Best Eye Doctors In Sheboygan, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sheboygan Optometrists in Sheboygan, Sheboygan, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sheboygan reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Sheboygan.
Family Focus EyeCare
355 N Peters Ave, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Family Focus Eye Care receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams. Dr. Courtney and Dr. David Hammes are specifically noted for their thorough, professional approach. However, one reviewer reported a misdiagnosis and lack of follow-up resulting in a detached retina. Overall, most patients appreciate the eye health expertise and helpful opticians at Family Focus.
- Exceptional service and emergency appointments: The eye care center was praised for accommodating a patient with pain and pressure on their left eye, providing an emergency visit the same day. The staff was described as outstanding and knowledgeable.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the friendly and caring nature of the staff at Family Focus Eye Care. Patients felt comfortable and appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The reviews mentioned that the doctors at the eye care center were knowledgeable, thorough, and took the time to address concerns and explain procedures and results. Patients felt that their eye health was taken seriously.
4097 WI-28, Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085
The eye care center was praised for their friendly staff, efficient eye exams and glasses selection process, and great customer service. Customers appreciated the optometrists’ professionalism and staff’s helpfulness. However, some criticized the lack of eye exam education, pricing and fitting issues, and rare rude staff encounters.
- Friendly and polite staff who maintain their cool even on busy days.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams with doctors who address concerns and provide informative explanations.
- Efficient and well-organized process for eye exams and selecting new glasses.
- Helpful opticians who assist in choosing glasses that look good.
- Knowledgeable and patient staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Large selection of frames at reasonable prices.
- Helpful in figuring out the best price for glasses.
- Thorough exams with informative optometrists who provide appropriate referrals.
- Exceptional customer service and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Quick and efficient adjustments for glasses.
- Shopko Optical provides top-notch service, options, professionalism, and prices.
- Friendly and helpful staff throughout the experience.
- Please note that these pros are based on the reviews provided and may not reflect the overall experience at the eye care center.
North Shore Eye Health and Wellness
N54W6135 Mill St suite 700, Cedarburg, WI 53012
North Shore Eye Health and Wellness earns mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams, friendly staff, and professional doctors who put patients at ease. One negative review cites an unsatisfactory exam experience and doctor’s manner, though most reviewers highly recommend this practice.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing the most thorough and comprehensive eye exams they have ever had. The doctors take their time to explain everything clearly and address any concerns or questions the patients may have.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff being friendly, welcoming, and helpful throughout the entire appointment process. They made the patients feel at ease and provided assistance and explanations at every step of the eye exam.
- State-of-the-art equipment and modern office: Several reviewers appreciated the use of state-of-the-art equipment during their eye exams. They were impressed with the modern and inviting office environment. The use of advanced technology enhances the quality of the eye care provided.
Milwaukee Eye Care
8909 N Port Washington Rd Ste 102, Bayside, WI 53217
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its efficient, professional service and beautiful offices. However, some customers report issues in the optical department involving incorrect prescriptions and poor frame adjustments. Additionally, a few mention concerns about customer service and wait times. Many positive reviews highlight great experiences with certain doctors and staff and appreciate the quality care received.
- Efficient and professional service with quick turnaround for annual eye exams.
- Excellent frame adjustments and overall workmanship for glasses, unlike other providers.
- Competent and decisive doctors who provide thorough examinations and helpful advice.
- Supportive and friendly staff who are patient and understanding with special needs patients.
Larson Eye Care
1442 N 31st St, Sheboygan, WI 53081
Patients consistently praise the eye care center for the expertise of Drs. Lavey and Larson, commending their thorough exams and courteous staff. While wait times can be long, their attentive care makes the visits worthwhile for most. One patient did note the absence of pediatric services.
- Thorough and explained eye exams: The eye care center consistently provides thorough and well-explained eye exams to their patients, ensuring that they understand their eye health and any necessary treatments or prescriptions.
