Best Eye Doctors In Pleasant Prairie, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Pleasant Prairie Optometrists in Pleasant Prairie, Pleasant Prairie, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Pleasant Prairie reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Pleasant Prairie.
3621 Market Lane, Kenosha, WI 53144
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its professional and thorough doctors. Reviewers frequently comment on the friendly, helpful staff and clean, attractive facility. Customers are pleased with the prompt, supportive service, competitive pricing, and wide selection of frames. Patients report high satisfaction and compliment the doctors’ expertise and attentiveness.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Customers appreciate the professionalism and thoroughness of the eye exams performed by Dr. Krege.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at this eye care center. They feel well taken care of and supported throughout the process.
- Reasonable prices and wide selection of frames: Many customers appreciate the reasonable prices and wide selection of frames available at this location, making it a convenient and affordable option for their eye care needs.
Emer Eye Care
6300 76th St Suite 100, Kenosha, WI 53142
Emer Eye Care receives positive reviews for thorough, knowledgeable exams. Patients describe friendly staff and a well-liked new office. Doctors take time answering questions and providing detailed exams. Reviews show Emer Eye Care delivers outstanding care in a pleasant, professional setting.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at Emer Eye Care are thorough in their examinations and take the time to explain everything clearly to the patients.
- State-of-the-art technology: The eye care center is praised for its use of new technology during exams, which provides patients with detailed information about their eye health.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciated the friendly and helpful staff at Emer Eye Care, mentioning that they felt comfortable and well-cared for during their visits.
9160 76th St Suite C, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
The reviews indicate this eye care center provides professional, thorough exams. Patients report the doctors take time to answer questions and explain results. Many comment on the expertise of the doctors and the clean, comfortable office environment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for having a friendly and knowledgeable staff. This suggests that you can expect to be greeted warmly and be assisted by professionals who can answer your questions and provide expert guidance during your eye care experience.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Several customers mentioned that the eye care center offers comprehensive eye exams. This indicates that they provide thorough examinations to assess the health of your eyes and detect any vision issues or underlying conditions. With comprehensive exams, you can feel confident that your eye care needs will be well-addressed.
7214 Green Bay Rd, Kenosha, WI 53142
Customers report efficient appointment times, knowledgeable staff guiding them through examinations, and friendly assistance finding affordable frames.
- Quick appointments and minimal wait times for eye exams.
- Helpful staff, particularly Alicia and Effie, who provide attentive assistance during the eye exam and frame selection process.
2305 30th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53144
Most reviews of this eye care center are positive, highlighting comprehensive exams and helpful staff. However, some critique new ownership for misdiagnoses, unprofessionalism, long waits for glasses, and poor service. Drs. Brunello and Thomas come recommended, while other options may be better for purchasing glasses.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams with explanations of procedures and correct prescriptions provided by Dr. Brunello.
- Friendly and helpful staff who go out of their way to assist in selecting the perfect eyeglasses for your face structure.
5725 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53142
Overall the Wisconsin Vision reviews are positive with patients appreciating the thorough exams, wide selection of frames, and professional, friendly staff like Dr. Day and Haili. There is one review raising concerns about communication and pricing transparency that should be addressed.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough, suggesting that the optometrists take the time to carefully evaluate and address any concerns.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Many reviews praised the staff for being helpful, friendly, and professional. They were commended for assisting with frame selection, navigating insurance, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviews mentioned the wide selection of eyeglass frames available at this center, with options to suit various preferences in terms of style, shape, and color.
3719 80th St, Kenosha, WI 53142
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly staff, especially Blaine, Janis and Sara, and for providing efficient eye exams without pressuring upgrades. However, one customer did have issues with communication and delays in glasses and contacts. Overall Herslof Optical is recommended for knowledgeable staff and great customer service.
- The staff, including Blaine, Janis, and Sarah, are described as friendly, helpful, and professional, providing excellent customer service.
- The process of getting an eye exam and choosing glasses is described as smooth and efficient, with customers being able to find what they need and complete the process in a reasonable amount of time.
Ayers Eye Care, LLC
5027 Green Bay Rd, Kenosha, WI 53144
Dr. Ayers provides personalized and thorough eye care, taking time to understand patients’ histories. Her knowledgeable recommendations receive acclaim. The eye care staff earn compliments for their warm professionalism. However, one patient complained of poor communication regarding insurance and appointments.
- Dr. Ayers is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for her excellent eye care and attention to detail.
- The staff at the eye care center are described as friendly, welcoming, and helpful.
