Best LASIK Surgeon In Phoenix, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 189 LASIK Surgeons in Phoenix, AZ, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 14871 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Phoenix.
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center
1500 S Dobson Rd #313, Mesa, AZ 85202
Carrott Lasik & Eye Center has knowledgeable doctors and professional staff who are friendly and caring. The facility is state of the art with modern equipment and technology. Patients highly recommend the practice for its excellent service, thoroughness, and impressive results, including successful lasik and cataract surgeries.
- Thoroughness and attentiveness of staff in checking for eye issues and emergencies, with quick reaction times and flexible scheduling
- Excellent customer service from friendly and knowledgeable staff, with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Successful outcomes and positive experiences with various eye surgeries and procedures, including cataract surgery and vision correction technologies like LASIK and SMILE, as well as ongoing eye care and checkups
The LASIK Vision Institute
2929 E Camelback Rd Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85016
The Lasik Vision Institute has received positive reviews for its efficient and painless procedures, helpful and informative staff, and successful outcomes with 18-20 vision. Many recommend the practice for its affordability and exceptional patient care. However, some negative reviews mention issues with office management and scheduling, inconsistent experiences with doctors, and, in one case, extreme pain and trauma during the procedure.
- Highly effective surgery with personalized mapping technology
- Quick and easy process with minimal discomfort and fast results
- Knowledgeable, informative, and caring staff who provide excellent patient care
16427 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 105, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Dr. Perry and his staff at LasikPlus in Scottsdale are highly recommended by satisfied patients who praise their professionalism, friendliness, and knowledge. Patients appreciate the thorough exam, personal attention, and clear explanations of the PRK procedure. The surgery is quick and relatively painless, with Dr. Perry providing follow-up calls to ensure patients are healing well. Patients report excellent results with 20/20 vision or better, no longer requiring glasses except for reading, driving, etc. However, there are some negative reviews that report pain during and after the procedure, poor bedside manner, lack of follow-up calls, and minimal preparation for the possibility of complications.
- Professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff.
- Thorough examination and personalized treatment plan based on individual needs.
- Quick and effective surgery with clear and improved vision post-procedure.
1245 W Chandler Blvd #3, Chandler, AZ 85224
LasikPlus has a knowledgeable staff that is very accommodating and helpful throughout the process. The procedure is quick and painless. Patients report seeing better than 20/20 vision within 24 hours of their procedure. Overall, LasikPlus provides an impressive experience backed by professional and compassionate care.
- Quick and easy procedure with friendly staff who make the experience comfortable and painless.
- Dr. Perry is highly recommended for his professionalism, compassion, and thoroughness, ensuring patients receive the best care possible.
- Informative and helpful staff providing in-depth knowledge about patients' eyes, offering more information than other eye doctors they may have seen.
The LASIK Vision Institute
960 W Elliot Rd #106, Tempe, AZ 85284
The Lasik Vision Institute has rave reviews with patients experiencing life-altering results and having very positive experiences. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and supportive, taking the time to explain each step of the process and answer all questions. The procedure is quick, painless, and efficient with the surgeons and staff skilled and informative. Patients are overwhelmed by the newfound freedom from glasses and contact lens, and most highly recommend the Lasik Vision Institute to others considering the procedure.
- Quick and easy procedure that makes a significant difference in vision, with great results reported by many patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide clear information and make patients feel comfortable and empowered throughout the process, from consultation to post-op follow-up visits.
- Highly skilled surgeon and efficient process that helps ensure patients receive high-quality care and experience minimal discomfort.
Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction
160 W University Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
Patients rave about the high level of professionalism, knowledge, and kindness shown by the staff and doctors at Moretsky Cassidy Valley Eye Specialists. Many report excellent outcomes from procedures performed by Dr. Cassidy, with improved vision and the ability to see clearly without glasses. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and personalized care provided by Dr. Kalina during eye exams, as well as his willingness to listen and answer questions. The staff is described as friendly, accommodating, and patient-focused, creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for all of their eye care needs.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeons, with successful outcomes reported by many patients.
- Friendly and professional staff, creating a welcoming atmosphere and providing excellent care.
- Thorough and personalized care, with doctors taking the time to address patient concerns and explain procedures and treatment options.
Laveen Lasik and Total Eyecare, PLLC
7205 S 51st Dr Suite 201, Laveen Village, AZ 85339
Patients highly recommend Laveen Lasik and Total Eyecare for their excellent service, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and thorough eye exams. Their doctors, Dr. Torrence Watkins and Dr. Ben Heller, are both highly recommended by patients for their professionalism, patient care, and expertise, particularly in performing LASIK surgeries. Patients also appreciate the wide variety of frames and contact lenses they offer, with some exclusive to their office.
- The staff at the practice are kind, courteous, accommodating, and professional.
- Dr. Watkins is informative, knowledgeable, and has outstanding quality vision care. He is also easy to talk to and caring towards his patients.
- The practice is thorough, offers competitive pricing, has a great selection of glasses and frames, and provides excellent service for Lasik and other procedures. Additionally, they have a new and beautiful location with modern technology.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Vision Correction
8763 E Bell Rd Ste 106, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Patients had positive experiences with the doctors and staff at Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center. Dr. Nappi was consistently praised for being professional, thorough, and knowledgeable. The staff was described as friendly and accommodating. Patients appreciated the cleanliness of the facility and the thoroughness of their exams. Some patients highlighted the efficiency of the check-in process and the use of technology. However, one negative review expressed frustration with miscommunication about the price of a procedure. Overall, patients recommended this eye center and appreciated their care.
- Fast appointment scheduling and efficient check-in process
- Dr. Nappi is a highly knowledgeable and caring doctor who takes the time to explain findings and answer all questions.
- Exceptional staff who are friendly, professional, and personable, making for a great overall experience.
Q Vision Cataract and LASIK Center
9201 E Mountain View Rd #125, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Patients raved about Dr Qamar and his staff at Q Vision, praising their professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness. Patients appreciated Dr Qamar's thoroughness in explaining the procedures and results, resulting in excellent outcomes with LASIK, cataract surgeries, and PRK. Patients felt comfortable and at ease during the procedures, thanks to Dr Qamar's excellent bedside manner, and the staff's compassion and care. Patients highly recommend Q Vision for anyone seeking out LASIK or cataract surgery.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, including the receptionist, the doctor's medical assistant, and Dr. Qamar himself.
- Excellent results for cataract and LASIK surgeries, with some patients achieving 20/20 vision and even better.
- Thorough and informative consultations, with Dr. Qamar taking the time to explain the procedure and answer all of the patients' questions. The LASIK procedure itself is quick and easy, with many patients seeing immediate improvement in their vision.
King LASIK - Scottsdale
21803 N Scottsdale Rd #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
King LASIK has received extremely positive reviews. Patients appreciate the professionalism and kind, knowledgeable staff. They report quick and easy procedures with an average of 20/20 vision results. Dr. King and his team provide a comfortable and clear experience for those seeking LASIK. Many people recommend King LASIK without hesitation, calling it a "life-changing" procedure.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain the procedure and make patients comfortable.
- Quick and painless procedure with impressive and life-changing results, even for those with extreme vision issues.
- Professionalism and attention to detail throughout every step of the process, including safety protocols and post-op care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article