Best LASIK Surgeon In West Bend, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed West Bend LASIK Surgeons in West Bend, West Bend, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze West Bend reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in West Bend.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
20350 Water Tower Blvd, Brookfield, WI 53045
Patients were highly satisfied with Dr. Probst and the TLC Laser Eye Center, citing the staff’s clear communication and attentiveness throughout the procedure. Many experienced improved vision immediately after surgery and no longer needed glasses or contacts. Overall, patients found the procedure quick, comfortable and transformative, leading to enthusiastic recommendations of Dr. Probst.
- Excellent staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the lasik surgeon practice. They make patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the entire process.
- Quick and easy procedure: Many reviewers highlight the speed and ease of the lasik procedure. The surgery itself is described as painless and takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers mention the positive impact of the lasik surgery on their vision. Many report achieving 20/20 or better vision, and express gratitude for being free from glasses or contact lenses.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
2418 Crossroads Dr Suite 1900, Madison, WI 53718
Patients enthusiastically recommend this lasik surgeon, citing the streamlined operation, knowledgeable staff, and quick, painless procedure. Many say the results exceeded expectations and wish they had come sooner. While a few note lengthy wait times, most agree this practice provides an exceptional lasik experience from consultation through recovery.
- Streamlined operation: The practice is highly organized and has thought of everything from start to finish, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for patients.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to answer all questions and concerns, creating a comfortable and supportive environment.
- Quick and painless procedure: Patients consistently mention the surprisingly quick and painless nature of the procedure, with some reporting completion within 10 minutes for both eyes. The ease of the procedure contributes to a positive overall experience.
The LASIK Vision Institute
15455 W Bluemound Rd Suite 240, Brookfield, WI 53005
The lasik surgeon practice has received mostly positive feedback for their professional and knowledgeable staff who thoroughly evaluate patients. Patients report successful outcomes. However, some experienced issues with scheduling and customer service that could be mitigated through clear communication of expectations beforehand.
- Great staff": Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
- Put my needs first": One review mentions that the surgeon at the practice identified a potential issue that would negate the results of the surgery and informed the patient about it. This demonstrates that the practice prioritizes the patient's well-being and makes decisions based on what's best for them.
- Highly recommended": Several reviews highly recommend the lasik surgeon practice, mentioning positive experiences, improved vision, and overall satisfaction with the results. This indicates that the practice has a track record of successful surgeries and happy patients.
Alexander Eye Institute
250 N Metro Dr, Appleton, WI 54913
Patients consistently report positive experiences with Dr. Alexander and his team. They describe the LASIK procedure as easy and praise the staff for their caring approach and expertise. Many achieve 20/20 or better vision and appreciate the thorough consultations. Patients recommend Dr. Alexander for his professionalism and excellent results from LASIK and other eye procedures.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon: Dr. Alexander and his team are praised for their expertise and professionalism in performing LASIK surgery. Patients consistently mention that they are in good hands and trust Dr. Alexander throughout the process.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers report significant improvements in their vision after LASIK surgery at Alexander Eye Institute. Numerous patients achieved 20/20 vision or better, and some even experienced 20/15 vision. The positive outcomes highlight the effectiveness of the procedure performed by Dr. Alexander.
- Friendly and caring staff: The staff at Alexander Eye Institute consistently receives praise for their friendliness, helpfulness, and professionalism. Reviewers note that they felt comfortable and well-cared for throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the post-operation appointments. The staff's attentive and caring attitude contributes to a positive overall experience for patients.
John D Suson, MD
925 N 87th St, Milwaukee, WI 53226
Dr. Suson and his team at Suson Eye Specialists provide exceptional LASIK surgery and care. Patients highlight the thorough pre-procedure process, pristine facility, professional staff, and life-changing results, with vision improving to 20/15 or better for many. Multiple recommendations praise the expertise and care from Dr. Suson’s team.
- Dr. Suson and his staff provide a calming and reassuring experience, putting patients' minds at rest during the LASIK procedure.
- The pre-procedure appointments are thorough, ensuring that patients are well-informed and prepared for the LASIK surgery.
- The results of the LASIK surgeries performed by Dr. Suson are consistently reported as excellent, with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision.
LasikPlus: Dr. Ronald Allen
15455 W Bluemound Rd Suite 240, Brookfield, WI 53005
LasikPlus patients report an efficient process and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Allen’s professionalism, attention to detail, and bedside manner are commended. Numerous patients cite life-changing results and recommend LasikPlus.
- Efficient process: The staff at LasikPlus did a great job with the consultation and paperwork, making the process easy and hassle-free. They have also looked for efficiencies and improved how they present the material, ensuring a smooth experience for patients.
- Excellent staff and doctors: The staff at LasikPlus are knowledgeable, friendly, and provide excellent service. The doctors, specifically Dr. Allen, are skilled, attentive, and take the time to explain everything to the patients, ensuring they feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the procedure.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers are extremely happy with the results of their Lasik surgery from LasikPlus. They describe it as a life-changing experience, being able to see clearly without glasses or contacts. The procedure itself is quick, taking only about 10 minutes.
- Note: The pros are based on the positive reviews provided and may not reflect the experiences of all patients. It is always recommended to do thorough research and consult with a healthcare professional before making any medical decisions.)
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.