Best LASIK Surgeon In Waukesha, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Waukesha LASIK Surgeons in Waukesha, Waukesha, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Waukesha reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Waukesha.
15455 W Bluemound Rd Suite 240 A, Brookfield, WI 53005
The LasikPlus practice is commended for their expert surgeons, informative consultations, efficient procedures, and life-changing results, with many patients achieving 20/15 vision. Patients recommend Dr. Allen and Dr. Makela for their skill and compassion. Reviews praise the friendly staff and smooth process that puts patients at ease.
- Highly professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers emphasize that the LasikPlus procedure was quick, painless, and that they experienced no discomfort. Patients were able to see better immediately after the surgery.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of the procedure, with many experiencing improved vision, some even achieving 20/15 vision. Patients highlight how the surgery has changed their lives and freed them from the hassle of glasses and contacts.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
20350 Water Tower Blvd, Brookfield, WI 53045
Dr. Probst’s patients at TLC Laser Eye Center report excellent experiences from initial consultation through to follow-up care. His knowledgeable, professional team keeps patients informed and comfortable. Many achieve 20/20 or better vision right after their procedure and are thrilled with the results. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Probst and TLC for LASIK.
- Excellent communication throughout the procedure: Many reviewers mention that Dr. Probst and his team provided thorough explanations and kept them informed during every step of the LASIK procedure. This helps to alleviate any anxiety and ensures that patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Life-changing results: Several reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of the LASIK surgery, reporting improved vision and even achieving 20/20 or 20/15 vision. This indicates that Dr. Probst's expertise and skill in performing the procedure can lead to successful and life-changing results for patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers compliment the staff at TLC Laser Eye Centers, mentioning their professionalism, kindness, and willingness to answer questions. This suggests that patients can expect a positive experience with the friendly and knowledgeable team at the practice.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
2418 Crossroads Dr Suite 1900, Madison, WI 53718
Patients recommend TLC Laser Eye Centers for the streamlined and efficient operation, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and life-changing LASIK results from Dr. Probst’s team. Some note minor issues like longer than expected recovery times.
- Streamlined operation: The practice is efficient, organized, and has thought of everything from start to finish, creating a streamlined experience for patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff is friendly, welcoming, and highly knowledgeable. They are willing to answer all questions and concerns, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Quick and painless procedure: The procedure is surprisingly quick, taking only minutes to complete both eyes. It is also described as painless, with minimal discomfort experienced during and after the procedure.
Hauser-Ross Eye Institute
4105 N Perryville Rd Ste 100, Loves Park, IL 61111
Overall, patients report mostly positive experiences with this Lasik surgeon, citing professional service and knowledgeable staff. Many describe the surgery as quick and easy with great outcomes. However, some mention long waits, rushed visits, and customer service issues. A few express dissatisfaction with particular doctors or staff.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned the professionalism and high level of knowledge provided by the staff at this lasik surgeon practice. They felt confident in the ability of the doctors and nurses to diagnose and recommend solutions for their problems.
- Great service and friendly staff: Multiple reviews praised the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. Patients felt well taken care of and appreciated the efficient and prompt service provided.
- Successful lasik procedures: Several reviewers reported successful lasik surgeries and were happy with the results. They mentioned improved vision and being able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts.
New Vision Laser Center
2929 McFarland Rd, Rockford, IL 61107
New Vision Laser Center’s lasik surgeon staff, including Dr. Vakharia and Christina, impress patients with their professionalism, thorough consultations, and ability to address all vision concerns. Many patients report excellent outcomes, with some calling lasik the best decision for their eyesight. Knowledgeable, friendly staff provide a positive experience that patients highly recommend.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and expertise of the staff at this lasik surgeon practice. They are described as being knowledgeable, informative, and engaging, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their lasik surgery, stating that they no longer need glasses or contacts and have achieved 20/20 vision. The positive outcomes and improved vision are highlighted as a major pro of choosing this practice.
- Great patient experience and customer service: Several reviews mention the friendly and attentive nature of the staff at this lasik surgeon practice. Patients appreciate the courteous and accommodating staff who take the time to answer questions, provide clear instructions, and make the entire experience pleasant. The welcoming and caring atmosphere is emphasized as a positive aspect of the practice.
Dr. Mitul Vakharia, MD
New Vision Laser Center, 2929 McFarland Rd, Rockford, IL 61107
The lasik surgeon’s office is lauded for an expert yet compassionate staff. Patients report efficient, pain-free procedures from Dr. Vakharia, whose clear communication facilitated excellent outcomes like 20/20 vision. This informative, supportive practice draws raves for life-changing surgeries.
- The staff and Dr. Vakharia provide thorough explanations and walk patients through the LASIK procedure, ensuring no surprises and a comfortable experience.
- Many reviews mention experiencing improved vision, sometimes even 20/20, shortly after the procedure with little to no discomfort.
- The staff at New Vision Laser Center is consistently praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and helpfulness throughout the LASIK process, making patients feel comfortable and supported.
John D Suson, MD
925 N 87th St, Milwaukee, WI 53226
Patients consistently report excellent experiences with Dr. Suson’s attentive, professional team at Suson Eye Specialists. Their expertise guides patients through LASIK procedures with care. Many achieve 20/20 vision and are very pleased with their results. Thorough pre-appointments and Suson’s modern, immaculate facilities also earn high marks. Dr. Suson comes highly recommended for LASIK candidates.
- Dr. Suson and his staff are highly professional and attentive, ensuring a thorough and smooth LASIK/PRK procedure with excellent results.
- The practice provides clear and upfront information about the cost, expectations, and potential follow-up corrections, leading to zero surprises.
- Patients praise Dr. Suson's expertise, experience, and care, with many reporting life-changing improvements in their vision and recommending him for any eye surgery needs.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.