Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Glendale, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 20 LASIK Surgeons in Glendale, AZ, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1511 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Glendale.
Anew Vision Eye Specialists
20325 N 51st Ave Suite 130, Glendale, AZ 85308
Anew Vision Eye Specialists is a highly recommended practice for those seeking exceptional eye care. Dr. Paturi and her team provide professional and attentive service, with a focus on holistic care. Patients have referred their loved ones to this office, confident in the quality of care they will receive.
- People feel very comfortable coming to this office.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Dr. Paturi is a great doctor who takes care of her patients well.
- This office has a holistic approach to eye care which is not common among specialists.
Arizona Eye Specialists (Glendale Office)
5620 W Thunderbird Rd h3, Glendale, AZ 85306
Arizona Eye Specialists in Glendale is a fantastic choice for LASIK surgery. Patients rave about the informative staff and the exceptional care they receive. While wait times can be long, the quality of care makes it worth it.
- People feel very informed and comfortable with the doctors and staff.
- The office is always clean and organized.
- Wait times are usually short, which is great.
- Excellent surgeons who take care of patients' eyes very well.
Southwestern Eye Center
5323 N 99th Ave Ste.155, Glendale, AZ 85305
Southwestern Eye Center receives high praise for their exceptional customer service, with Dr. Bleuth being particularly noteworthy for his ability to explain results in a clear and understandable manner. Patients appreciate the friendly and efficient staff, as well as minimal wait times. While there was one complaint about a missing lens, overall, Southwestern Eye Center is a top choice for those seeking a skilled and personable lasik surgeon.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at the clinic.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
- Wait time is minimal.
- Dr Jordan Bluth explained my exam results so i understood.
- They get an A plus.
Schwartz Laser Eye Center
18275 North 59th Avenue Suite# B-108, Glendale, AZ 85308
Schwartz Laser Eye Center is a fantastic choice for cataract surgery. The friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors make for a comfortable and reassuring experience. Trust in their expertise for your eye care needs.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting the clinic.
- The doctors are very friendly and knowledgeable about their work.
- The staff is always willing to help and go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable.
- The clinic offers a variety of services, including cataract surgery, which makes it easy for patients to find what they need.
Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Arizona
6677 W Thunderbird Rd bldg f suite 101, Glendale, AZ 85306
Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Arizona are known for their knowledgeable and professional staff. Dr. Patel takes the time to explain conditions and recommend treatment options. Although wait times can be long, patients are satisfied with their experience.
- People feel very comfortable and confident in the care they receive.
- The office is well organized and the staff is pleasant and courteous.
- Dr Patel is very knowledgeable smart and clear in explaining my concerns .He spends ample time with me till all my concerns are addressed.
- I highly recommend him.
Axis Eye Center
5310 W Thunderbird Rd, Glendale, AZ 85306
Axis Eye Center is a friendly and professional practice that provides exceptional care. Dr. Kamal and the team are highly skilled and the wait is worth it for the quality of service. The availability on Saturdays is a convenient bonus.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at Axis Eye Center.
- The staff is very friendly and professional.
- Dr. Kamal is a great doctor who can help you with any eye issue you may have.
- They are open on Saturdays, which is great for people who work during the week.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center
5285 W Bell Rd Ste 110, Glendale, AZ 85308
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center exudes warmth, friendliness, and efficiency. The doctors are highly skilled and the optician offers a great selection of glasses. A top choice for anyone seeking exceptional lasik surgery.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting the practice.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and able to provide excellent care.
- The staff is very friendly and efficient.
- The practice has developed a great system for providing services, which makes it easy to navigate.
George R Reiss, MD
6677 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg F Suite 101, Glendale, AZ 85306
Dr. George R Reiss is an exceptional lasik surgeon who is highly skilled in diagnosing and treating eye problems. Patients rave about his pleasant demeanor and expertise in the field. The office provides top-quality care and treatment plans tailored to each patient's needs.
- People feel very comfortable with the care they are receiving.
- Excellent surgeons who are known for their skill and pleasant demeanor.
- Great attention to detail in diagnosis and treatment plans.
Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction
5620 W Thunderbird Rd, Glendale, AZ 85306
Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction is a professional and efficient lasik surgeon's office that values their patients' time. The staff is welcoming and attentive, ensuring that patients feel comfortable throughout their visit. Patients appreciate the personalized care they receive at Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The staff is very professional and takes the time to listen to patients' concerns.
- They are able to provide a great level of care for their patients, even those who are new to the area.
Valley Eye Specialists
5620 W Thunderbird Rd Ste C5, Glendale, AZ 85306
Valley Eye Specialists is a highly professional and courteous practice, with a focus on efficiency and kindness. Patients appreciate the excellent care provided by Dr. Miller and the attentive staff, who never rush or patronize. The practice is known for its exceptional service and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at Valley Eye Specialists.
- The staff is very professional and takes care to listen to patients' concerns.
- Dr. Miller is an excellent doctor who has a lot of experience in the field of eye surgery.
Dr. Sanford L. Moretsky, DO
5620 W Thunderbird Rd Ste C5, Glendale, AZ 85306
Dr. Moretsky, DO is a knowledgeable and attentive lasik surgeon who takes the time to listen to his patients' concerns. While some may find his services expensive, many believe they are worth the cost. Patients can trust in the expertise and care provided by this practice.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Moretsky.
- He is highly experienced and knowledgeable in his field, which makes him a trusted source of medical advice.
- His office staff is friendly and accommodating, making it easy to schedule appointments and get questions answered.
- Dr. Moretsky takes the time to listen to patients' concerns and offers tailored treatment plans based on their individual needs.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article