Best Eye Doctors In Phoenix, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Phoenix Optometrists in Phoenix, Phoenix, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Phoenix reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Phoenix.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center
4800 N 22nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Reviews of this eye care center commend the thorough and attentive eye exams, professional and friendly staff, efficient operations with minimal wait times, and well-organized appointment processes. Patients consistently compliment Drs. Coulson and Berlin for their expertise in providing quality care.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: The eye care center is praised for providing fast, efficient, and thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate the use of the latest technology and the expertise of the doctors.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and professional staff who make them feel welcome and at ease during their visit. The receptionists and assistants receive particular praise for their helpfulness and courtesy.
- Specialized care: Patients with specific eye conditions, such as diabetes or detached retina, highlight the center's ability to provide specialized care. They appreciate the expertise and attention they receive, particularly from doctors like Dr. Coulson and Dr. Suhail Alam.
Arizona Eye Specialists
300 E Osborn Rd SUITE 100, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Most patients praise the knowledge and professionalism of the doctors, particularly Dr. Suiter, Dr. Brems, and Dr. Quarnberg. They appreciate the thorough exams and clear explanations. The staff are described as friendly, efficient, and supportive. A few negative reviews note scheduling issues, billing errors, and occasional rude staff. Overall, many positive patient experiences recommend considering this eye care center.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: The eye care center has doctors who are knowledgeable, professional, and take the time to explain vision-related issues and changes.
- Efficient and friendly staff: The staff at the eye care center are friendly, efficient, and provide thorough eye exams. Patients feel supported and have all their questions answered.
- Improved eyesight: Many patients have reported improved eyesight after visiting the eye care center for exams and procedures like cataract surgery. They trust the doctors' expertise in ensuring sharp vision and highly recommend the practice.
Valley Eyecare Center
3050 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Valley Eyecare Center is well-reviewed for their knowledgeable doctors, helpful staff, wide frame selection, and caring approach. Though some customers experienced issues with prescription accuracy and new staff, these appear uncommon. Their thorough eye exams and professional manner make them a recommended provider.
- Excellent eye exam experience: Customers consistently mention that their eye exam experience at this location is the best they've had. The optometrists are kind, thorough, and informative, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared for.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at this eye care center. From the front desk to the technicians, the staff is described as polite, kind, and attentive to patients' needs.
- Great selection of frames and eyewear: Customers particularly highlight the good selection of frames at this eye care center. They mention being able to find the perfect pair of glasses that suit their needs and style.
ABC Children’s Eye Specialists
1010 E McDowell Rd # 301, Phoenix, AZ 85006
The eye care center is largely praised for their patient and kid-friendly staff, with Drs. Ferreira and Cassidy often noted for their expertise and rapport with children. However, some reviewers cite issues reaching staff, delays in service and billing, and long waits for ordered glasses.
- The staff is incredible with kids, making them feel comfortable during eye exams.
- The office runs smoothly and efficiently, with thorough and quick eye exams.
Eye Doctors of Arizona
515 W Buckeye Rd # 104, Phoenix, AZ 85003
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients report satisfied experiences with the friendly, efficient staff and knowledgeable doctors. A few negative reviews cite scheduling issues and customer service concerns. However, the general consensus characterizes the center as an excellent, trustworthy provider of eye exams and treatment.
- Efficient and well-staffed office with minimal wait times for appointments.
- Compassionate and caring staff, particularly Chalsey, who made patients feel comfortable during eye exams.
- Dr. Heller is highly skilled and knowledgeable, providing thorough explanations of exam results and offering both medical and surgical services.
1 N Central Ave #115, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Urban Eyecare garners overwhelmingly positive feedback for their professional, thorough eye exams and exceptional customer service. Customers highlight the expertise of the doctors, friendliness of staff, broad selection of eyewear, and convenient, modern facility. A few negative reviews cite disappointing encounters with one doctor and expensive eyeglass pricing.
- Top-notch professionals: The doctors and staff at Urban Eyecare are highly skilled and professional, providing excellent eye care services.
- Sensitivity to individual needs: Urban Eyecare accommodates patients with sensitive eyes during eye exams, ensuring a comfortable and efficient experience.
- Wide selection of stylish and durable eyewear: Urban Eyecare offers a great selection of glasses that are both fashionable and long-lasting, providing options for those who prefer glasses over contacts. They also prioritize durability and remove brands that don't meet their standards.
DNA Eye Group
1831 E Camelback Rd Ste B2, Phoenix, AZ 85016
This eye care center is highly regarded for its attentive, honest staff and informative, thorough doctors who provide a comforting patient experience. Patients appreciate the clean facility, efficient service, and staff who go the extra mile.
