Best Eye Doctors In Oshkosh, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Oshkosh Optometrists in Oshkosh, Oshkosh, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Oshkosh reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Oshkosh.
InSight Eye Care
251 N Sawyer St, Oshkosh, WI 54902
Patients speak highly of Insight Eye Care’s friendly, knowledgeable doctors and staff who provide thorough exams. Many appreciate their professionalism and helpfulness, plus the ease of purchasing glasses and contacts.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's friendliness and professionalism, making patients feel comfortable and taken care of during their eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers state that the eye exams at this location are comprehensive and detailed, providing a thorough understanding of their eye health and needs.
- Excellent customer service: The staff is praised for their excellent customer service, including assistance with frame selection, insurance coverage, and addressing any concerns or questions.
Community Eyecare, Inc
1255 Appleton Rd, Menasha, WI 54952
Community Eye Care receives positive reviews for its friendly staff and Dr. Burgess’ ability to put patients at ease. Patients report thorough and professional exams. The office offers a wide selection of frames and provides a smooth first-time exam experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention how the staff at the eye care center is friendly, helpful, and welcoming. They provide individual attention, answer questions, and assist in picking out frames.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Customers appreciate that the eye exams at this location are thorough and explained in detail. The optometrists take their time, address any concerns, and provide comprehensive explanations about the condition of the eyes and any necessary treatments.
Eye Care Center
1225 W Northland Ave, Appleton, WI 54914
The Eye Care Center is consistently praised for thorough eye exams performed by knowledgeable and friendly staff. Patients feel well-cared for thanks to personalized attention throughout exams and ample time taken to explain processes and answer questions. The professional, expert eye doctors excel at explaining test results and projections.
- Thorough eye exams that address specific vision needs, such as bifocals and computer work
- Caring and personable staff that takes the time to answer questions and explain findings
- Friendly and welcoming environment with professional and knowledgeable doctors
Eye & Vision Clinics, S.C.
301 N Broadway, De Pere, WI 54115
Patients commend the clinic’s attentive care and comprehensive eye exams. Reviewers note the friendly, knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art equipment. Overall, this professional and welcoming eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Excellent care and knowledgeable staff: The eye care center takes the time to explain everything during the eye exam and answer any questions, providing excellent care and making patients feel special.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: The staff is thorough, professional, and provides in-depth eye exams, ensuring that patients receive the level of care they need.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff is described as friendly, kind, and patient, creating a welcoming and pleasant environment for patients.
1212 S Koeller St, Oshkosh, WI 54902
Shopko Optical customers generally had positive experiences, with many praising the thorough and friendly eye exams. Reviewers appreciated the expertise and helpful attitude of specific doctors and staff who made them feel comfortable. A couple negative reviews involved billing issues and dissatisfaction with one employee’s service.
- Thorough and friendly eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and performed by friendly doctors. They take the time to explain the results and discuss the best options for contact lenses and glasses.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including employees like Tanya and Kay Metnik, are praised for their knowledge and willingness to help customers. They assist in choosing the right lenses and frames and are knowledgeable about insurance coverage.
- Accommodating and friendly for children: Parents appreciate the accommodating and friendly approach of the doctors and staff when it comes to eye exams for children. They make kids feel comfortable and at ease during the appointment.
1490 Oneida St, Appleton, WI 54915
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff, particularly Dr. LaCount and Tara. Some patients have noticed a decline in service since the optical shop moved from Shopko, citing difficulties contacting staff and insurance issues. However, many patients report great experiences, complimenting the staff, frame selections, and customer service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff at this eye care center as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They took their time during eye exams, answered questions, and provided thorough assistance in choosing frames and lenses.
- Good customer service: Some reviews praised the customer service at this location. The staff was described as quick to assist, patient, and willing to stand behind warranties or help resolve issues with frames or orders.
- Experienced and trusted doctor: One review mentioned that they have been seeing a specific doctor at this location for many years and described him as funny, friendly, and caring. Another review mentioned a positive experience with Dr. Richard and his assistant Marilyn, highlighting their informative and excellent customer service during the appointment.