- Courteous and attentive staff: The staff and doctors at the eye care center are praised for their courteous and attentive demeanor towards patients, making them feel well-taken care of and comfortable during their visit.
- Knowledgeable and professional: The eye care center's staff is described as knowledgeable and professional, providing excellent follow-up care, answering questions promptly, and completing all processes in a professional manner.
100 Carr Rd, Plymouth, WI 53073
20/20 Vision eye care center draws rave reviews for their friendly staff, efficient exams, expansive eyewear selection, and knowledgeable doctors who put patients at ease. Drs. Wicklund and Roberts are particularly acclaimed. Patients strongly recommend this practice for meeting eye care needs.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews consistently highlight the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at 20/20 Vision. They make patients feel welcome and are willing to assist with any questions or concerns.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers mention the thoroughness of the eye exams at 20/20 Vision. The doctors take the time to explain the test results and ensure that patients understand their eye health.
- Good variety and reasonable prices for frames: Multiple reviews mention the good variety of frames available at 20/20 Vision, as well as the reasonable prices. This makes it easier for patients to find frames that suit their needs and budget.
2229 S Memorial Pl, Sheboygan, WI 53081
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback. Patients comment on the friendly and prompt service from receptionists and opticians. Doctors are praised for their expertise and clear explanations. A few patients report issues with inaccurate website details, less helpful staff, and poor quality glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the receptionists, opticians, and optometrists at this eye care center are friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel comfortable during exams, explain procedures clearly, and provide helpful advice and recommendations.
- Assistance with frame selection: Customers appreciate the assistance they receive in picking out frames. The staff takes the time to understand their preferences and offers a variety of options to choose from. They also help ensure that the frames fit properly on the face, which is particularly valued by those who have had issues with ill-fitting glasses in the past.
- Reasonable prices and accommodating service: Wisconsin Vision offers eye exams at a reasonable price and is willing to work with customers to accommodate their budget. They also provide discounts or flexibility with pricing based on specific needs. Additionally, they have evening hours, making it convenient for busy individuals to visit for appointments or pick up their orders.
Community Eyecare, Inc
950 W Ryan St Ste A, Brillion, WI 54110
The eye care center receives consistent positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff and caring, thorough doctors. Customers appreciate the modern equipment, efficient service, and minimal wait times. Overall, customers highly recommend this professional eye care center.
- Pleasant and friendly staff, creating a welcoming environment.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors who take their time to answer questions and provide solutions.
- Helpful and accommodating staff who prioritize patient satisfaction.
Prevea Vision at the Shops at Woodlake
795 B Woodlake Rd, Kohler, WI 53044
The Prevent Vision center is lauded for its immaculate and orderly facilities and cutting-edge equipment. Dr. Entringer and staff are acclaimed for their attentive care, putting adults and children at ease during exams. Many loyal patients travel to receive services. Overall, the clinic is renowned for experienced, congenial staff and meticulous, professional exams.
- Clean and well-organized facility with up-to-date equipment.
- Dr. Entringer and her staff are welcoming, friendly, and make children feel comfortable.
- Highly skilled and caring professionals who provide exceptional vision care.
2644 N 8th St, Sheboygan, WI 53083
The eye clinic provides thorough exams, helpful glasses selection, welcoming staff, and excellent customer service, according to positive reviews. Patients appreciate the attention to detail, willingness to assist with replacements and adjustments, professionalism, friendliness, and exceptional care.
- Thorough and informative eye exams
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Resolves issues and provides great customer service
- Note: The pros listed above are based on the positive reviews provided.
309 N Franklin St, Port Washington, WI 53074
This eye care center is largely well-reviewed for its friendly staff, especially James, and great selection of eyewear. However, some mention issues with appointment cancellations and pricing.
- The staff at this eye care center is incredibly patient, kind, and friendly, especially when it comes to assisting with contact lenses and ordering glasses.
- The optometrist at this location listens well, and the technicians are knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. They also provide clear information on discounts and insurance coverages.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.