Best Eye Doctors In Tucson, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Tucson Optometrists in Tucson, Tucson, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Tucson reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Tucson.
Hodges Eye Care and Surgical Center – Dr. Timothy Hodges
1502 N Tucson Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85716
Current Specials: FREE LASIK/SMILE Consultation
Hodges Eye Care provides knowledgeable, friendly doctors and staff who explain eye conditions and procedures thoroughly. Their office uses the latest technology for exams and surgeries, ensuring excellent care.
- Highly competent and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and inviting front desk staff, as well as the professional and supportive nature of the entire staff.
- Advanced technology: Hodges Eye Care and Surgical Center is praised for using the newest and most relevant technology in their treatments and procedures. This ensures that patients receive the best medical attention possible.
Arizona Eye Consultants
395 N Silverbell Rd #255, Tucson, AZ 85745
The eye care center was praised for comprehensive eye exams and knowledgeable doctors. However, some mentioned longer waits and crowded waiting areas. The friendly, efficient staff and excellent customer service were also highlighted.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors.
- Friendly and efficient staff.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center
698 E Wetmore Rd #100, Tucson, AZ 85705
The eye care center receives mainly positive feedback for thorough exams and professional staff. Patients commend Dr. Olson for his pleasant demeanor and attentive diagnosis. However, some reviews cite discourteous staff and poor communication as areas for improvement.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff and doctors at this eye care center provided thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring that all aspects of the patient's vision health were addressed.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviews praised the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff, noting that they made the patients feel comfortable and valued throughout their visit.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews specifically mentioned the professionalism and expertise of the doctors at this eye care center, highlighting their ability to explain eye conditions, answer questions, and provide personalized care.
You and Eyecare Optometry
4040 N Oracle Rd, Tucson, AZ 85705
Customers had largely positive experiences at this eye care center, with many reviewers highlighting the friendly, helpful staff and thorough, efficient exams. Patients valued the doctors’ explanations of results and willingness to answer questions. However, one customer did note an unexpected fee and another cited a long appointment wait time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough and informative eye exams.
- Quick and efficient eye exams with minimal wait times.
- State-of-the-art equipment and comprehensive exams by experienced optometrists.
Envision Eyecare Center
525 W Wetmore Rd, Tucson, AZ 85705
Envision Eyecare Center is highly recommended for Dr. McDonald’s attentive eye exams and the staff’s friendly, knowledgeable service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Patient and knowledgeable doctors
Clear View Vision Care
2233 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85719
Dr. Martin’s eye care center is lauded in most reviews for thorough exams utilizing advanced technology. Patients highlight the staff’s friendliness and Dr. Martin’s detailed explanations. One negative review cites issues with customer service and frame selection.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this facility are extremely comprehensive and thorough, using the latest technology and equipment. Patients appreciate the in-depth analysis of their eye health, as well as the clear explanations provided by Dr. Martin.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviews highlight the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at this eye care center. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the helpfulness and patience of the staff members.
- Early detection and prompt action: One review specifically mentions that Dr. Martin and his staff moved quickly to identify a potential retinal detachment and schedule the patient for surgery to save their eyesight. This demonstrates the commitment of the center to early detection and prompt action in case of any eye health issues.
2820 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719
Most reviews praise this eye center’s professional, efficient, and friendly staff and doctors. A minority cite high prices, disorganization, and rudeness. Overall, the center’s eye doctors provide quality care and service.
- Professional and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff, from the receptionists to the opticians. This indicates that the employees are knowledgeable and provide a high level of customer service.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctor: Several reviews specifically mention the excellent doctor on staff who is knowledgeable, patient, and friendly. This suggests that the doctor is experienced and creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Great selection of frames: One review highlights the wide selection of frames available, indicating that the eye care center offers a variety of options for customers to choose from when selecting glasses.
John Matthew Gill, O.D.
4500 N Oracle Rd Ste 423, Tucson, AZ 85705
Patients give this eye care center glowing reviews. Dr. Gill impresses with his expertise, meticulous exams, and clear explanations. Reviewers also compliment the professional, friendly staff and advanced testing technology. Patients feel knowledgeable and reassured about their eye health after visiting.
- Dr. Gill is knowledgeable, thorough, and takes the time to explain each step of the examination.
- The eye exam is described as the best, most professional, and thorough that customers have ever had.
