Best Eye Doctors In Appleton, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Appleton Optometrists in Appleton, Appleton, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Appleton reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Appleton.
Valley Eye Associates
21 Park Pl, Appleton, WI 54914
Current Specials: FREE VIP iLASIK CONSULTATION
Patients report mostly positive experiences with Dr. Vrebec’s LASIK surgeries, highlighting professionalism and quality work. Many felt well-cared for at Valley Eye Associates, though some cited long waits and insurance struggles. A few reviewers expressed concerns over unexpectedly high exam fees, perceived focus on money over service, unhelpful staff, and unclear surgery costs.
- Highly meticulous and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for their detailed and comprehensive eye exams. They appreciated the doctors' attention to detail and the thoroughness of the exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the eye care center. They appreciated the personalized service and felt well taken care of.
- Positive LASIK and cataract surgery experiences: Some reviewers specifically mentioned positive experiences with LASIK and cataract surgery performed at the eye care center. They were pleased with the results and the professionalism of the doctors and staff.
OptiVision Eye Care
223 S Nicolet Rd, Appleton, WI 54914
OptiVision offers quality eye care and Lasik surgery with professional, friendly service. Patients report excellent doctors and improved vision soon after procedures. Some criticisms include longer waits, poor communication on expectations, and unresolved complications. Overall a popular choice.
- Amazing customer service: Many customers praised OptiVision for their exceptional customer service, saying that the staff was polite, professional, and caring. Customers felt valued and appreciated throughout the entire process, from the initial phone call to the eye exam and billing.
- Efficient and effective LASIK surgeries: Multiple reviewers highlighted the success of their LASIK surgeries at OptiVision. They reported fast and painless procedures, with some patients achieving perfect or significantly improved vision just one day after surgery. The knowledgeable and friendly staff contributed to a comfortable and comforting experience during LASIK.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers consistently praised the friendly and knowledgeable staff at OptiVision. Reviewers appreciated the thorough explanations of procedures and the staff's ability to address their questions and concerns. The positive interactions with staff members contributed to an overall positive experience at the eye care center.
Community Eyecare, Inc
1255 Appleton Rd, Menasha, WI 54952
Community Eye Care receives glowing reviews for its friendly, helpful staff. Patients highlight Drs. Burgess and Menos for professional, comprehensive eye exams. The practice offers a wide selection of frames with staff guidance. Patients strongly endorse Community Eye Care for its outstanding service.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at Community Eye Care. They make patients feel welcome and are knowledgeable in assisting with frame selection.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers praise the eye doctors, specifically Dr. Burgess and Dr. Menos, for their thoroughness and professionalism during eye exams. They take the time to explain the process and answer any questions or concerns.
- Excellent customer experience: Reviewers commend the overall customer experience at Community Eye Care, highlighting features such as on-time appointments, clear explanations during the exam, and a pleasant office culture.
2600 W College Ave Ste 1A, Appleton, WI 54914
Customers speak highly of Eyemart Express in Appleton, WI, noting the friendly and helpful staff. Many appreciate the speedy service, with some picking up glasses in under an hour after using their own prescription. One concern was unclear exam hours, causing inconvenience. But most seem pleased.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, patient, and offered assistance with a smile.
- Quick turnaround time: Customers appreciated that the store was able to have their glasses ready in a couple of hours or less, often within an hour. This eliminates the need for multiple trips and can save a lot of time.
- Generous deals and additional glasses: Some customers mentioned that there were good deals for new customers, such as $40 off a pair of glasses. Additionally, one customer received an additional pair of glasses free of charge, which they appreciated.
Eye Care Center
1225 W Northland Ave, Appleton, WI 54914
Customers laud the eye care center’s comprehensive exams and attentive doctors. The knowledgeable, friendly staff also receive positive reviews. In summary, this eye care center comes highly recommended for its exceptional service.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams performed by knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain findings and answer questions.
- Friendly and caring staff who provide personalized attention and assistance throughout the eye exam process.