- Note: Please be aware that these pros are based on reviews and may not necessarily reflect the overall experience at this eye care center. It is important to consider a variety of factors and individual preferences when making a decision.
1154 Westowne Dr, Neenah, WI 54956
Shopko Optical provides thorough eye exams explained by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Customers appreciate the good selection of frames, though one had an issue with insurance help. Overall, customers recommend Shopko Optical for exams and glasses.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff.
- Great selection of frames.
- Efficient and organized eye exams with friendly staff.
1510 S Koeller St, Oshkosh, WI 54902
This Oshkosh eye care center is well-regarded for its professional atmosphere, friendly staff, and quality eye exams from Doctor Hubertus. Patients comment favorably on the helpful staff, extensive frame selection, and efficient, informative service. A few negative reviews cite appointment scheduling problems and discourteous staff. In general, most customers report positive experiences and would recommend this eye care center.
- Professional and relaxing atmosphere: Customers were impressed with the atmosphere at the Oshkosh location, describing it as professional and relaxing. This can contribute to a comfortable and pleasant experience during eye exams and eye care.
- Amazing staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at the eye care center, mentioning that they were helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Having a great team can enhance the overall experience and ensure that customers receive the assistance they need.
- Knowledgeable and pleasant optometrist: Customers expressed confidence in Dr. Hubertus, mentioning that he provided quality eye exams and was pleasant to interact with. A skilled and personable optometrist can make a significant difference in the quality of care provided.
Kimberly Eye Clinic
919 W Kennedy Ave ste a, Kimberly, WI 54136
Patients complimented the eye care center’s friendly and efficient staff, thorough exams, helpful doctor recommendations, wide selection of frames, and professionalism. One billing issue was mentioned, but it appears isolated.
- Friendly and efficient staff that conduct thorough eye exams.
- Wide selection of eyeglass frames and helpful staff for choosing the right glasses.
- Great experience with pediatric eye exams and making them fun for kids.
- Personable doctors who take the time to explain and address concerns.
- Excellent customer service, including knowledgeable staff that maximize insurance benefits.
- Warm, friendly atmosphere and knowledgeable doctors with years of experience.
Drs. Beaudoin & Wade
2600 W College Ave # 1, Appleton, WI 54914
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for efficient, friendly service and thorough exams. Doctors provide helpful suggestions. However, one customer cited issues with communication and unsatisfactory glasses. Overall, a reputable practice with knowledgeable, caring staff.
- Efficient and quick eye exams: Customers mentioned that the eye exams were quick and they were in and out of the clinic in a short amount of time.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers commented on the staff's knowledge and friendliness, making the overall experience pleasant.
- Advanced technology for diabetic eye exams: One reviewer appreciated the use of retinal imaging systems for diabetic eye exams, which eliminated the need for dilation and made the process more efficient.
Doctors of Optometry – Fox River Mall
4301 W Wisconsin Ave Ste 189, Appleton, WI 54913
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their friendly and helpful staff. Customers note the optometrists’ expertise in conducting comprehensive eye exams. Many appreciate the wide selection of eyewear. However, one customer did experience a lengthy wait time and some confusion with the virtual appointment setup.
- Polite and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, courteous, and professional, providing excellent customer service.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviews highlight the extensive and educational eye exams conducted by the optometrists at this location. The doctors are praised for their thoroughness and patience in explaining the exam results and providing beneficial information about eye health.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviews mention the great selection of frames available, making it easy for customers to find glasses that fit well and meet their preferences.
Valley Vision Clinic
1513 S Commercial St, Neenah, WI 54956
The highly positive reviews praise the knowledgeable, kind, and helpful doctors and staff. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and personalized care. A couple minor issues like an extra charge for pupil measurement and delayed glasses adjustments did not detract from the overwhelmingly positive experiences.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers consistently mention the staff's expertise and kindness, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared for during their eye exams and visits.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews highlight the comprehensive nature of the eye exams, emphasizing that patients aren't just treated as a number but receive personalized attention and care.
- Great selection of glasses: Patients appreciate the assistance provided by the clinic's staff in choosing the right frames, noting that they offer a wide variety of stylish options to suit different preferences and facial structures.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.