Best Eye Doctors In Ashwaubenon, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Ashwaubenon Optometrists in Ashwaubenon, Ashwaubenon, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Ashwaubenon reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Ashwaubenon.
2811 S Oneida St, Ashwaubenon, WI 54304
Customers largely had positive experiences at this eye care center, applauding the smooth process, friendly and professional staff, and efficient service. However, a few customers did report dissatisfaction with long wait times and poor customer service.
- Smooth and efficient process, from eye exam to picking up glasses.
- Friendly and professional staff.
- Quick turnaround time for eye exams and getting new glasses.
- Knowledgeable staff who assist with insurance and finding the right frames.
- Good selection of frames.
- Reasonable prices and high-quality products.
- Accommodating of urgent situations, such as needing glasses quickly.
- Positive and helpful experience, with staff going above and beyond to assist.
Eye & Vision Clinics, S.C.
301 N Broadway, De Pere, WI 54115
Customers consistently describe the eye doctors as knowledgeable and thorough during exams. They also praise the friendly, professional staff for helping select frames and answering questions. While a few minor critiques exist, most reviews enthusiastically recommend this eye care center for its quality care.
- Excellent care and thorough explanations: The staff at this eye care center takes the time to explain everything during the eye exam and answer any questions, ensuring a thorough understanding of the process.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and skilled doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are described as friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, providing thorough exams and offering solutions for any eye issues.
Doctors of Optometry – Bay Park Square
303 Bay Park Square #976, Green Bay, WI 54304
Customers were very satisfied with the helpful, professional doctors and friendly, attentive staff at the eye care center. Some concerns were raised regarding LensCrafters’ lack of on-site lens production and occasional issues with communication and pricing.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, making the experience pleasant and efficient.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many customers appreciate the doctors' explanations during the eye exams, finding them to be thorough and informative. This helps them understand the results and any potential issues.
- High-tech equipment: The eye care center is equipped with high-tech equipment, providing accurate and precise eye exams. This ensures that customers receive the best possible care during their visit.
723 Main Ave, De Pere, WI 54115
Customers rated the eye doctors as caring and thorough during exams. They found the staff helpful in choosing frames and answering questions. A few customers did note issues with insurance coverage, impatient staff at times, and high prices for glasses.
- Caring and knowledgeable optometrists - Multiple reviews mention that the optometrists at this location, particularly Dr. Amy Peot and Dr. Ertl, were caring, thorough, and explained the exam process well. They also took the time to answer questions and address concerns.
- Helpful and friendly staff - Many reviewers praise the staff for being helpful, friendly, and professional. They assisted with frame selection, explained different product options, and went above and beyond to ensure a comfortable and pleasant experience.
- Quick and efficient check-in process - Several reviewers mention that the check-in process was quick and easy, even for new customers. The staff promptly screened patients and efficiently moved through the entire exam process.
- Note: While these pros are based on the reviews provided, it is important to consider all aspects of a eye care center before making a decision.
2621 S Oneida St, Green Bay, WI 54304
The eye care center received largely favorable feedback. Patients found the staff, from receptionists to optometrists, to be helpful and knowledgeable. Some patients did note feeling rushed during appointments or expressed concerns regarding communication about glasses fittings and sales approaches.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the employees at the eye care center were polite, knowledgeable, and provided excellent customer service.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Patients appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the doctors conducting the eye exams, as mentioned in the reviews.
- Positive overall experience: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with their experience at the eye care center, from the initial reception to the assistance in choosing glasses.
303 Bay Park Square #976, Green Bay, WI 54304
Most reviews commend the comprehensive eye exams and accommodating staff. Numerous customers were pleased with the frame options and overall experience. However, some critiqued aspects of customer service, unclear pricing, and dissatisfaction with eyeglasses received.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and comprehensive. Patients appreciate the time and attention given by the optometrists in answering their questions and addressing their concerns.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers consistently highlight the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. They feel well taken care of and appreciate the assistance and guidance provided during the eyewear selection and fitting process.
- Convenient location and good frame selection: The eye care center is located inside a mall, making it easily accessible for customers. Additionally, reviewers mention a good selection of frames to choose from, allowing them to find the perfect fit for their needs and style preferences.
2268 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
The first customer reported an unprofessional employee and hurried eye exam. The second had a positive experience with attentive staff and comprehensive testing. Other customers were pleased with the expertise and thorough exams, aside from some dissatisfaction with costs and wait times.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were thorough and the optometrists took the time to explain the results and any eye issues discovered during the exam.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers commented on the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. They felt welcomed, received good customer service, and had their questions answered.
- Efficient and fast service: Some reviewers noted that the service at this eye care center was fast and efficient, making it convenient for them to get their eye exams done quickly.
