Best Eye Doctors In Plover, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Plover Optometrists in Plover, Plover, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Plover reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Plover.
Shopko Optical – Wisconsin Rapids
4551 8th St S, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
The eye care center provides same-day appointments and lets customers try glasses without needing a special appointment. Reviewers commend the staff for excellent customer service and insurance assistance. Patients value the comprehensive eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Mary earns consistent praise for superb service and guiding customers to informed choices. Flexible scheduling and reasonable prices also draw positive mentions.
- Same-day appointments for eye exams and trying on new glasses without requiring a special appointment - this significantly reduces waiting time for customers.
- Great customer service and friendly staff - the staff is helpful, knowledgeable, and professional, providing excellent customer service throughout the eye exam and glasses selection process.
- Thorough and comfortable eye exams - customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and feel at ease with the doctors. The staff is also efficient, and appointments are on time.
ReVision Eye Care, LLC
3341 8th St S, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
Customers speak highly of the friendly staff, comprehensive eye exams, modern facilities, and personalized frame selections at this eye care center. Though prices are above average, most believe the quality justifies the cost.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were kind, welcoming, and attentive. They were willing to explain procedures and answer questions, making the experience more comfortable for patients.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Reviewers praised the eye exams at this center, mentioning that they were thorough and explained step-by-step by the optometrist. This attention to detail and communication helps patients understand their eye health better.
- Modern and clean facility: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the clinic was clean and equipped with modern technology for eye testing. This indicates that the eye care center keeps up with the latest advancements in the field and provides a hygienic environment for patients.
Shopko Optical – Plover
174 Crossroads Dr, Plover, WI 54467
Overall, customers largely compliment Shopko Optical’s attentive doctors and efficient exams, yet some express frustration with communication lapses and delays receiving ordered eyewear.
- Quick and efficient service - Reviews mention that the eye exams and appointments at this location are quick and efficient, with minimal waiting time.
- Friendly and professional staff - Many reviews highlight the friendly and professional nature of the staff, including the opticians and the doctors.
- Virtual eye exams - Some reviewers mention that they appreciated the option for virtual eye exams, with remote doctors available to conduct exams through video calls.
Shopko Optical – Stevens Point
308 Division St, Stevens Point, WI 54481
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews, with many customers highlighting the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Mary and Heidi are often mentioned by name for their helpful and attentive service. A small number of negative reviews cite issues with glasses or customer service, but positive experiences predominate. The location is recommended overall for thorough eye exams and excellent customer service.
- Friendly and prompt staff: Customers mentioned that the staff members at this eye care center were friendly, caring, and attentive. They were praised for their knowledge and willingness to help, making the overall experience pleasant.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Reviewers were impressed with the thoroughness of the eye exams, mentioning that they were quick yet detailed. The doctors easily explained diagnoses, and the eye care assistants took their time administering tests.
- Assistance with glasses and contact lenses: Customers appreciated the assistance they received in selecting glasses frames and determining the best pricing options. The staff was helpful and patient, ensuring that customers found the right fit and look for their glasses. They also assisted with ordering contacts when necessary.
Kolar Vision Center
404 Market St, Nekoosa, WI 54457
The eye care center is lauded for its attentive staff, skilled optometrist, and exceptional care in a professional yet welcoming environment. Patients consistently recommend this practice for thorough eye exams and outstanding service.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Sterling Optical – Stevens Point
2212 Division St, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Customers consistently commend Dr. Ozanne and her staff at Sterling Optical for their comprehensive eye exams, personalized attention, and expertise in finding ideal frames. Many enthusiastically recommend Sterling Optical for all eye care needs.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Customers appreciate the comprehensive eye exams at Sterling Optical. The optometrist, Dr. Ozanne, and her staff take the time to observe various eye structures, providing a detailed understanding of eye health and any vision corrections needed.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The team at Sterling Optical is praised for being friendly, helpful, and patient. From assisting with frame selection to answering questions about glasses and insurance coverage, the staff creates a welcoming and supportive environment for customers.
- Knowledgeable and attentive optician: Anne, a certified optician, is highly recommended for her knowledge and assistance in finding the right style and fit for glasses. She provides honest feedback and takes the time to explain why certain frames do or do not suit each customer's face.
Eye Clinic of Wisconsin
3401 Stanley St, Stevens Point, WI 54481
This eye care center is highly regarded for its professional and caring staff, thorough exams, prompt service, and friendly receptionists. Patients frequently mention appreciating the clinic’s Medicaid acceptance and focus on providing quality care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are kind, patient, and professional, making for a positive and pleasant experience.
- Thorough and thorough exams: Reviewers note that they received thorough and comprehensive eye exams, indicating that the eye care provided at this center is of high quality.
- Great for Medicaid patients: It is mentioned that this eye care center accepts Medicaid and has a good selection of Medicaid-approved frames, making it a suitable option for those with Medicaid insurance coverage.
Northeast Wisconsin Retina Associates
5733 Windy Dr, Stevens Point, WI 54482
The eye care center is lauded for its excellent service, kind staff, and knowledgeable doctor. Patients commend the responsiveness and successful emergency surgeries. The professional staff, clean facilities, and personable Dr. Kahook contribute to the center’s reputation for top-quality care. There is interest in expanding availability to Marshfield, Wisconsin.
- Prompt and efficient service: The eye care center was praised for their immediate response to emergency situations, such as providing immediate surgery for an eye issue, resulting in a positive outcome.
- Knowledgeable and personable staff: The eye care center was commended for their professional staff, including a knowledgeable and personable doctor, which enhanced the overall experience.
- Consistent excellent care: The eye care center consistently provided excellent care, as highlighted by multiple reviewers.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.