Best Eye Doctors In Mesa, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mesa Optometrists in Mesa, Mesa, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mesa reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mesa.
Southwestern Eye Center
1055 S Stapley Dr, Mesa, AZ 85204
The eye care center received largely positive feedback for friendly staff, professional service, comprehensive exams, and knowledgeable doctors. A few patients expressed concerns about billing procedures and long wait times.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, professional, and helpful. From the receptionists to the doctors, the staff was praised for their good bedside manner and clear explanations of the eye exam process.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviewers noted that their eye exams at this center were thorough and went beyond their expectations. The doctors took the time to explain the results and answer any questions, ensuring that patients fully understood their eye health. Some even mentioned that they underwent multiple tests to ensure accurate results.
- Resolving issues and building trust: One reviewer had an issue with their prescription, but the Clinic Manager proactively reached out to resolve the issue. This gesture helped salvage their relationship with the eye care center, demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction and building trust with patients.
ABC Children’s Eye Specialists
2110 W Southern Ave #111, Mesa, AZ 85202
The eye care center receives positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff. Patients mention the doctors’ expertise examining children, including those with special needs. Their efficiency is appreciated, providing quick yet thorough exams and minimal wait times.
- Highly specialized ophthalmologists for children with special needs, tailored eye exams for what the child can do, and a positive experience for kids visiting the eye doctor.
- Friendly and patient staff who are great with kids, making the exam process understandable and comfortable for young patients.
- Efficient and thorough service, with the office balancing quick appointments to reduce wait times, while still providing friendly and knowledgeable care.
Perks of Eye Care
1415 N Arizona Ave, Gilbert, AZ 85233
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for friendly, professional, and thorough doctors and staff during eye exams. Multiple customers recommend the center for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and professional staff and doctor
- Great service, prices, and selection of frames
- Thorough and informative eye exams with state-of-the-art equipment
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center
1500 S Dobson Rd #313, Mesa, AZ 85202
Customers highlight the exceptional customer service and friendly staff at this highly-rated eye care center. Thorough, stress-free eye exams are performed without dilation. Drs. Herion and Hammond earn accolades for their professionalism, expertise and personalized care. The state-of-the-art equipment and welcoming atmosphere also draw praise. Patients feel assured by the genuine care and expertise offered.
- Outstanding customer service: The office staff at this eye care center consistently provide the best customer service, making patients feel welcome and valued.
- Comprehensive and professional eye exams: The eye exams are thorough, stress-free, and do not involve dilation. The med tech and doctors are thorough, professional, and take the time to address any concerns or questions.
- Personalized and honest care: The doctors at this eye care center are warm, friendly, and interested in meeting patients' vision needs. They provide personalized care and are honest about recommending procedures only if they believe the patient is a good candidate. Plus, the clinic is not focused on money but on caring for patients' vision.
1649 S Stapley Dr Ste 108, Mesa, AZ 85204
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their professional, personable optometrists who conduct thorough, enjoyable exams, and helpful sales staff. Customers appreciate the knowledgeable, courteous team. A few negative reviews cite insurance claim issues and unsatisfactory service from some staff, but overall, the positives outweigh these concerns, making this center a recommended option for eye exams and eyewear.
- Fast and simple eye exams
- Knowledgeable and courteous staff
- Thorough and high-quality eye exams
- Exceptional customer service and helpful staff
- Great selection of frames
- Professional and personable optometrists
- Patient and thorough professionals
- Friendly and helpful sales representatives
- Good prices and great service
- Great experience all around
- Helpful and knowledgeable sales staff
- Note: These pros are based on the positive reviews and may not reflect the overall customer experience.
Visionworks Dobson Shores
1938-1 S Dobson Rd, Mesa, AZ 85202
The eye care center is highly regarded for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough exams, and efficient service. Patients appreciate the doctors taking time to explain procedures, answer questions, and offer guidance. The professional, patient staff excel at making visits comfortable and enjoyable.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They made the experience pleasant by answering questions, providing assistance in choosing glasses, and ensuring a seamless visit.
- Efficient and organized service: Several reviewers appreciated the efficient and organized service at this eye care center. They mentioned that scheduling appointments was easy, the staff was prepared, and the overall process was quick and painless. The center also paid attention to COVID-19 protocols.