2158 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Most reviews commend the friendly, knowledgeable staff, timely eye exams, and assistance selecting frames. A couple negative reviews cite issues with making glasses without an exam and high uninsured costs. Overall, customers recommend this eye care center for excellent service and quality eyewear.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's expertise in conducting eye exams and helping customers select frames. Customers appreciate their informative and helpful approach.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and polite nature of the staff, creating a welcoming and stress-free environment. The staff is praised for going above and beyond to provide exceptional service.
- Timeliness and efficiency: Customers note that the eye exams are conducted promptly and at the scheduled time, minimizing wait times. The ordering process and lens replacements are also mentioned to be quick and efficient.
Tower Clock Eye Center
1087 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their knowledgeable doctors and attentive staff. Patients report successful treatment for conditions like dry eye and cataracts. The facilities offer professional, prompt care with modern equipment. Reviewers recommend this center for exams and procedures.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers have mentioned that the staff at this eye care center are knowledgeable and friendly, providing helpful information and making patients feel comfortable during their visits.
- Professional and caring service: Many reviewers have praised the center for providing professional and caring service, with doctors who take the time to address concerns and provide thorough explanations. Patients appreciate feeling like they are being well taken care of throughout the entire process.
- State-of-the-art facilities: Several reviewers have mentioned that the facilities at this eye care center are modern and equipped with the latest technology. This ensures that patients receive high-quality care and have access to state-of-the-art equipment during their eye exams and procedures.
Advanced Eyecare Center
3237 Riverside Dr Suite A, Green Bay, WI 54301
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their attentive and informative staff. While a minority cite issues with customer service and billing, the majority enthusiastically recommend this center for comprehensive eye care.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Customers praised the eye care center for providing thorough and detailed eye exams, with every test and its function explained to them. It shows that the center prioritizes comprehensive and informative examinations.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers highlighted the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. They specifically mentioned that the staff was patient, attentive, and took the time to answer questions and address concerns. This indicates that the center offers personalized and attentive customer service.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Customers appreciated the knowledge and care provided by the doctors at the eye care center. There were positive mentions of doctors taking the time to explain and educate patients, as well as going above and beyond to address any eye-related issues. This suggests that the doctors are dedicated to providing quality care and ensuring patient satisfaction.
Matthew Joseph Thompson, M.D.
1087 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Patients appreciated Dr. Thompson’s expertise during procedures and positive outcomes. The staff was praised as friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. While some mentioned longer waits and appointment issues, most patients strongly recommended the doctor and eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, caring, and informative. They make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Skilled and knowledgeable doctor: Dr. Thompson is praised for his professionalism, expertise, and clear communication. Patients feel confident and secure in his care.
- Efficient and well-managed: Reviewers mention quick appointment scheduling and minimal wait times. The staff is described as efficient and organized, providing a seamless experience from start to finish.
Midline Vision Clinics SC
1001 Cormier Rd, Green Bay, WI 54304
Dr. Jeremy Goetsch is a knowledgeable and attentive optometrist praised for his thorough eye exams and skill solving complex vision issues. Patients appreciate his willingness to listen. The professional, patient staff may have occasional delays filling prescriptions. Overall, this clinic offers excellent, friendly service and a nice glasses selection.
- Dr. Jeremy Goetsch provides great eye exams and is experienced, kind, and attentive to patients' needs.
- The staff at the optical center is patient and helpful, providing good service and a nice selection of glasses.
- The clinic is efficient, with quick and thorough exams, and there is no pressure to purchase glasses immediately.
2470 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Dr. Jason Gospodarek is a well-regarded eye doctor at Sam’s Club Optical Center in Green Bay. Patients praise his thorough exams, extensive knowledge, and compassionate manner. He clearly explains eye care and addresses all concerns. His friendly, efficient staff draws positive reviews. Many loyal patients entrust their eye health to Dr. Jason, considering him one of the area’s finest.
- Friendly and caring eye doctor: Dr. Jason Gospodarek is described as friendly, caring, and personable by multiple reviewers. He takes the time to listen to patients, ask questions, and explain everything thoroughly.
- Thorough and knowledgeable: Dr. Gospodarek is highly praised for his thoroughness in eye exams. He is described as knowledgeable, professional, and up-to-date with the latest equipment and advancements in eye health. He takes the time to address concerns and ensures that patients feel confident in his evaluation and recommendations.
- Affordable and honest: Reviewers mention that Dr. Gospodarek offers affordable services and is honest in his opinion. He advises against unnecessary tests or services, ensuring that the cost is worth it for the patients.
Prevea Holmgren Way Health Center
2461 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304
The first review conveys dissatisfaction with the eye care center, citing problems scheduling appointments, unprofessional and rude doctors, and questionable authenticity of posted reviews. The second unfavorably contrasts the center with a more positive experience elsewhere, noting condescension and lack of kindness. Other reviews offer praise for the caring and capable staff, quick and comfortable service, prompt appointments, and satisfactory outcomes.
- Friendly and caring staff who provide excellent service for skincare needs.
- On-time appointments, professional and quick eye exams, and painless treatments.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors and nurses who provide attentive care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.