- Attentive and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They are described as being attentive, honest, and going above and beyond to meet the needs of the patients.
- Informative eye exams: Several reviews highlight positive experiences during the eye exams, where the doctors are described as informative, educational, and upfront. They take the time to explain things clearly and provide valuable information about ocular health and any potential impacts from the patient's overall health conditions.
- Smooth check-in process: One review specifically mentions that the check-in process at this eye care center was smooth and easy. This indicates that the center is organized and efficient in handling patient appointments.
Camelback Eye Care
114 W Camelback Rd #1, Phoenix, AZ 85013
The eye care center is highly regarded for their welcoming staff, thorough and affordable exams, and excellent customer service. Patients appreciate the professional and knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain procedures. While not perfect, they are many patients’ preferred provider for comprehensive and compassionate eye care.
- Excellent customer service: The front receptionists and staff at Camelback Eye Care are welcoming, friendly, and provide excellent customer service. Patients appreciate their professionalism, knowledge, and compassion.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: The doctors at this eye care center take their time to perform comprehensive eye exams and explain the results in depth. Patients feel confident that they are getting the best prescription possible.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Patients find the staff at Camelback Eye Care to be friendly and accommodating. They make patients, including young children, feel comfortable during their visits.
Central Phoenix Eye Care
4745 N 7th St Suite 145, Phoenix, AZ 85014
Dr. Steven Kantor and his staff at Phoenix Central Eye Care provide thorough examinations and quality vision care in a modern, friendly setting. Patients appreciate Dr. Kantor’s pleasant demeanor and attentive service. Knowledgeable staff assist clients in choosing from a wide selection of frames. Multiple reviewers recommend this affordable, efficient practice.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Central Phoenix Eye Care. They feel valued and well-taken care of throughout their visit.
- Thorough and comfortable eye exams: The new equipment used by the eye care center makes eye exams more thorough and comfortable, ensuring a high standard of care.
- Prompt service and short wait times: Patients appreciate the efficiency of Central Phoenix Eye Care, with short wait times for appointments and quick turnaround times for new glasses and contact lenses.
Healthy Eye Care Fit Optical
4525 N 24th St #120, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Dr. Lasee receives high marks for her expertise, attentiveness to patients’ needs, and office amenities. Reviewers commend her knowledge, thorough exams, and personalized care. Many appreciate the frame selection, appointment availability, and follow-up visits. Some mention the helpful staff and clean facilities. One dissatisfied patient felt the doctor’s approach and treatment were lacking.
- Dr. Lasee carries a wide selection of gorgeous frames and special fit contact lenses, making it easy to find the perfect fit for your face shape, personality, and style.
- The eye exams administered by Dr. Lasee use high-end equipment and provide preventative recommendations based on your results. She goes above and beyond to address specific concerns, such as recommending dietary changes for dry eyes or checking hormone levels.
- The staff at Healthy Eye Care and Fit Optical are friendly, helpful, and provide exceptional customer service, from scheduling appointments via text to assisting with insurance and rebate processes.
Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction
2125 W Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85015
Dr. Kalina provides helpful consultations. Dr. Cassidy performs successful cataract surgery and thorough exams. Some reviews mention the friendly, professional staff and excellent service.
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Doctors: Dr. Kalina, Dr. Moretzky, Dr. Cassidy, and Dr. Stock are highly praised for their expertise, knowledge, and skills in eye care and eye surgeries.
- Friendly and Compassionate Staff: The doctors, surgical assistants, and technicians are described as warm, friendly, and understanding, providing a comforting and supportive environment during consultations, surgeries, and follow-up care.
- Note: The reviews provided mixed feedback about the front office staff, so it's important to take that into consideration.
Brendan Cassidy, MD
1010 E McDowell Rd # 301, Phoenix, AZ 85006
Dr. Cassidy receives consistent positive feedback from parents regarding his thorough exams, patient explanations to both children and parents, and calm demeanor. His extensive experience and humble approach set families at ease. The staff earns praise for accommodating those with special needs.
- Dr. Cassidy is thorough, funny, and ensures that all questions are answered.
- Dr. Cassidy is patient, humble, and makes patients feel comfortable, especially children.
- The staff is helpful and accommodating, particularly with children who have medical challenges.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arizona
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arizona aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 5.77, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 5.88. in Arizona, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arizona
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arizona.
- The In Arizona in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.5% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 4.75% of the general population. and In Arizona in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.72%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.75%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arizona
- In Arizona, 4.75% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arizona
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.02% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.77% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arizona face even higher rates at 5.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arizona
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arizona.
- 10.5% of those with diabetes and 6.72% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arizona
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.39% of children in Arizona having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.59% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arizona
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.75% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arizona.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.