasik Surgery has received glowing reviews from patients regarding the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, particularly front desk receptionist Liz. Patients frequently cite Dr. Q and his team's expertise, thorough approach, and ability to provide reassurance throughout the procedure. Many patients have reported achieving 20/20 or better vision post-surgery. QVision also provides cataract surgery and PRK procedures. In summary, QVision comes highly recommended by satisfied patients.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, including the desk receptionist, medical assistants, and the doctor himself.
- Dr. Qamar is a skilled surgeon who produces excellent results, particularly for cataract and LASIK surgeries. He is thorough in his consultations and takes his time to explain everything to his patients.
- The entire Q Vision team provides a comfortable and seamless experience for their patients, with great communication and flexibility throughout the entire process. They prioritize their patient's comfort and satisfaction.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.