Best Eye Doctors In Scottsdale, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Scottsdale Optometrists in Scottsdale, Scottsdale, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Scottsdale reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Scottsdale.
Arizona Eye Specialists
7245 E Osborn Rd #4, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
While most patients speak highly of this eye care center’s friendly staff, thorough exams, and skilled doctors, a few expressed concerns about condescending behavior from one physician and an unsatisfactory procedure with another.
- Pleasant and professional techs who provide a thorough eye exam.
- Dr. Goldman is highly knowledgeable, caring, and provides excellent cataract surgery outcomes.
Valley Eyecare Center
3050 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Valley Eyecare Center is widely recommended for knowledgeable, kind doctors and good customer service. The clinic is praised for frame selection and timely glasses. However, some cite issues like rude staff, poor glasses, and appointment cancellations.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the friendly and welcoming staff, as well as the attentive and informative doctors. The staff at Valley Eyecare Center goes above and beyond to make patients feel valued and comfortable during their eye exams.
- Good selection of frames: Several reviewers mentioned the great selection of frames available at the center. Patients appreciate having a variety of options to choose from when selecting their eyewear.
- State-of-the-art technology: Reviewers mentioned that Valley Eyecare Center utilizes advanced technology for their eye exams. It is especially noteworthy that they have a new machine for treating dry eyes (IPL), which has received high recommendations from patients experiencing severe dryness. This shows that the center stays up-to-date with the latest advancements in eye care.
Southwestern Eye Center
3301 N Miller Rd #140, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
According to positive reviews, Dr. Palmer provides excellent eye care in a warm and inviting office. Patients feel comfortable during thorough exams. The professional, friendly staff accommodates patients even when behind schedule. The modern office space is clean.
- Friendly and professional staff who accommodate late arrivals and provide great service.
- Thorough and informative eye exams with modern equipment, offering complete explanations and video demonstrations.
- Dr. Palmer is highly recommended for his warm and engaging manner, thoroughness, and care for his patients' well-being.
Scottsdale Eye Physicians and Surgeons, PC
7550 E 2nd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its professional and friendly staff. Patients are satisfied with the thorough eye exams and clear explanations from the doctors. Optician David Rodriguez is commended for his expertise in selecting glasses and lenses. The office is praised as clean, efficient, and having ample parking.
- Thorough and professional eye exams conducted by knowledgeable doctors.
- Friendly and attentive staff who make patients feel valued and at ease.
- Excellent care provided, including comprehensive eye examinations and helpful advice on frames and lenses.
Patel Optometry, PC and Associates
4515 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Customers enthusiastically share their positive experiences at the eye care center, noting the friendly and knowledgeable staff. They describe the quick and easy eye exams, and appreciate the assistance in selecting frames and completing purchases. In summary, reviews indicate an efficient and satisfactory experience at this eye care facility.
- Quick and easy eye exams and lens selection
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Zmyslinski Eye & Contact Lens Center – Scottsdale
7014 E Camelback Rd Suite 2000, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Patients praised the friendly staff and thorough eye exams at this eye care center. However, some faced issues with glasses or communication. Most reviews were positive, but it’s wise to weigh all feedback before deciding.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Efficient and quick eye exams
- Professional and informative doctors
7014 E Camelback Rd Suite 2000, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
This eye care center is highly regarded for its professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff, particularly opticians like Edgar and Ben who excel at guiding customers through choosing and fitting glasses. Despite one negative review involving disappointing customer service from a sales lady, most customers report excellent experiences that reflect this center’s strong reputation.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews praised the eye exams performed at this location, noting that they were the most thorough they had ever experienced. This indicates that the eye care center is committed to providing comprehensive and accurate eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned the excellent customer service provided by the staff at this eye care center. They were described as friendly, patient, and knowledgeable, going above and beyond to help customers with their eye care needs and answering any questions they had. This reflects a positive and helpful environment for patients seeking eye care.
- Wide selection of glasses and assistance in choosing the right pair: Reviewers appreciated the assistance they received in selecting the right pair of glasses. Staff members were praised for their ability to recommend styles, colors, and fits that suited each individual's needs and preferences. Additionally, the presence of knowledgeable staff who can provide guidance in choosing the right eyewear suggests a commitment to helping patients find the perfect pair of glasses.
