Best Eye Doctors In Marinette, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Marinette Optometrists in Marinette, Marinette, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Marinette reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Marinette.
Eye & Vision Clinics, S.C.
301 N Broadway, De Pere, WI 54115
The eye care center provides excellent care, knowledgeable staff, and thorough eye exams. Patients value the friendly, professional staff and personalized attention during visits. Customers widely recommend this facility for exceptional service and reliable eye care.
- Excellent care: The staff at the eye care center is praised for providing excellent care, taking the time to explain everything during the eye exam, and answering any questions patients may have.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. The front desk staff, doctors, and other team members are described as friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams and the professionalism of the doctors. The exams were described as thorough, professional, and providing detailed explanations of the findings.
Doctors of Optometry – Bay Park Square
303 Bay Park Square #976, Green Bay, WI 54304
The eye care center received largely favorable reviews, with patients commending the staff for their helpfulness and efficiency. Dr. Hanseter was noted as an astute and meticulous optometrist. A couple less glowing reviews cited the lack of on-site lens fabrication at LensCrafters and unsatisfactory contact lens prescriptions. However, most patients had positive experiences and would recommend the eye care center.
- The staff is helpful, efficient, and attentive, making the experience pleasant for both adults and children.
- The eye exams are thorough, with the doctor explaining every step and providing clear results and recommendations.
- The branch is equipped with high-tech equipment, providing a precise and accurate eye examination.
2910 Roosevelt Rd Suite F, Marinette, WI 54143
The Shopko Optical eye care center is lauded for its professional, helpful staff, particularly optometrists Claire and Anne. Customers appreciate the modern equipment, friendly service, quality exams, and aid in selecting frames. Many highly recommend this eye care center.
- Excellent eye examinations with professional and helpful staff.
- Outstanding care and attention to detail during eye exams, with modern equipment and video conferencing options.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide top-notch service, especially for children's eye exams.
2158 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Most reviews praise this eye care center’s knowledgeable, friendly staff and thorough, informative exams. Customers appreciate the frame selection help and quick glasses turnaround. However, a few reviews mentioned no eye exams for prescriptions and high costs without insurance.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's knowledge and helpfulness, making the experience of getting an eye exam and choosing eyewear easy and informative.
- Timely eye exams: One review states that the eye exam was completed at the scheduled time, indicating efficient service.
- Friendly and welcoming environment: Several reviews mention the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at the eye care center, with staff members being described as polite, personable, and even singing Happy Birthday to a customer.
Advanced Eyecare Center
3237 Riverside Dr Suite A, Green Bay, WI 54301
The eye care center is widely regarded for thorough eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Many patients comment on the excellent customer service and staff’s dedication in addressing all concerns. However, some reviews mentioned issues with rude office staff and billing/insurance processes.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams with explanations: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough and detailed, with the staff explaining each test and its function. This shows that the center prioritizes patient understanding and provides comprehensive care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers commented on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, including the receptionists, doctors, and eyewear specialists. The staff was described as professional, kind, and accommodating, creating a pleasant and comfortable experience for patients.
- Problem-solving approach and personalized care: Several reviews mentioned that the center took the time to listen to patients' concerns and addressed specific eye issues, such as dry eyes and astigmatism. The doctors went above and beyond to provide additional tests and find the correct prescription, ensuring that patients received the best possible care for their individual needs.
Ben Zellner MD at OSMS
1931 Marinette Ave, Marinette, WI 54143
Dr. Zellner and staff receive rave reviews for their expertise, professionalism, and clear communication when explaining eye issues and treatment plans. Patients appreciate the friendly, efficient service. People strongly recommend this office for all eye care needs.
- Knowledgeable and competent physician: Dr. Zellner is highly recommended for his expertise in orthopedic care and his patient-centered approach.
- Efficient and friendly staff: The entire staff at the eye care center is praised for their excellent attitudes, helpfulness, and friendliness towards patients.
2470 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Dr. Gospodarek earns high marks for his expertise, diligence, and dedication to his patients. His clear explanations and caring manner put even the youngest and most vulnerable at ease. With a helpful, friendly staff, his practice delivers attentive eye care that keeps patients returning and referring others.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised Dr. Jason for providing thorough and detailed eye exams. They appreciated his patience and ability to explain everything clearly.
- Friendly and caring staff: Several reviews mentioned the friendly and compassionate nature of both Dr. Jason and his staff. Patients felt welcomed and comfortable during their visits, which is especially important for those with special needs or children.
- Affordable pricing and value: Multiple reviewers mentioned that Dr. Jason's prices are among the cheapest they have found. They appreciated his honesty in recommending tests or services that are worth the cost, saving them money in the long run.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.