- Professionalism and expertise demonstrated by the doctors, who are familiar with patients' previous concerns and utilize top-notch equipment for accurate evaluations.
1033 W Northland Ave, Appleton, WI 54914
The majority of reviews highlight the helpful and professional doctors and staff. Patients report satisfaction with eye exams, frame selections and customer service. A small number cite issues with billing, unclear processes and poor service from some staff.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, helpful, and professional. They greeted patients promptly, provided informative information during eye exams, and offered assistance without being asked.
- Knowledgeable and Thorough Doctors: The eye care center had doctors who were knowledgeable and took their time to answer questions and address concerns. Patients appreciated the personalized care they received and felt confident in the doctors' expertise.
- Affordable Glasses: Several reviewers mentioned that the glasses offered at this eye care center were affordable, even without insurance. This could be a plus for individuals looking for cost-effective options for eyewear.
1490 Oneida St, Appleton, WI 54915
The knowledge, care and patience of the doctors and staff are praised in many reviews, though a few mention difficulties with insurance and contacting the office.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They took the time to answer questions, provide thorough assistance, and make the experience comfortable for customers.
- Great customer service: Several reviews emphasized the excellent customer service provided by the staff at this eye care center. They were quick to assist, guide customers through any questions or concerns, and were willing to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Professional and organized: Customers appreciated the professionalism and organization of the eye care center. They mentioned that the staff was educated and knowledgeable about the products, and that it was easy to get service, whether it was ordering contacts or glasses.
Kimberly Eye Clinic
919 W Kennedy Ave ste a, Kimberly, WI 54136
Customers commended the eye care center for its friendly, efficient staff and thorough eye exams. They were pleased with the professionalism of the doctors and staff. Many recommended the clinic, citing its great selection of eyeglass frames and helpful staff for selecting glasses. However, one customer expressed disappointment regarding a billing issue. In general, customers found the clinic trustworthy, personable and knowledgeable.
- Friendly and efficient staff who conduct thorough eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors who take the time to answer questions and provide recommendations.
- Helpful and patient staff when it comes to selecting eyeglasses, with a good selection of frames available.
Doctors of Optometry – Fox River Mall
4301 W Wisconsin Ave Ste 189, Appleton, WI 54913
The eye care center is lauded for its polite, friendly staff and the comprehensive eye exams performed by skilled doctors like Dr. Annette Wilde. While many appreciate the expertise of the ophthalmologists, some customers report frustration with lengthy wait times and unclear virtual appointment procedures.
- Polite and friendly staff who are patient and helpful throughout the eye exam and glasses selection process.
- Extensive and thorough eye exams provided by knowledgeable and professional optometrists, with the ability to identify eye health issues that may not be detected by regular healthcare providers.
- Excellent customer service and a great selection of frames to choose from, ensuring a positive experience and fitting glasses that feel right.
Drs. Beaudoin & Wade
2600 W College Ave # 1, Appleton, WI 54914
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the quick service, knowledgeable staff, attached eyewear store, and Dr. Beaudoin’s explanations and patient involvement. However, one patient felt communication was lacking and the appointment seemed rushed.
- Quick and efficient eye exams - Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this center were quick and easy, with minimal wait times.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff - Reviewers consistently praised the staff for being knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. They felt comfortable and well-taken care of during their visits.
- Patient-centered approach - Dr. Beaudoin was praised for his patient-centered approach, involving patients in decision-making and taking into account the individual differences in patients' eyes and their needs.
Joseph C. Neilitz, DO
1550 Midway Pl, Menasha, WI 54952
Dr. Neilitz’s patients appreciated his and his staff’s thorough, friendly care and professional manner. While a few patients raised concerns about hidden costs, wait times, and unclear billing, most praised the doctor’s surgical skill and clear explanations.
- Staff that goes above and beyond for patients, providing thorough care and making sure patients receive proper treatment.
- Friendly and accommodating staff that takes the time to explain procedures and even call insurance companies to ensure coverage.
- Dr. Neilitz and his staff are highly recommended for eye surgeries, with patients experiencing excellent results and a comforting atmosphere during their procedures.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.