Eyecare Plus Scottsdale
4441 N 75th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Dr. Kessler and the Eye Care Plus team are known for their friendly and knowledgeable approach. Patients comment on the welcoming office environment and attentive frame selection assistance. Many loyal patients over the years strongly recommend this practice for comprehensive eye exams.
- Professional and knowledgable staff: Customers consistently praise Dr. Kessler and his team for their expertise, thoroughness, and helpfulness during eye exams and consultations.
- Friendly and welcoming environment: Reviewers mention the welcoming and friendly atmosphere at Eye Care Plus, with staff members being described as kind, compassionate, and caring.
- Extensive selection of frames: Customers appreciate the wide range of frames available at Eye Care Plus, and mention that the staff is helpful in selecting frames that fit their needs, faces, and personalities.
Salt River Eye Care, PLLC
8415 N Pima Rd #155, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Dr. McMullen provides thorough eye exams and personalized care at Salt River Eye Care. Patients describe the staff as friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Many highly recommend this eye care center for its excellent customer service.
- Highly recommended: Many reviews mention that the eye care center is highly recommended without reservation. Patients praise the thoroughness of the eye exams and the personalized care provided by the doctors, particularly Dr. McMullen and Dr. Taylor.
- Excellent patient experience: Multiple reviews highlight the exceptional experience at the eye care center. Patients appreciate the friendly and professional staff, the timely and informative appointments, and the compassionate and personable approach of the doctors. The thoroughness of the eye exams and the detailed explanations of the results are also mentioned.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Several reviews specifically mention the exceptional qualities of Dr. McMullen and Dr. Taylor. Patients appreciate their competence, knowledge, and attention to detail. They are praised for their ability to find the best solution for complicated prescriptions and for their genuine care and concern for their patients' overall wellbeing.
2515 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
Lesco Optical is beloved for its expansive selection, approachable staff, affordable pricing, and outstanding service. Customers enthusiastically recommend it for buying eyewear, particularly for kids. Lesco provides prompt repairs and loaner frames affordably. One reviewer did mention some difficulty purchasing frames and issues with cheaper models. In general, Lesco garners acclaim for remarkable service and comes highly recommended.
- Reasonable prices compared to other places.
- Wide selection of frames at extremely reasonable pricing.
- Friendly and knowledgeable customer service.
In Focus: Specialty Contact Lens & Vision Solutions
7301 E 2nd St Suite 110, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Dr. Morrison is renowned at In Focus in Scottsdale for her expertise fitting contact lenses, even for those previously deemed unsuitable. Her professionalism and personalized approach ensure patients’ vision needs are met. The office excels in cleanliness, modernity and sustainability. Dr. Morrison’s exceptional skills and patient focus make her highly recommended.
- Specialized expertise in contact lens fitting: Dr. Morrison is highly skilled in fitting contact lenses, particularly for patients with unique and specific vision needs, such as astigmatism or multifocal prescriptions. She is able to find the perfect lenses that surpass previous trials and meet all requirements.
- Comprehensive and personalized care: Dr. Morrison takes the time to explain the examination process and ensures that patients understand each step. She goes above and beyond by showing patients detailed images of their eyes and educating them on their eye health. Additionally, she provides seamless assistance in ordering new contacts.
- Excellent pediatric care: Dr. Morrison is highly recommended for children who want to start wearing contact lenses. She is patient and takes the time to teach children how to properly handle and wear contacts. Her ability to connect with kids makes the experience enjoyable and stress-free for both parents and children.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arizona
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arizona aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 5.77, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 5.88. in Arizona, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arizona
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arizona.
- The In Arizona in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.5% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 4.75% of the general population. and In Arizona in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.72%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.75%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arizona
- In Arizona, 4.75% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arizona
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.02% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.77% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arizona face even higher rates at 5.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arizona
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arizona.
- 10.5% of those with diabetes and 6.72% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arizona
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.39% of children in Arizona having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.59% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arizona
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.75% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arizona.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.