Best LASIK Surgeon In Mount Pleasant, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mount Pleasant LASIK Surgeons in Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mount Pleasant reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Mount Pleasant.
3021 Butterfield Rd STE 200, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Current Specials: Save 20%* On LASIK
The lasik surgeon practice receives high marks for their professionalism, comforting manner, and efficiency. Patients describe quick, seamless procedures resulting in improved vision. The helpful, informative staff earns appreciation for facilitating positive experiences. Overall, patients strongly endorse this practice for prospective lasik patients.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon: Multiple reviews mention Dr. Horn's expertise and the positive results they obtained from the surgery. Patients appreciate his professionalism and the care he takes during the procedure.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers compliment the entire staff at the LasikPlus practice for being welcoming, friendly, and attentive. They feel comfortable and supported throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the post-op appointments.
- Efficient and painless procedure: Numerous reviews highlight the quick and painless nature of the LASIK surgery performed at this practice. Patients are pleasantly surprised by the ease of the procedure and the speed at which they experience improved vision.
939 W North Ave # 220, Chicago, IL 60642
Patients appreciate the friendly staff and smooth process at this lasik surgeon. The quick, painless procedure yields immediate, life-changing vision improvements. The professional staff and clean facility also earn high marks.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff and doctors being friendly, helpful, and making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Patients express satisfaction with how fast and painless the actual surgery was. Many experienced immediate improvement in their vision.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers are extremely happy with the results of their LASIK procedure, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision. Several express regret for not getting it done sooner, and some even recommend the practice to friends and family.
999 Plaza Dr Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Patients consistently commend the staff and doctors for their patient, informative, friendly and professional manner. The procedure is often described as quick, easy, painless and life-changing. Patients appreciate the staff’s thorough guidance throughout the process, helping them feel comfortable undergoing lasik surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviews mention that the lasik surgery was a fast and easy process, with no pain during or after the procedure.
- Knowledgeable and informative staff: Reviewers appreciate the staff's expertise and their ability to explain the process in detail, making them feel comfortable and confident in the surgeon's expertise.
- Excellent post-operative care: Many reviewers mention the exceptional aftercare provided by the practice, including thorough instructions for recovery and follow-up appointments to ensure a smooth healing process.
15455 W Bluemound Rd Suite 240 A, Brookfield, WI 53005
LasikPlus patients consistently commend the professional, friendly staff and physicians. Many highlight the quick, painless procedure and life-changing vision results of 20/20 or better. Doctors thoroughly explain the process and address concerns. Patients highly recommend LasikPlus for its excellent service and positive outcomes.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at the lasik surgeon practice. They are praised for their professionalism, clear communication, and ability to put patients at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers highlight how the lasik procedure was quick, painless, and resulted in immediate improvement in vision. Some even mentioned seeing better than 20/20 within a day or two after the surgery. This indicates a high level of skill and expertise from the surgeons.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers express their satisfaction and happiness with the results of the lasik surgery. They mention experiencing improved vision, freedom from glasses or contacts, and even eliminating early cataracts. This suggests that the practice has a high success rate and can produce life-changing outcomes for their patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2311 W 22nd St Ste 105, Oak Brook, IL 60523
The Lasik Vision Institute receives positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff and skilled surgeons who perform efficient procedures. Patients report clear vision soon after surgery with minimal discomfort. Staff support patients through the full process, from consultation to follow-ups, easing anxiety. In sum, reviewers describe a smooth, successful lasik experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at the Lasik Vision Institute. They are described as welcoming, kind, and patient, providing a comforting and positive experience for patients.
- Highly experienced and skilled surgeons: The surgeons at the Lasik Vision Institute are praised for their expertise and professionalism. They are described as calm, experienced, and capable of explaining each step of the procedure, which helps to alleviate patients' stress and build trust.
- Fast and effective results: Many reviewers mention that they experienced immediate improvement in their vision after the surgery, with some achieving 20/20 vision the next day. The quick and effective results contribute to the overall positive experience and satisfaction with the procedure.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
20350 Water Tower Blvd, Brookfield, WI 53045
The lasik surgeon practice and Dr. Probst received excellent reviews for the quality of care, communication, and patient outcomes. Patients achieved 20/20 vision and wished they had undergone the procedure sooner. The friendly, professional staff made patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the process.
- Excellent communication: The surgeon and staff consistently communicate throughout the entire process, keeping patients informed and at ease.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers mention significant improvements in vision, with some achieving 20/20 or even 20/15 vision after the procedure.
- Knowledgeable and caring team: The surgeon and staff are highly knowledgeable, caring, and professional, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of throughout the entire process.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.