- The staff is friendly and professional, and the entire exam process is quick, painless, and well-explained.
2500 N Silverbell Rd Ste 180, Tucson, AZ 85745
Silverbell Eyecare Center receives excellent reviews for their eye exams and attentive customer service. Patients describe the staff as patient, understanding, and knowledgeable. Doctors conduct thorough eye exams and take time to explain results. They offer a wide selection of frames with helpful staff. Customers appreciate their reasonable pricing and ability to maximize insurance benefits. Patients report warm, friendly, and professional experiences.
- Friendly and patient staff: The staff at this eye care center is praised for their understanding and patience, particularly when dealing with young children during eye exams.
- Thorough and informative exams: Reviewers consistently mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough, knowledgeable, and informative. The doctors take the time to explain the process and answer any questions or concerns.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to selecting frames and navigating insurance plans. They offer suggestions based on face shape and make sure customers get the most out of their insurance coverage.
Eye Care for Animals – Tucson
175 E Fort Lowell Rd, Tucson, AZ 85705
The majority of reviews praise this eye care center’s friendly, compassionate staff. Patients appreciate the quality care their pets received from the professional doctors. However, some complaints included scheduling difficulties, unreturned calls/messages, and occasional staff indifference.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center are friendly, caring, and compassionate towards both the pets and their owners.
- Expert care and successful treatment: Several reviewers express satisfaction with the level of expertise and care provided by the doctors at the eye care center. They highlight successful treatments and positive outcomes for their pets' eye issues.
- Professional and welcoming environment: Reviewers mention that the staff and doctors maintain a professional and welcoming environment, making both the pets and owners feel comfortable and at ease during visits.
Tucson Optometry Clinic – West
1700 E Fort Lowell Rd STE 103, Tucson, AZ 85719
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for attentive doctors, friendly staff, and expertise in conditions like astigmatism. One customer reported a negative experience getting their prescription corrected over an extended time and suggested seeing other providers. Overall the clinic delivers a pleasant, professional exam for most.
- Friendly and courteous staff who take their time during eye exams, especially for children with astigmatism.
- Attentive and knowledgeable optometrist who explains everything in detail, provides reasonable pricing, and has a great supporting staff.
- Nice office with a personal approach, a great selection of frames, and a friendly and professional staff who prioritize customer satisfaction.
Arizona Eye Consultants – Pediatrics
3910 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719
Reviews express satisfaction with Dr. Sato and some staff being friendly, gentle, and patient – especially with children. However, other reviews cite issues like long waits, disorganization, poor customer service, rudeness, appointment issues, and frustration over a doctor arriving hours late.
- Based on the reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being nice, patient, and friendly. They felt that the staff members were kind and attentive to their concerns.
- Good experience with children: Despite some negative experiences, a few reviewers mentioned that their children had a great time at the eye care center. They appreciated the efforts made by the staff to keep their children comfortable and distracted during the eye exams.
- Caring and attentive: One reviewer expressed gratitude for the care and attention their child received at the eye care center. They felt that the staff listened to their concerns and provided them with the necessary information.
- Note: The reviews were primarily negative, so it was challenging to find positive aspects. However, the provided pros highlight the positive experiences shared by some reviewers.
4040 N Oracle Rd, Tucson, AZ 85705
This eye care center is highly rated for its knowledgeable and friendly staff, speedy eye exams, wide glasses selection, and fair pricing. While a small number of customers have commented on receiving less than satisfactory service, such incidents seem rare. For an excellent exam experience with helpful doctors and staff, this is a top choice.
- Super kind and helpful staff
- Quick and efficient eye exams
- Friendly and professional doctors
- Easy process for selecting glasses
- Patient and informative staff
- Accommodating and informative about insurance options
- Friendly and welcoming environment
- Advanced technology for eye care
- Reasonable prices for those without vision insurance
- Friendly and informative staff who go above and beyond for patients
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arizona
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arizona aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 5.77, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 5.88. in Arizona, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arizona
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arizona.
- The In Arizona in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.5% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 4.75% of the general population. and In Arizona in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.72%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.75%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arizona
- In Arizona, 4.75% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arizona
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.02% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.77% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arizona face even higher rates at 5.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arizona
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arizona.
- 10.5% of those with diabetes and 6.72% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arizona
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.39% of children in Arizona having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.59% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arizona
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.75% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arizona.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.