- Dr. Ayers goes above and beyond to provide thorough and personalized eye exams, making her patients feel cared for and informed.
Savaglio Family Vision
3916 67th St, Kenosha, WI 53142
Reviews for Dr. Savaglio’s eye care center reflect his patient-focused approach. Many commend his clear eye exam explanations, kindness, and thoroughness. Customers also appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable staff, wide selection of glasses, and advanced exam technology. Though reviews are overwhelmingly positive, one customer did have a negative experience related to insurance coverage and staff interaction.
- Thorough and kind explanation: Dr. Savaglio takes the time to explain things thoroughly and kindly, which is appreciated by patients.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff at Savaglio Family Vision is knowledgeable, friendly, and goes above and beyond to provide quality customer service.
- Great experience for kids: The office provides a great experience for children, making them comfortable during their eye exams and providing special prizes.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
10347 77th St Suite 618, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Most reviews commend the friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable staff. Patients especially appreciate Cheryl for her outstanding service and expertise. Positive feedback highlights the staff going above and beyond with temporary lenses and early appointments. A sole negative review cites a billing problem and unmet advertised offer.
- Friendly and accommodating staff, willing to go out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable and professional team members, providing thorough and high-quality eye exams.
- Excellent customer service, with staff members who are attentive, understanding, and patient.
6935 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53142
The eye care center is highly regarded for its friendly staff and thorough exams. Patients mention Katrina, Drea, and Dr. Dorman as providing excellent care. While opticians assist capably with frames, one patient reports issues with fit and costs. Despite this outlier, most reviews enthusiastically recommend this practice’s personalized service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention how friendly and welcoming the staff, particularly Katrina and Drea, are at this eye care center. They treat patients like friends and are helpful in assisting with eye exams and selecting frames.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Dr. Dorman is praised for being thorough, patient, and explaining everything well during the eye exams. Patients appreciate the level of detail and attention provided by the doctors at this location.
- Helpful and efficient service: Many reviewers highlight the efficient and helpful service they received at this eye care center. The staff, including Crystal, Veronica, and Rebecca, are mentioned as being knowledgeable, pleasant, and going above and beyond to ensure a positive experience.
- Overall, the staff's friendliness, the thoroughness of the doctors, and the helpfulness of the service make this eye care center a recommended choice for eye exams and eye care.
Grady Design Harborside Eye Care
5134 6th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140
Customers highly recommend Harborside Eyecare, owned by Dr. Grady and Cyndi Grady, for their knowledgeable and thoughtful staff, thorough eye exams, and unique frame selection. The personalized service, attention to detail, and outstanding customer care make it a top choice. While prices are slightly higher, customers believe the quality and service are worth it. However, some negative reviews mentioned uncomfortable experiences and difficulty accessing the glasses collection. Overall, Harborside Eyecare is a reliable and trustworthy eye care center.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Customers consistently mention the knowledgeable and thorough eye exams conducted by Dr. Grady, ensuring the highest level of care.
- Unique and extensive frame selection: The eye care center offers a wide range of unique frames that are not typically seen elsewhere, allowing customers to find frames that are personalized and distinctive.
- Outstanding customer service: The staff at the eye care center is praised for providing excellent customer service, going above and beyond to help customers find the perfect frames and lenses, and offering personalized assistance throughout the process.
Eye Doctor Kenosha
7201 Green Bay Rd c, Kenosha, WI 53142
Dr. Tran provides excellent vision care and is praised for correcting vision at this eye center. The staff is friendly, especially with children. The excellent doctor was able to diagnose ocular tumors in its infancy, life threatening ocular diseases as well as vision threatening lesions.
- Friendly and kid-friendly environment: The front desk staff are super kid-friendly, armed with suckers and stickers, making the visit fun for children.
- Highly skilled eye doctor: Dr. Tran is praised for her ability to provide excellent care, spending time explaining the process and ensuring that patients’ contacts and glasses are perfect, even for those with high prescriptions.
- Suitable for the whole family: This eye care center is a great option for the entire family, as they provide eye care services for patients of all ages.
Eye Centers of Kenosha
9916 75th St #101, Kenosha, WI 53142
Based on recent reviews, many had a good cataract surgery experience, complimenting the staff’s kindness and doctors’ skill. The years of expertise and customer-centric service earned many praises from the customers in Kenosha.
- The doctors at this eye care center are highly skilled and provide excellent care, particularly for cataract surgery.
- The staff is friendly and professional, especially in the optical department.
- The center offers advanced equipment and technology for eye exams and treatments.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.