- Good selection of glasses and lenses: Some reviewers mentioned that they had a good selection of glasses and lenses at this eye care center. They appreciated the assistance in finding frames that suited their face and needs, as well as working with their insurance to maximize benefits.
- Note: The reviews were mostly polarized, with some negative experiences with specific doctors. It's important for potential customers to consider their own preferences and needs before making a decision.
Dr. James W. Reed, OD
1356 S Gilbert Rd #3, Mesa, AZ 85204
Dr. Reed’s office is commended for helpful, courteous staff and efficient appointment scheduling. Patients praise the doctor’s thorough, personalized eye exams. However, one review cited disappointing customer service from front desk staff, outweighed by Dr. Reed’s professionalism and expertise. Overall, his office comes highly recommended.
- Dr. Reed and his staff are highly recommended for their exceptional care and thorough eye exams.
- The office has friendly and helpful front desk staff, making the appointment process easy and efficient.
- Dr. Reed is knowledgeable, prompt, and professional, addressing all questions and concerns during the exam.
Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction
160 W University Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews praising the doctors for their professionalism and use of advanced technology. A few patients did report unsatisfactory experiences due to interactions with staff.
- The doctors, including Dr. Moretsky and Dr. Cassidy, are highly skilled and knowledgeable, providing excellent eye care and performing successful surgeries.
- The staff members are friendly, accommodating, and professional, creating a comfortable and relaxing environment for patients during their appointments.
- The equipment used in the eye care center is state-of-the-art, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is provided to patients during their exams.
555 N Gilbert Rd #101, Mesa, AZ 85203
Reviews of Riviera Opticare are mixed, with many patients reporting frustration over inaccurate prescriptions, strict refund policies, and poor service. However, some customers complimented professional and thorough doctors and staff. Overall, the quality of care at Riviera Opticare appears inconsistent.
- The doctors and staff at Riviera Opticare are knowledgeable and provide thorough eye exams.
- The office staff and lab techs are professional, caring, and welcoming, making patients feel like family.
- Riviera Opticare offers high-quality lenses and has a program to replace scratched lenses, providing good value for the price.
DNA Eye Group
1649 S Stapley Dr Ste 108, Mesa, AZ 85204
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients comment on the welcoming staff and thorough eye exams by the doctors. A few patients felt rushed or encountered rude staff, but these negative experiences were outnumbered by positive feedback.
- Friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable during eye exams
- Thorough and informative eye exams by knowledgeable doctors
- Great selection of frames to choose from for glasses
Arizona Eye Specialists
2855 E Brown Rd # 10, Mesa, AZ 85213
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly and efficient staff, knowledgeable and attentive doctors, comprehensive eye exams, clean and well-maintained facilities, and emphasis on eye health over sales. Many delighted patients highly recommend the practice and share their satisfaction with the full experience, from booking appointments to receiving quality care.
- The office staff and receptionists are friendly and helpful.
- The doctors at Arizona Eye Specialists are knowledgeable and focused on providing the best care for their patients.
- The office prioritizes compliance with COVID-19 requirements, ensuring a safe and clean environment for patients.
Acuity Eye Center
745 W Baseline Rd #21, Mesa, AZ 85210
Acuity Eye Center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, welcoming staff and thorough, professional eye exams. Customers appreciate the extra assistance with forms and choosing glasses. However, one customer mentioned their vision concerns were not adequately addressed. Overall, Acuity appears to be a dedicated, knowledgeable eye care provider.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Customers consistently mention the staff at Acuity Eye Center being extremely friendly and welcoming, creating a positive experience for their eye exams and contact lens orders.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the eye exams at Acuity Eye Center as being thorough and professional, ensuring that patients receive comprehensive care for their eye health.
- Excellent customer service: Customers appreciate the extra effort and patience provided by the staff at Acuity Eye Center, whether it's in aftercare, helping with forms, or assisting in selecting the perfect pair of glasses. This high level of customer service makes patients feel valued and well taken care of.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arizona
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arizona aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 5.77, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 5.88. in Arizona, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arizona
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arizona.
- The In Arizona in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.5% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 4.75% of the general population. and In Arizona in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.72%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.75%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arizona
- In Arizona, 4.75% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arizona
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.02% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.77% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arizona face even higher rates at 5.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arizona
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arizona.
- 10.5% of those with diabetes and 6.72% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arizona
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.39% of children in Arizona having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.59% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arizona
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.75% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arizona.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.